South Georgia Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved my job
Laboratory Support Technician (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Performed specimen processing with ease and accuracy
Loved talking to people who needed help and so glad I was able to help them. Spent the day processing specimens and getting them ready to send out to other laboratories. I received results for test and input into the computer. I also relayed stat results to doctors offices and nurses.
Fast Pace Enviroment
Patient Access Service Rep (Current Employee), valdosta gaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: its fast pass and constantly busy
Cons: very repetative
Typical Day starts at 7:00 am I come and prepare my work for the day ahead, we see scheduled patients and walk ins. my first patient normally arrives at 7:20 i verify personal info and patient data I also verify insurance coverage and collect any cost estimates. I typically see 40 patients a day our Imaging Department sees total 200+ patients.
rewarding work enviroment
senior staff nurse (Current Employee), cardiac cath lab prep and recoveryJune 4, 2015
Pros: provide education to staff
Cons: monetary gain to employees
I provide a thorough physical assessment. start IV's, patient assessment, review labs, review home medications . Patient education about procedure. Closely monitor patient when they return from procedure. Provide discharge education to patient and families. I have excellent communication skill with physicians, patients, and co-workers. I have nineteen years experience as a registered nurse.
A job
Pre Service Clerk (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 31, 2015
Pros: A job
Cons: Don't count on commendation
When I first started working here it was great, but now impossible workloads have been placed on employees without the people needed to meet deadlines. More reprimanding than commendation.
OK
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 5, 2015
Ok organization, the work was daily and routine nothing changed. Chances for advancing is minimal. Pay could be higher.
My favorite Job
Emergency Room Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: coworkers/doctors/environment
Cons: high stress at times
This was probably my favorite place that I have worked at. The worked, my teammates, everything was awesome. A typical day at work would be coming in, getting assignment and then checking to see what tasks needed to be done at that particular moment. I learned how to draw blood, how to do ekg's, how to think critically and how to manage time. Management was awesome, always willing to help as well as my co workers. The hardest part about my job was the high stress levels at time and the most enjoyable I would have to say would be the people that I worked with.
Relaxing job.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: always had jobs to go to
Cons: not enough pay
Very flexible and relaxing work environment. Enjoyed working with the Company I just wanted to broaden my skills.
Overall the company is a good Hospital.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 29, 2014
I was working with a lot of great people. I enjoy the experience working with the people in the kitchen. What i learn working with them in the kitchen is keep your hands wash, make sure your area is clean, and make sure you prepare the food right. I was a school program when i was working on this job.
RIS/PACS Project Manager/System Administrator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 19, 2014
Working at SGMC was a wonderful environment. Employees at this location had the freedom to do their assigned applications with little or no interference. The co-workers were fun to work with and they were very competent. It was a very enjoyable job and had no real problems that no other person working with different personalities. I would recommend anyone interested in working there to apply. The leadership is great in the IT Department.
Great
Housekeeper III (Current Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 10, 2014
Great Place to work, great caring people, clean facility, every demonstrates excellent teamwork and customer service is outstanding
It was fulfilling learning how to research records to help others
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: communicating with others
Cons: low pay
I supervised new employees and checked patients in and out. I learned how to multi-task.
Horror House
Nursing Support (Former Employee), LakelandNovember 15, 2014
This company was the worst place I have ever worked in my life. Management lack skills on their own policies and procedures. To busy purchasing new facilities to even care about quality of care. SGMC Lakeland this facility was stuck in the dark ages it reminded me of an episode of "The Beverly Hillbilly sitcom" a typical day at work was nothing but confusion and no support amongst staff. The Hardest part of the job was the cultural setting the workers were complacent and lack skills. No regard for respect or dignity to its patients. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company they don't care about workers. Lowest wages in this region. They practice discrimination tactics on a daily!
Fun work place with fun co-workers.
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAOctober 31, 2014
The co-workers were easy to get along with and were always helpful. They provided great encouragement and my confidence was boosted.
Busy Floor
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: making patients happy
Cons: short break, sometimes no break
-Taking care of patients could be up to 17 at one time
-Learn to do your job independently
-Some job titles were not recognized for their hard work as if they were not as important as others
-Hardest part-getting current manager to address certain issues with certain people; previous manager was great!
-Enjoyable part-making the patients happy and their families; the patients and their families telling you they appreciate you
PCT 3 MSICU
Patient Care Tech III/MSICU (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficult patients
Get report from my nurses, greet my patients, help with family members in their time of change, etc.
Great work environment, friendly employees, insufficient compensation
❸ Healthcare Application Training Specialist (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: self pace, teamwork, and good work/life time management
Cons: less than average compensation, low employee moral, not recognized for accomplishments
I enjoy training licensed and ancillary staff on a variety of healthcare applications in the hospital inpatient and outpatient setting. I have gained valuable and applicable experience in several electronic health record (EHR) applications such as: McKesson Horizon Expert Orders, Expert documentation, AdminRx, Relay Health, Athena Health EMR, and many more. I participate as part of the implementation team for all EHR project phases: class scheduling, integrated testing, training/education, and go-live support. I work with a great team and staff in the Information Services department, and have established great working relationships and networks in the organization.
Grat emergency room staff.
Staff /charge Nurse in the ED (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 6, 2014
I worked here right after graduation and learned many nursing skills in the emergency room. Assisted with many codes, multiple traumas and medical issues who presented to the emergency room.
Rewarding Experience
EMT/Paramedic (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 2, 2014
SGMC is a wonderful place to work for. My co-workers are the best!
Family Oriented
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 29, 2014
Very nice place and atmosphere to work with and for, everyone is friendly and makes you feel like not only that you belong with the company but also recognize you when you do a good job and brings your flaws to your attention as well which is a good thing due to the fact that it gives you a chance to improve in the areas you lack in
A great place to work with a family atmosphere.
REGISTRATION CLERK/CLERICAL SUPPORT TECH (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 24, 2014
A typical workday was checking in almost 50 patients a day. I learned how to file paperwork in medical charts, pre-register patients, make appointments, print prescription lists, and scan documents into the database. My co-workers were wonderful to work with. The hardest part of my job was making appointments when there was no more appointments left.