The ideal Candidate will reside in Knoxville, TN, Williamsburg, KY, Monticello KY, Corbin KY, London KY, Somerset KY...or surrounding area.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, staff stores (with seasonal merchandisers) to pre-determined budgeted levels, conducts all training of lead merchandisers and oversees the training of all merchandisers. Provide communication, direction and leadership to the merchandising team. Delivers excellent customer service, assesses the product and service needs of stores, communicates programs and helps to resolve issues at the store and market levels. Provide Wal-Mart Market Managers and Store Managers and Store Associates with coaching and guidance regarding the care and merchandising of all live goods in the garden center. During non-budgeted hours of the season (off-peak), still maintains strong working relationships with WMT MM’s, SM’s and store associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the general overall tasks. Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as needed or warranted. Job descriptions may, and can, change at any time to properly reflect the needs of the business environment.
- Conducts Train the Trainer seminars throughout the season with WMT Associates to ensure store staff is aware of what is required to maintain a successful live goods program
- Develops working relationship with WMT Market Managers to ensure that individual store sales goals are reached
- Assists store with periodic cycle counts to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Works with store to create product orders as needed
- Works with stores to secure prime selling space (on sidewalk or at entrances) for Live Goods vendors
- Performs all administrative functions for assigned area, including recruiting, scheduling, hiring, coaching/counseling and dismissal (after consulting with Operations Manager)
- Monitors and tracks hours allocation on a store, territory and regional basis to ensure we are meeting budgeted hours expectations set forth by Wal-Mart.
- Maintains store operations binder with updated POG’s, schedules and paperwork
- Coordinates execution of Corporate programs and follows up on completion status
- Monitors exception reports for accountability and documents performance levels
- Coordinates service levels and programs and disseminates instructions to the field
- Conducts training of Merchandisers, follows up on all other training across the board
- Assists in execution of corporate POP/POS and weekly programs
- Reports weekly on overall status of Region staffing and accountabilities
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Other assigned tasks as determined by supervisor and business needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must reside within assigned market territory
Technical Skills, Requirements and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to have full understanding of basic computer applications, such as email, spreadsheets and word processing
- Must be able to work with all levels of management and personnel
- Must be able to provide own transportation to assigned store locations
- Must be able to provide valid drivers license and proof of insurance coverage
Key Performance Indicators
- Meet key financial metrics such as working billable hours within 1% of budget
- Meet staffing requirements in a timely manner based on staffing estimator tool and budget requirements. All leads hired by 3/11, etc.
- Ensure all merchandiser complete orientation and required training modules
Limited Benefits available for Market Development Manager include:
- Insurance package currently not available
- Computerized mileage paid @ $.45/mile (less 40 miles/day), paid monthly
- Company Cell Phone/limited personal usage
- Company Laptop for home/travel,
- Approved Work Related Necessary Expenses (with receipt), paid monthly
- Potential 80 hours earned PTO (no approved paid vacation from 3/01-5/30)
- Jury Duty paid at salary rate, 2 Days Paid Bereavement, 2 hours Voting Pay
- 1 week paid off during Christmas break (no work scheduled)
- Paid Holidays, 8 hours (must work last scheduled day prior and first scheduled day after)
- Potential Profit Sharing Bonus (must be employed for 1 year, and work 1800 hours to be eligible, not guaranteed)
- Yearly performance review
SCG has been a major greenhouse producer of annuals, containers, hanging baskets, mums, pansies and poinsettias for Lowe’s, Wal-Mart...