South Dakota State University

South Dakota State University Employer Reviews

very good university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Brookings, SDOctober 27, 2014
SDSU is a very good University. And the professors are also very kindly.
obtaining knowledge, hard working ethics, decent benefit
Graduate research Assistant (Current Employee), Brookings, SDOctober 23, 2014
usually we spend 8 hours a day working on our research. At SDSU you learn a lot of important information which qualify you to become able to work in the industrial field immediately. The Civil Engineering department Head is so helpful and the management team is amazing. the hardest part of the is you spend a lot of time behind the computer trying to – more... analysis solve the problem. – less
Wonderful learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 15, 2014
Plethora of Bioprocessing researches is being carried out at the University and I am involved in a couple of projects dealing with biochemical conversion of pretreated biomass to ethanol and oil extraction from non-food crops.
Great place to work with the "midwestern" culture.
Lecturer (Current Employee), Brookings, SDJuly 23, 2014
South Dakota State University is a great place to work. It is a Div I school that has the feel of a much smaller environment. It is easy to get to know anyone, all the way up to the president.
Good benefits, but not pay
Facilities & Services Worker (Current Employee), Brookings, SDJuly 23, 2014
cleaning different buildings on campus, but I always like to be busy and being day-time facility worker I don't have the challenging and busy work. More of the office cleaning is at night. I like to be busy to make the day go by fast.
Excellent division one university
Student Services Coordinator & Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: big school small town
Cons: location
I learned a lot from out dynamic leadership team. The management was macro and the ability to actually connect with students was excellent. It is a dynamic university.
Dedicated research place on nano-structured materials and devices
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMay 31, 2014
Small but energetic and dedicated group working on a single platform to solve complex problems on cutting edge research on nano-materials and devices. The group works in close collaboration with academia and industry to develop low cost techniques that can immediately be commercialized. The nano-materials and device research laboratory have state-of – more... -the-art microelectronic materials and device fabrication and characterization equipment at class-1000 clean room facility. – less
Research and Scholarly work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Brookings, SDMay 15, 2014
Nice place to work and complete Ph.D. great people to work and support career.
University that is well known for their nursing program
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 31, 2014
-A typical day would include arriving at the unit early to find the most complicated patients that the students would learn the most from. I also familiarized myself with these patients and made myself a copy of their schedules so I could try to be with each student at vital learning opportune times. I would then pair the students with the floor nurse – more... for the day and float between students throughout the clinical shift. We would then end the shift with a group debriefing to discuss what was learned during the day and a time to ask additional questions.
-I learned that different people learn things in different ways and that it is important to adjust my teaching method to provide the best education to that individual.
-I did not work closely with management, however the instructor that I reported to was very helpful and easy to approach with questions.
-The hardest part of the job was managing my time during the clinical shift with each student.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students make correlations with their text book learning to the clinical situation. – less
Great school
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 27, 2014
Loved working for SDSU, great pay, decent people, but very intimidating management.
An excellent experience with great a great staff
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 14, 2014
I loved SDSU and all that it had to offer. I could not have asked for a better experience.
Fast Paced
Facility Worker (Former Employee), Brookings, SDFebruary 6, 2014
Good group here but college students are messy and don't show respect for their dorms so usually a big mess but sometimes they will appreciate your work and try to keep it cleaner.
Overall experience was great!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Brookings, SDDecember 21, 2013
My john experience at the South Dakota State University Wellness Center was great. I met a lot of great co-workers who influenced my life in a positive way. Overall, great experience.
Fun work environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 24, 2013
A great university. Easy to get along with coworkers. I worked in a lab and set own pace and just get the job done. Enjoyable work experience
University environment
Instructor of Spanish & Global Studies (Former Employee), Brookings, SDJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: lead study abroad groups!
In my short tenure at SDSU, I worked with some fantastic colleagues who helped me to become a solid instructor.
Great Place to work with great pay
Photovoltaic Research Assistant (Current Employee), SDSUNovember 20, 2012
- Create Organic photovoltaics using various polymers
- Clean substrates using sonic waves
- Work with Graduate students to complete projects
Good student fellowship program
Programmer - Office of Information Technology (Former Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 28, 2012
SDSU IT department hires student as a programmer. That was my first job as a programmer beside learning how to program in .NET I get the experience how to work in the office and to be a team player.