South Georgia Medical Center Employee Reviews

was too long ago. dont remember
Pediatric Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working there, but I don't remember details since I was right out of nursing school in 1981. I do remember I learned a lot and it was a great hospital
typical work day
Medical Secretary/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 12, 2017
This is a fast paced work day, lots of attention to detail, multiple computer program operation,extremely knowledge based,busy phone line activity, friendly customer service inbound,out bound and in house.
Pros
I enjoy interacting with others, and i love a challange
Cons
not alwaysa place a place to grow
Sgmc
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 10, 2017
Great place to work, but located in a small town. Opportunity for promotion and transfers to other areas in the organization. Helpful leadership who push you to the best of your abilities & help maximize your potential.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
long walk from parking
Great place to work! Wonderful boss and coworkers.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 7, 2017
Fast-paced environment with manageable stress related to production quotas. The hardest part of the job was difficult dictators and being on call around-the clock on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was ability to work at home. Coworkers generously give of their time and work together to solve work-related issues.
Pros
Work at home. Incentive pay.
Cons
Sitting for 8+ hours.
My typical day at work
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 5, 2017
My day ususally consist of collecting the required specimens from patients, and then transporting them to the lab or taking the specimen to the lab then receiving it via by hand or putting the specimen on the central processing machine. The Hospital has recently aquired new data entry soft ware system that everyone is currently learning how to navigate. In my opinion the management system isn't fair and often show favoritism or basis depending on the employee, if your liked or your a particular favorite employee your shown preference or presisdence. but, if not the it seams your treated differently you have a harder workload. The hardest part of my day is dealing with the inconsistencies with the management process. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the co-workers on my shift. I am a hard worker and it is enjoyable to work with others who are also hard workers themselves.
Pros
Extra miles awards/ free lunches
Cons
pay/ no room for advancement
Quality Check/Index Technician (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 28, 2017
A typical work day would be a normal day. The work load was up and down some days. A very quiet office setting with great team players to work with. I've learned a lot with the company and I would recommend the opportunity for a job placement anytime. The opposition is the high turn over rate within the department. Enjoyable moments are the hands on experiences and training.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
yearly raises
level 2 ED
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 25, 2017
Loved working here! The staff and management were amazing! Very good with teaching and helping when needed! Great patient care! The only reason I left was because we moved out of state.
Nice work place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 23, 2017
The workplace is very clean I love working there. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement at SGMC. I like that the schedules are flexible and they work with your school schedule if you are a student.
Pros
There are a lot of employee discounts
Cons
short breaks sometimes and short staff sometimes
Productive and good team work among nurses
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day at SGMC was work hard to help patients with their needs. I enjoyed working with the 4 medical team to provide patients with good quality care. Good communication skills and listening is what you learn working in the medical field. Management gives you opportunities to voice your issues and concerns on the job. Workplace culture provides opportunities to learn about different diversities on the job. The hardest part of the job is some of the patients family members can be rude. My job is to listen to there concerns and use good communication skills to help solve their problems.The problem can be something simple as getting ice for another CNA patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is being appreciated by your co-workers, management, and others.
Typical day at work.
CSR (Insurance Collector) (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty much what you make of it. The job itself is a great job and it's so much to learn but you have to pretty much teach yourself, with a new transition starting it's hard to train and management is rarely available, but for the most part I do like the job, and will recommend it to friends and family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
must be able to self manage
Great Place to work!
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 23, 2017
I loved my job at SGMC! The staff was wonderful. The only reason I left was because I passed my boards in the State of Florida, and could make more money in Florida.
Pros
Cons
Dont remember any
Improving
EPIC, Surgical Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GA 31602September 17, 2017
A typical day at SGMC for me is to arrive to work, check and answer emails, check daily calendar, attend meetings if applicable, if no meetings then I respond to the others who may have requested various items from me.
No real future
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 4, 2017
They do not pay a standard wage to well trained employees. Upper management is more about themselves instead of taking care of any of the staff members, from the doctors to housekeeping.
Nice place to work
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Productive and enjoyable place to work for the most part. The hospital was up to date technology wise and the position provided a good learning environment.
Good
Licensed Practical Nurse Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2017
Work your butt off everyday. Management is not that great. Never knew where you would work or who you would work with. Workplace culture was ok. Some coworkers were the most enjoyable part of my day and patients!
learning experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 7, 2017
a typical day in the department was answer phones. schedule tests and procedures. the hardest part of the job, when we were short staff and had to answer all the phones and schedule all the tests
Pros
inservice
Cons
lunch
Supervisor
Release of Information Tech (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 27, 2017
Management continued to watch employees come and go in department knowing that the problem was the supervisor. Pay scale was low, other benefits good.
Fair place to work
Staff Nurse, LPN - Medical-Surgical (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 3, 2017
This is my first nursing job. I've learned a lot and the teamwork is wonderful on my unit. However, the nurse to patient ratios and demands are almost impossible and not safe at all.
Cons
Nurse to patient ratio
Sgmc
CFO Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pelham, GAMay 22, 2017
office job from 830-530
professionalism, marketing were learning skills taken away
fun and inviting environment
management was understanding, caring and quick to help make my job easier
Pros
management, environment
Cons
n/a
Loved my job, once I found my place
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 16, 2017
I started off on a medical floor and quickly found that it wasn't for me - I preferred a more specialized unit. Once I found the unit I knew was for me, I felt at home. I loved my coworkers and my manager like they were my family. Whenever you needed help, there was always someone around to lend a hand. A typical day can go from 1 patient and a very relaxed day, to 9 patients being admitted and VERY fast paced. Attention to detail is critical. I would definitely go back to South Georgia Medical center and would recommend to others. One thing I don't recommend is their health insurance. It's very limited on what doctors you can use and where you can be seen.
Pros
Good coworkers, paid overtime, Pto
Cons
Bad health insurance, usually have to stay when your shift is over