South Dakota State University Employee Reviews

City and job
Athletics (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 9, 2017
SDSU's staff members were unprofessional and non-supportive. Tough city to live in because its so small and there aren't many activities for young professionals.
Productive and fun place
Instructor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 7, 2017
A great place to work with many opportunities to develop and grow. It also has great people.I worked on research and also taught which was fun to do...
Helpful coworker
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 15, 2017
Coworkers are willing to help with any problems I encountered. They also have great communications skill and very professional. I would recommend SDSU to anyone.
Payed for room and meal plan
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 12, 2017
Being a CA is not that bad and I would recommend everyone try it. You get to meet lots of people and its not that hard of a job. You get out what you put into it.
Life Drawing Classes are a Blast
Model (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 8, 2017
I've worked extensively as a model, and working with the arts department as SDSu has been an absolute joy. I have loved every minute of my time with the professors and artists.
Dean (now gone) pressured people to make self look good.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 2, 2017
Although our department offered a business-related degree, I was the only one in the department with a business background. Department and next level administration did not have business backgrounds or experience.
Pros
Nice location and environment.
Cons
Teach too many courses that don't repeat semester to semester.
Dope
Football Camps Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 22, 2017
I played football there I never worked there. I did a part time gig in the summer for the football camps they hold there and that was pretty chill. Otherwise.. ya
Pros
football is tight
Cons
No free time, you are a slave to them
Graduate Scool
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 18, 2017
The South Dakota State University graduate program in animal science is an affordable and applied education. It is appropriately focused towards placing their graduates in a career within their field of study.
Convenient
Supervisor & Referree (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 8, 2017
Working at school is very convenient, hours are all at night (5-11), sometimes the schedules get messed up and we are running around with our heads cut off trying to find officials for Intramural games.
SDSU Geospatial Science and Engineering GSE
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 4, 2017
SDSU is extremely slow, too restrictive and requires you to work with out any benefits and does not offer its students any financially support or with needed resources. They only offer NASA fellowships, but you have to sign over your intellectual rights. Plus there is no scholarships and does not work with any other funding type if not supported by NASA. Plus there is next to nothing to do in the provincial town of Brookings, SD and the GSE faculty are not friendly and are crazy and they advertises its affiliation with EROS faculty but you don't get to do anything with them and the all the data they collect barely gets used!

Like people say the weather is horrible and not inhabitable and the closest hospital is an hour away by car.
Flexible hours
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDApril 12, 2017
A good place to work as a Graduate Research Assistant. A lot of opportunities to grow and learn. Testing laboratories are well equipped and professors are very experienced
Pros
Nice faculty
Cons
limited resources
Very cordial and nice environment to study
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDApril 3, 2017
Most economical and well-cultured institution
Professors are extremely nice, and they are always ready to help someone grow. The research and research facilities are very interesting. Modern facilities avaialbale
Great
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work. People are awesome and friendly. i was in athletic department and everyone was super friendly and welcoming. AD was awesome as well.
Efficient and Productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDMarch 14, 2017
Everyday was welcoming and enjoyable. I had the opportunity to learn new things and make a difference.

I developed skills such as interpersonal skills, great communication skills, problem-solving and multitasking.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDMarch 9, 2017
It is a good university. The professor are friendly and ready to help. I think as it is found in a rural area of South Dakota state the university has good facilities.
Technical and fun workplace
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDMarch 8, 2017
Good staff members. Very friendly environment for learning. Helpful people are around to get outstanding knowledge in the field of work. Great place for learning and implementation.
Great work environment
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 20, 2017
South Dakota State University provided and fun and safe work environment with a diverse population of employees. They accommodated all majors and all levels of experience.
Good experience
Community assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 11, 2017
Good experience with the position. This was an on-campus job. Therefore, there was no demanding task, and no CEO, only the supervisor. Supervisors and co-workers, who are also students are very helpful and friendly.
Truly a learning experience
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 3, 2017
I spent over 60 hours a week at the preschool, it was required in order to graduate so there weren't any benefits unless you consider the educational benefits and the insights I gained... which I definitely did.
Attractive place for growth
Qualitative and Quantitative Researcher (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDDecember 30, 2016
.Attractive place for growth. A good environment for professionalism and a great culture of work ethic.