South College Employee Reviews

Cannot Recommend
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2017
My father passed on this very wise advice to me, "If you can't say something good, better to say nothing at all."
I would apply this wisdom to any questions about the college, it's owner or the quality of education delivered at South College.
Pros
Cons
MAny
Frendly and helpful staff
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 10, 2017
South College Asheville is a good place to work. The staff is friendly and helpful and for the most part is very quiet. The hours are short. It is a nice place.
Pros
Quiet work enviroment
Cons
Can only work if someone is supervising you
Great way to get to know my fellow students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 12, 2017
I had a great time while working at South College, I was able to interact with the new students and the already established students and have made some great friends. Loved working at South College
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
not enough hours
Good Pay if You Can Put up With the Other
Employee (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
I'll start with the positive, the pay is good. That's it. Management is a joke, workplace culture is poor, there is some camaraderie among employees but the company does nothing to foster it, communication between & within departments is non-existent. Employee loyalty & longevity has no value. Most employees who have been there for any length of time are actively seeking to get out.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Everything Else
great place to work
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 18, 2017
Staff was awesome, the managers were awesome and were very understanding whenever there was anything that came up in personal life. The compensation was great for being a part-time job. I have no complaints
English adjunct (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 12, 2016
Great place to work, family oriented. Wonderful student body and staff. Very pleased with my time there. I am very pleased to be working there and can recommend them.
South College
Adjunct Instructor, AHS (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 25, 2016
I found out more about myself as an instructor at South College. I had never taught officially before but was always the go to person in the office whenever training was necessary. I found that I love to teach. I love designing slide shows, preparing worksheets, giving lectures, and creating exams.
Pros
I was given the opportunity to a teach a skill
Flexible schedule, great experience, and great job references
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2014
I go in around 9 am and meet with my boss, who works in the PA department at South College. After logging my "in" time I file whatever she may need filed then I either work on data entry through the typhon program that is used for clinical rotations for the nursing students. If I am needed I also help out in the admissions office by making copies, filing, and organizing documents. I have learned how to organize confidential materials and how to keep everything very confidential that I learn through the paperwork I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
I am only allowed 20 hours or less.
Interesting experiene
Dept. Chair/Professor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job was daily camaraderie with fellow attorneys and future paralegals. Hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management. I learned that I need to work for an employer with vision AND morals, and who values his employees
as vital contributors to his vision.
Excellent PA Program
Physician Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 16, 2013
Faculty is very experienced with a breadth of knowledge. Program is intense and engaging, with new approaches to keep students informed and up to date. Always seeking to improve by basis of feedback. Really prepares students to pass the PANCE and be a successful practitioner!
Enjoyable and educational workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 25, 2012
During a typical work day, I will construct, organize, and design lectures for the didactic class of South College Physician Assistant Program. I also assist in proctoring and grading the Clinical class during their end of rotation exams. This experience has helped me to stay current on my skills and knowledge base while having a lapse in clincal office work post graduation. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I am accurately testing the knowledge base and expecations of the South College Physician Assistant program. I most enjoy being able to help foster the future of the PA profession,
A positive school experience.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Asheville and Western North CarolinaMarch 6, 2012
South College Asheville gave an outstanding educational experience, and the tools I need to succeed as a radiologic technologist.