South Dakota Wheat Growers Employee Reviews

Best if you can work in the main office
GRAIN BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 31, 2017
Location employees are the last to be rewarded. Working for the farmers is a thing of the past. When you do, be prepared for backlash. I will say I learned a lot.
Excellent benefits, job opportunities within the company.
Inventory Accounting / Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDSeptember 19, 2016
Daily: Reviewed invoices for accuracy. Verified purchase orders, matched invoices. Worked with managers and bookkeepers in 40 owned elevators. Verified purchases of chemicals, seed, feed and fuel. Ran inventory reports. Maintained intercompany purchases, transfers. Entered expenses into Agris system. Paid invoices as necessary. Working in the accounting department at SDWG was a very busy and demanding office but very rewarding. The busiest time began in April through July when field work began.

I learned the software Agris system and scanned invoices into File Director. I enjoyed working with the bookkeepers at the different elevators. Each job in our department was independent of our co-workers yet a vital part of each. The hardest part in the summer was getting all the work done on a daily basis. SDWG is a great place to work with good benefits and good people.
Pros
Great benefits, Admin office was new construction and very nice environment to work in
Cons
It was a large company so it was difficult to get to know people from other location elevators
Solid place to work - SD grows on you quickly - people are great.
V P Safety, Environmental, and Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDAugust 11, 2016
Relo to SD was smooth - housing is expensive but NO STATE income tax. Moving to this area was a concern but it was quickly apparent that the people and area a outstanding. The pheasant and other hunting (if you like the outdoors type activities) are GREAT.
Pros
Solid commitment to mission and open communications / cooperation
Cons
financial results can be deeply impacted by commodity pricing -
Good safety conscious record.
Stick welding and Grain elevator operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDApril 12, 2016
I have worked for this company for the past 6 seasons, and they are always looking for ways to update their safety record, which creates a safe working enviroment.
Pros
Looks after their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Dakota Wheat Growers. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6