South End Buttery Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It's okay I guess
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2017
I want to start off by saying that my manager was the best part about working here and she no longer works here.

In essence, it was a slow paced job that had the occasional guest come in (maybe three or four an hour, sometimes more during rushes but not many more, rarely did I have more than two guests in the shop at once). A lot of my time was spent cleaning and generally trying to keep busy, adjusting displays and making the place look neat and professional.

The management is just ok. Things are run on a relatively tight budget, and understaffing is the norm.
Pros
Getting to bother the bakers, stealing disfigured cupcakes
Cons
Rude guests, managers giving you menial tasks if you don't look busy enough
Productive. Excellent kitchen staff. Good front of the house staff
Assistant Server (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2016
South end Buttery is a good place to work. Job security is present. Professionalism from staff. happy well warm greeting at all times. Presentation of food in all areas is noticed at sight. Compliments known to be regular.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Staff turn over
fun place to work, learned to make lattes
barista by serving made-to-order coffee beverages (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2015
I am good at making latte drinks, I work at a fast pace. I am a fast learner and always up to learn new things. my co-workers are nice, I get along with everyone. there is not that's really hard about this job. my most enjoyable part of my job is being on that expresso machine
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South End Buttery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3