South Carolina Federal Credit Union

South Carolina Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

Great company to work for!
Teller/Relationship Service Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 18, 2014
Very supportive management and team. Always something new to learn and promotes for within. Excellent benefits!!
Best work place ever!!!
Community Liaison for MUSC Children's Network (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 5, 2014
I've been with SCFCU for 8 years. This has been the best job, I've had.
Very productive
Teller (Former Employee), SCJanuary 30, 2014
Is very organized, team work was always there. If you worked hard and did your home work, you were able to advance. Not just be stuck in the same position.
branch member representative
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 24, 2013
Pros: great company to work for knowledgable staff and great hours
Cons: salary
assist member with ALL banking wants and needs. Assisted with opening and closing accounts.
notable in the community
Teller (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 9, 2013
fair, good security in job placement and communication with the community is great.
Fun, energetic work environment
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee), SCMay 27, 2013
Pros: incentives, bonuses, understanding supervisors
Cons: breaks were sometimes a little short
SC Federal is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They really know how to take care of and motivate their employees. Finally a job that was a joy to go to every day.
Productive and fun opace to work with employee gym and benefits
Branch Service Representative I (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCApril 17, 2013
Pros: hour lunches, free lunches as an incentive to winning contest. bonuses.monthly pay per performance compensations.
Cons: family medical plans expensive.
I initiate, process, and close loans. Greet members coming in an out of branch. Open/close IRA, small investments, deposit products. Process Second Mortgage applications. Sell/cross sell insurance products. Debit/Credit card acount disputes. The atmosphere is full of energetic employees eager to help the members coming in.

The hardest part of the job – more... is denying new loans, and membership accounts. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. i have learned the banking industry and the importance of educating people in the area of their finances. – less
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Talent Acquisition Representative (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 26, 2012
Pros: amazing benefits, friendly coworkers
South Carolina Federal Credit Union has been voted one of the best places to work in South Carolina. An employer of choice organization, South Carolina Federal is a wonderful place to work.

The people here are professional, hard working, compassionate individuals who value a work / life balance. Compensation is above average and is fair across the – more... board. The benefits are outstanding. We pay very little out of pocket for employee insurance coverage. The company offers a 401(k) with a fantastic match. There are lots of non-traditional benefits, too, including a wellness program, an onsite gym, free flu shots, onsite lunch vendors for employees, and additional opportunities throughout the year to earn or win additional time off.

Employees here are given the tools and management coaching they need to succeed. South Carolina Federal also has a top-notch learning center that provides numerous opportunities for traning and development throughout the year. The company encourages promotion from within and takes every opportunity to do so when appropriate. The culture here is one of teamwork and helpfulness. The company also is very involved in the community and gives back to several local charities. Coming to work at South Carolina Federal is by far the best career move I've ever made! – less

January 13, 2013

I've been trying forever to become apart of the SC Federal Credit Union team but haven't been successful as of yet. This review just makes me want to keep trying.

Great Place To Work
Debit/Credit Adjustment Coordinator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 20, 2012
Cons: family healthcare benefits
This is probably one of the greatest places that I have worked for. Not only is the leadership great but they never made you feel like your personal life didn't matter. I would reccommend this company to anyone. The only downside is that their benefits for a family is very expensive. Other than that....no complaints.

About South Carolina Federal Credit Union

South Carolina Federal Credit Union offers a full range of financial services including savings and investments, checking, credit – Read more