South Dakota State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great co-workers
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 10, 2016
Best part of working here are my co-workers. Management is supportive. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction I have with the students.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
pay could be better
Easy tasks and fun type of work helping students
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 19, 2016
My role was teaching undergraduate students in programming languages, mainly C++ and for some students C#. This was teaching the lab section for the main course.
Worked as a student employee doing research for a professor.
Student Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 21, 2016
I really enjoyed researching and improving projects. It was flexible job and I learned how to work on my project while being able to communicate with people from different backgrounds. The research I worked on was something I was not familiar with but through hard work and communication with my professor I accomplished my task.
Fun
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDApril 28, 2016
As a teaching assistant, I was well taken care of by the department. Because of good interaction between members of the department, I was allowed a research position after 3 semesters.
Great people and environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDApril 20, 2016
Amazing people and fun-supportive environment to work. As a graduate student I had learned a lot and well equipped with the new technologies used in my field as the curriculum is always kept up to the mark in this University.
Great growth potential
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 9, 2016
SDSU is a wonderful employer to work for. There is an established managerial structure that allows for career growth and development.
Pros
Great benefits, strong management efforts
Cons
Pay for your own parking
Productive and Highly motivational
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJanuary 20, 2016
Turbo Energy Limited is the largest leading Turbochager assembly manufacturer in India and among the top exporter of Turbocharger components to the world.

Cool, I believe this place has offered me a lot of potential for me. As a fresh graduate the role as an Application Engineer was pretty much exciting.

As application engineer I got to lean the modelling skill for product release to packaging, turbo-matching, manufacturing, Gas stand testing, cross-functional team management, documentation (ISMS Certified standard).

I would sum up this opportunity as an perfect platform for a great career to grow
Excellent opportunity to enhance my skills
teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDNovember 23, 2015
My responsibilities include giving instructions to under-grad students how to perform their experiments and grade lab reports.
Excellent Research environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDNovember 4, 2015
I like the quality of education and research environment SDSU provides. The school has highly knowledgable professors who are committed toward student's personal and professional development. The R&D pilot plant has the newest and most unique technologies which make research projects very interesting.
Hard work had to be fast.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDSeptember 27, 2015
You needed to be very fast on this job,as you had 8 hours to clean the entire building including the bathrooms and the staris on both fire exits. and the basement.

Want to know more about South Dakota State University?

Ask a question
Chaotic and unplesant
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 9, 2015
In the past years I worked in this school, the school has constantly changed the direction and leadership. The tenure and promotion rules are written in a way that allows the adminstrators to easily manipulate. Extremely long working hours with no/low rewards.
One of the best places to work as a student
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 12, 2015
I tutored students on a variety of topics from college algebra to calculus II and introductory statistics at the Math Help Center
I worked on communicating ways to improve tutoring among other tutors, and managed and coordinate groups (of students). This was quite rewarding and taught me leadership skills.
Work on Water/wastewater treatment plant
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 2, 2015
Responsible to follow the guideline of Department of Environment. And also satisfy the company to construct Wastewater treatment plant.
Productive, Dynamic with great current research projects
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDDecember 9, 2014
Productive, Dynamic with great current research projects
Pros
afordable city, supportive staff and faculty
Cons
weather
very good university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDOctober 27, 2014
SDSU is a very good University. And the professors are also very kindly.
obtaining knowledge, hard working ethics, decent benefit
Graduate research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDOctober 23, 2014
usually we spend 8 hours a day working on our research. At SDSU you learn a lot of important information which qualify you to become able to work in the industrial field immediately. The Civil Engineering department Head is so helpful and the management team is amazing. the hardest part of the is you spend a lot of time behind the computer trying to analysis solve the problem.
Wonderful learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDSeptember 15, 2014
Plethora of Bioprocessing researches is being carried out at the University and I am involved in a couple of projects dealing with biochemical conversion of pretreated biomass to ethanol and oil extraction from non-food crops.
Great place to work with the "midwestern" culture.
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 23, 2014
South Dakota State University is a great place to work. It is a Div I school that has the feel of a much smaller environment. It is easy to get to know anyone, all the way up to the president.
Good benefits, but not pay
Facilities & Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 23, 2014
cleaning different buildings on campus, but I always like to be busy and being day-time facility worker I don't have the challenging and busy work. More of the office cleaning is at night. I like to be busy to make the day go by fast.
Excellent division one university
Student Services Coordinator & Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot from out dynamic leadership team. The management was macro and the ability to actually connect with students was excellent. It is a dynamic university.
Pros
big school small town
Cons
location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Dakota State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3