South County Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Good hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIApril 4, 2016
Enjoyed working at South County Hospital. Did medical records transcription for patients, both inpatient and outpatient. Medical records staff were extremely helpful to patients.
Great small hospital with excellent orthopedic program!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RINovember 7, 2015
I have learned how to work efficiently in an acute care setting. This hospital helped me to manage my time effectively and prioritize. I enjoy working in this facility because the hospital staff and members of the health care team work cohesively together to provide a clean, safe environment and provide exceptional patient care.
Fun caring place to work
CNA/Patient Safety Sitter (Former Employee) –  Wkefield,RIOctober 20, 2015
The staff is so friendly and helpful.Always there for you.Cleanest hosp i have ever been in.HR always there when you need them.
Cons
cenus always low get sent home
Excellent
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIOctober 16, 2015
Love this hospital. A great place to work. Care about employees. Compensate well. Very compassionate to employees. Family oriented
South County Hospital
Robert Half Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMay 6, 2015
SCH is an up and coming medical facility located in South County RI. As the aging and general population seek to move further south away from cities and crowds, SCH has risen to the occasion and has become a premier medical center for both outpatient and inpatient services.

SCH is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone living in the area. The commute from Warwick was very easy. Traffic going in the direction is minimal and having not been in beech traffic, my determination is that commuter hour beats beech traffic both ways.
Fast paced environment
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 16, 2015
I work with some wonderful people in a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of my job is never knowing where I will be day to day. They have just started rotating the phlebotomist between the seven sites with no mileage reimbursement.
It was okay
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIFebruary 25, 2015
It was Alright. People were okay. Management was strict and things had to be done according right. All my co-worker were great. Hardest part of the job was nothing really. Working here was stripping and waxing all the time. The most part I enjoyed was lunch time.
Pros
enjoying working
Cons
socializing
Fast paced, diverse medical cases, collaborative care
Staff Nurse, Medical Surgery Unit (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 28, 2014
South County Hospital uses the hospitalist model of care. Hospitalist collaborate daily with nurses on patients plan of care. Management is available 24/7 and is supportive. It is a fast paced med/surg unit, cases change daily which makes it a very educational environment. multi tasking and competing priorities are the most challenging part of the job but also the most rewarding. knowing you are making a difference in a persons physical and mental health pushes me to provide superior care.
Fun place to work!
Patient Safety Sitter (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 19, 2014
Great staff, amazing supervisors. Can honestly say I've never had a better job and I hope to work with South County again in the near future! I'd still be working there, however after having my daughter, I decided to be a stay at home mom.
Pros
amazing atmosphere
Cons
only downside was working 3rd shift
TELECOMMUNICATIONS REP (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJanuary 13, 2014
Field internal and external calls through hospital switchboard
Page doctors for patients after hours through answering service
Page overhead all CODE calls
Greet visitors at front desk
Overall good co-workers, pleasant working conditions
Nurse (Former Employee) –  RIJune 18, 2013
The pay here is pretty good but not as good as some of the other hospitals in the state. Management, depending on your floor or area can be weak or show favoritism. My coworkers were great although I did see some who were cut throat and cliques were prevelant. Typical in any work environment but it was never dealt with. The board has no clue what transpires there day to day and are of no help to the staff here who want to give the best of care. It is too bad because this could be a better hospital if the employees had someone backing them up. HR is a joke with a power hungry woman who needs to be reigned in.
Pros
great co workers and patients
Cons
high stress, management in some areas, lack of backing from higher ups.
Day at Work
Dietary Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wakefeild Rhode IslandApril 26, 2013
Duties Include Managing the Cafeteria, Maintaining friendly and inviting environment, up~to~date

Knowledge of Policies, pricing and procedures, Co~training new hires, Setting up and Breaking Down

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Responsible for handling Large amounts of Cash, I am the Full~time

Cashier. Working as a team member preforming cashier duties, product assistance, organized the

department and Closing up.
The Great Staff Overflows to Great Services
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 21, 2013
Opening at 6 in the morning can seem daunting and could easily be dreaded. However, the experiences and opportunity at the facility are anything but. Originally beginning my time at the local hospital as an intern for college credit, I later accepted the position of Exercise Physiologist with great enthusiasm. My experiences have been nothing short of rewarding, both educationally and personal relationships. The small staff of experienced, trained and exceptional individuals cater to each patients needs from those undergoing cardiac rehabilitation, those suffering from pulmonary limitations, diabetics, obese/weight management and those just attempting to better their overall general fitness through exercise. A typical day at the Rehab and Wellness Center begins early. Most often patients arrive before staff and wait eagerly by the door in anticipation to begin thier work outs. Patients, with ages ranging from 20-98, take part in one of morning classes of toning, balance or ball classes, each targeted to improve individuals activities of daily living. As an Exercise Physiologist duties include; catering exercise regimens to patient needs, personal one-on-one training, instructing small fitness classes, monitoring patients vitals pre/post and throughout exercise sessions, manage medical records, and monitoring/identifying patients EKGs through 4-lead telemetry. My experiences at the hospital have taught me the values, tasks and hard work required to run a successful and enjoyable cardiopulmonary rehabilitation center. Working with talented staff and under a demanding yet wonderful  more... management (flexible, patient, caring for both patients and staff), have been truly great. The most difficult yet most rewarding aspect of the job would have to be to get patients to begin regimens and/or diet changes. As new patients enroll in the program, many have multiple limitations, limited experiences with physical activity and/or are taking numerous medications. To motivate patients to begin a program, to continue and be consistent with the workouts/diet changes, and/or make some alterations in their daily lives can be tough. As some patients may not be 100% into changing their ways or diet, its important and my job to help them recognize the importance and benefits of making even the smallest changes. As they make these changes, and begin to see success, their enthusiasm most often changes and no longer looked as an impossible task. Seeing someone not only change physically, and see improvements in their general health, but also see the emotional and mental improvements encourages me to continue my job. Its difficult to encourage someone who has no interest in working out, changing dietary habits or smoking habits to continue, however once improvements are recognized and I see attitudes change, I truly enjoy my experience at the facility. The opportunities presented at the South County Hospital Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Wellness facility has been rewarding, enjoyable and an experience of clinical patient care like no other.  less
Pros
great staff and managements, salary, enjoyable and enthusiastic patients, hours, numerous opportunities for involvement in various aspects of facility
Cons
short breaks, small facility
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse, Float (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 17, 2013
Management treats you with respect, fair wages, great nursing staff! Pleasure to work for!
South County Hospital
Goffer (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, R.I.August 16, 2012
Love working there. Great coworkers. Pay scale is the same as it was in the 1980's. Horrible pay, horrible benefits. Management is way out of touch with the great people who care and make the operations of hospital happen. Extreme amount of waste. Money is literally thrown right in the dumpster. Millions worth I have personally witnessed. Instead of issues being handled correctly, product is just tossed into dumpster. It really is unbelievable. SCH is a three ring circus. That I care not to be part of. Hopefully things will change for them. It really is a nice hospital. With great employees. But the way the employees are treated and the disgusting wages they are payed, it is a disaster waiting to happen. Alot of incompetence in management!
Pros
great hard working coworkers who care and have very strong work ethics.
Cons
extreme low wages, not even close to competitive, incompetent management, benefits are a joke, alot of waste.
excellent
sitterr (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 28, 2012
great place to work. employees have a positive attitude . great co workers, ability to work as a team
Pros
great attitudes
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South County Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2