South County Hospital Employee Reviews

it is a job. no more, no less. it's not a "career" persay. the office manager is awesome personally ,but hands are tied to a point.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RINovember 13, 2017
not enough staff to cover all that needs to be done. and office isn't rushing to fill the positions. it is a job, not a long time career. but is good if that's what you are looking for
Not a good place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloorsOctober 20, 2017
South County Hospital does bot care abouy their employees. They push good wotkers out so they can bring someone in and pay them cheaper. You are just a number to them. God forbid you have a complaint you get blackballes.
Pros
What free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Balanced work environment
CardioPulmonary and Wellness Exercise Technician (Current Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIOctober 9, 2017
All of the employers work together effectively and efficiently to care and keep our patient safe during their time with us. Along with medical terminology, I learned how to properly and effectively communicate with patients and my team. The management at SCH CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation is one of the best. Not only communicates well, but always reaches out to everyone on making decision to make sure they are appropriate. The environment makes anyone feel welcome and safe.
Co-workers and mangement were a pleasure to work with.
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 31, 2017
Work was always busy which I enjoyed. I learned a lot when it came down to working in the operating room and the steps it took to clean and sterilize in central sterile. Management was very easy to work with and worked very close with the staff in the department.
Very productive place. A good place to work!
Surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 24, 2017
The reason I am leaving south County hospital is for relocation opportunity. Small community hospital with very nice people. This hospital is a good place to work overall
average fast food
Dietary Technician (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 19, 2017
a fast paces food company that you meet a lot of different characters at and develop plenty of communication skills with. its a good starter job for anyone trying to build on their career.
Muy bueno y divertido
Rhode Island (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 17, 2017
Mis jefes muy buenos buen compaƱerismo excelente trabajo las enfermeras los doctores buenas personas los de seguridad y los compaƱeros
Pros
Privado
Cons
NAda que decir
good community hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 11, 2017
hospital meets all basic needs of community, provides good out patient needs(rehab, cardiac rehab etc) ability to transport critical/trauma patients to appropriate facilities either by ambulance or helocopter
Pros
free meals to all staff on all shifts
Cons
amazing hospital to work for
ICU Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 6, 2017
I absolutely loved my team of housekeepers. everyone was easy to work with and tal;k to. I enjoyed the nurses on my icu floor as well as the patients. job was easy and not too messy.
Great place to work and wonderful people to work with
Operating Room Aide (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 4, 2017
Most days were busy . I learned diffrent ways that diffrent hopitals have certain ways of doing things. Management was supportive and helpful.The hardest part of the job was learning how ro set up certain OR beds fo diffrent procedures.
The most enjoyable part was the patients and talking with them
Pros
Good benefit, good people to work with
Cons
Long commute from where I lived
My job
Electronic Health Record Specialist Educator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 8, 2017
I work primarily in the physician practices driving from office to office to provide direct training and elbow to elbow support.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training as I find that the majority of people learn best when we have actual patients to document on. They have more retention and ask thoughtful questions.

The hardest part of my job is the criticism of the software within the EHR because I am unable to effect change within the system.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Driving from Warwick to Westerly
Great workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 25, 2016
I enjoy working at the South County Health Center. I have the honor of working with different cultures and learn their medical beliefs.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off, great PTO
Cons
Job security
Good hospital to be a patient... careful what dept you work in
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Narragansett, RINovember 13, 2016
Overall a great hospital for the patients. Strong emphasis on customer service and support. The work culture is not the greatest, many employees who are burnt out, over worked and underpaid always complaining about one thing or another. Managers do whatever they want and play favorites. There is NO union at all and no job security. Pay is low. Work life balance is none existent and dont even think about being sick, you'll get fired for callung out if you are or fired for being late if you think you're doing the right thing by dragging yourself in. Not every department is equal however, and different managers are better than others. Gossping is common place, so is drama and backstabbing. The benefits are amazing though.... if you dont get fired for using them that is....
Pros
Beautiful scenery, small hospital
Cons
Low pay, bad management, no union, no job security
Its a small town hospital. Wonderful people
Patient information volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RISeptember 26, 2016
This is a small town hospital and the employee's all know each other or are related. These people are very tight knit. They don't leave their jobs and if the advance, the place a family member or close family friend in their old job.
Pros
Small town, good care
Cons
Its a small town. If your not a native from town hard ti fet work.
The Toughest Job you will Ever Love
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIApril 12, 2016
South County Hospital is a Patient Oriented Hospital with the best Doctors and Nurses to be found in Rhode Island.
Private Rooms in every setting of care. Families are encouraged to be present for rounds if the patient agrees. Staff works together to provide a seamless unit from admission to discharge.
Doctors and Nurses work well together in care planning.
Pros
Community Hospital
Good hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIApril 4, 2016
Enjoyed working at South County Hospital. Did medical records transcription for patients, both inpatient and outpatient. Medical records staff were extremely helpful to patients.
Great small hospital with excellent orthopedic program!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RINovember 7, 2015
I have learned how to work efficiently in an acute care setting. This hospital helped me to manage my time effectively and prioritize. I enjoy working in this facility because the hospital staff and members of the health care team work cohesively together to provide a clean, safe environment and provide exceptional patient care.
Fun caring place to work
CNA/Patient Safety Sitter (Former Employee) –  Wkefield,RIOctober 20, 2015
The staff is so friendly and helpful.Always there for you.Cleanest hosp i have ever been in.HR always there when you need them.
Cons
cenus always low get sent home
Excellent
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIOctober 16, 2015
Love this hospital. A great place to work. Care about employees. Compensate well. Very compassionate to employees. Family oriented
South County Hospital
Robert Half Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMay 6, 2015
SCH is an up and coming medical facility located in South County RI. As the aging and general population seek to move further south away from cities and crowds, SCH has risen to the occasion and has become a premier medical center for both outpatient and inpatient services.

SCH is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone living in the area. The commute from Warwick was very easy. Traffic going in the direction is minimal and having not been in beech traffic, my determination is that commuter hour beats beech traffic both ways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South County Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

South County Hospital Reviews by Location