South Central FS is looking for full time CDL drivers for the Humboldt and Sullivan, IL Locations. This is a day shift position which requires no overnight travel. Full benefits including Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance. 401K and Pension also offered. Would prefer candidates to have Haz Endorsement but if not must be able to acquire. The CDL driver will be responsible for hauling and applying various materials (including Hazardous Materials) to customer sites and other South Central locations. Will operate commercial sprayer or floater for the purpose of applying crop inputs to producer fields. Will operate and maintain single or tandem axle trucks, multi-axle configuration trucks for delivery and/or pick-up of agronomy and/or energy products and other equipment.
Essential Functions Include:
- Applies crop production inputs to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates, procedures, and following all pesticide labels
- Must have (or be able to obtain) and maintain a CDL license with required endorsements, a satisfactory driving record and valid medical card.
- Records application data according to regulations and standards
- Sets up material handling, blending, storage, transport and application equipment for blending and delivery of products
- Blends products according to recommended rates and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to safely operate sprayers, floaters, single or tandem axle trucks and other equipment to meet company and DOT standards
- Performs and records daily safety checks of assigned vehicle(s) and associated equipment by conducting pre-trip inspections, such as checking fuel and oil levels, inspecting tires, lights, and brakes
- Loads and unloads containers, pallets, or materials and products, safely on/off trucks, trailers, or railcars
- Ensures products are evenly balanced and distributed on trucks/trailers and proper axle weights are met
- Responsible for the inventory control and turns in application records on a daily basis
- Assures all products are accounted for with either an invoice or a delivery ticket.
- Schedules maintenance and repairs of vehicles and equipment as requested
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of parts necessary for repairs and maintenance
- Maintains service records of each piece of equipment and vehicle to document a quality maintenance program and meet DOT requirements
- Responsible for the housekeeping of the shop
- Collects and records soil sample information
- Successfully adhere to safety rules and company policies and procedures. EHS, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
If interested, please send resume or letter of interest via email.