South Carolina Federal Credit Union

South Carolina Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

One of the Best Places to Work in SC
Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 4, 2016
I love working here. The people are friendly and helpful. There is a strong sense of community and an excellent corporate culture. I enjoy being able to work with my members to provide them with customized solutions to fit their financial needs. Working at the credit union offers work/life balance. We are closed on weekends and holidays. We also have great benefits, and our 401k match (10%) is amazing. The training we receive is ongoing, and we get a lot of support from our managers. I have had a really good experience as a credit union employee.
Pros
benefits, onsite gym, wellness program, culture, advancement opportunities
Good Company
Full Time- Relationship Specialist I &II (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 8, 2015
Good company to work just depends on your branch volume and manager. So much drama between co-workers. The tasks assigned weren't difficult, but too much is given at one time.
benefits
Cons
management
Great Place to work if you haven't worked at another bank
Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  SCMay 17, 2015
SC federal is moving towards a banking way of doing things. If you are new to the industry you would love it. If you have been at the bigger banks you are very disappointed that they are changing the way to a less customer/employee friendly way of banking. Basically changing to BOA, Wells Fargo. If you have ever worked for them.. It is horrible so no need to work for the credit union.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Get off too late, moving towards a wells fargo way of doing things
Great training department
Branch Service Representative-Teller (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 16, 2015
One thing I realized after my employment with SCFCU was that their training was impeccable.
Pros
Benefits, training, family atmosphere
Cons
stressful depending on the position.
Banking
Items Processor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 24, 2014
Small credit union. Very hard to advance in this small company.
Pros
Close by
Cons
Hard to advance
Great company to work for!
Teller/Relationship Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 18, 2014
Very supportive management and team. Always something new to learn and promotes for within. Excellent benefits!!
Best work place ever!!!
Community Liaison for MUSC Children's Network (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 5, 2014
I've been with SCFCU for 8 years. This has been the best job, I've had.
Very productive
Teller (Former Employee) –  SCJanuary 30, 2014
Is very organized, team work was always there. If you worked hard and did your home work, you were able to advance. Not just be stuck in the same position.
branch member representative
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 24, 2013
assist member with ALL banking wants and needs. Assisted with opening and closing accounts.
Pros
great company to work for knowledgable staff and great hours
Cons
salary
notable in the community
Teller (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 9, 2013
fair, good security in job placement and communication with the community is great.
Fun, energetic work environment
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  SCMay 27, 2013
SC Federal is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They really know how to take care of and motivate their employees. Finally a job that was a joy to go to every day.
Pros
incentives, bonuses, understanding supervisors
Cons
breaks were sometimes a little short
Productive and fun opace to work with employee gym and benefits
Branch Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCApril 17, 2013
I initiate, process, and close loans. Greet members coming in an out of branch. Open/close IRA, small investments, deposit products. Process Second Mortgage applications. Sell/cross sell insurance products. Debit/Credit card acount disputes. The atmosphere is full of energetic employees eager to help the members coming in.

The hardest part of the job is denying new loans, and membership accounts. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. i have learned the banking industry and the importance of educating people in the area of their finances.
Pros
hour lunches, free lunches as an incentive to winning contest. bonuses.monthly pay per performance compensations.
Cons
family medical plans expensive.
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Talent Acquisition Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 26, 2012
South Carolina Federal Credit Union has been voted one of the best places to work in South Carolina. An employer of choice organization, South Carolina Federal is a wonderful place to work.

The people here are professional, hard working, compassionate individuals who value a work / life balance. Compensation is above average and is fair across the board. The benefits are outstanding. We pay very little out of pocket for employee insurance coverage. The company offers a 401(k) with a fantastic match. There are lots of non-traditional benefits, too, including a wellness program, an onsite gym, free flu shots, onsite lunch vendors for employees, and additional opportunities throughout the year to earn or win additional time off.

Employees here are given the tools and management coaching they need to succeed. South Carolina Federal also has a top-notch learning center that provides numerous opportunities for traning and development throughout the year. The company encourages promotion from within and takes every opportunity to do so when appropriate. The culture here is one of teamwork and helpfulness. The company also is very involved in the community and gives back to several local charities. Coming to work at South Carolina Federal is by far the best career move I've ever made!
Pros
amazing benefits, friendly coworkers
Great Place To Work
Debit/Credit Adjustment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 20, 2012
This is probably one of the greatest places that I have worked for. Not only is the leadership great but they never made you feel like your personal life didn't matter. I would reccommend this company to anyone. The only downside is that their benefits for a family is very expensive. Other than that....no complaints.
Cons
family healthcare benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Carolina Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3