SOUTH HAVEN HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Very good environment to work in
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIOctober 26, 2016
Was a traveling Respiratory Therpist there , the coworkers were very friendly right away, made me part of their hospital ,. They worked with epic charting system , they are very helpful in teaching the system, yes it is small, but can get busy very quickly. Every place is what you want it to be yes small town, but a lot to do and everything else is close, very good place to work. Have no problems with management they were great for me
Pros
Small, you can do more hands on than in a bigger area.
Cons
They ship a lot of patient
Operating Room
Worked in surgery (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIAugust 17, 2016
Surgeons are aggressive and not easy to work with. Many staff changes. They do not communicate well; however, they have been doing management overhaul. But no one will stand up to the surgeons when they say get rid of staff, they will adjust the schedule or not have staff work to appease the surgeons.
Pros
Staff appreciation coupons
Cons
Rude surgeons
Patient Care Tech/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 2, 2016
Great place to work. However pay is not very competitive. Small hospital that was still working with paper charts rather than electronic.
A great place to work!
ER Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MISeptember 5, 2015
I been at South Haven Health System for almost 3 years, it's a great place to work for but since now i live in Kalamazoo i would like to find something closer to home.
A productive and interesting enviroment to work in.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MISeptember 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. I was a volunteer in a home health care office and made copies of documents, folders for new clients and various tasks assigned to me by my supervisor. It was a professionally friendly work environment and I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Very enjoyable place to work
Director - Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIDecember 21, 2013
Supervised business office operations:
Registration, billing, collections, payment applications and served on many hospital work groups including revenue cycle committees, charging committees, search committee for new financial system, insurance yearly assessment committee, and strategic work groups.
The co-workers were great.
Month end preparation and reporting was the most difficult part of the job.
The most enjoyable were special team projects.
The department that I work in is a close knit group more like family than coworkers, with high standards of patient care and commitment to quality car
Certified Lymphedema Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MIOctober 13, 2013
The stress of the implementation of EMR has had its effect on our staff. However, I feel that our facility is small enough to still know our patients intimately and large enough to employ quality practitioners.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Slow advancement and/or pay advancement
Overall good place to work and would return if asked
STAFF RADIOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIApril 9, 2013
I enjoyed working at south haven, I worked night and it was up and down most of time the work I had to do didn't keep me busy, I learned to do ct's, the upper management was friendly, but there was some conflict.
My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was finding things to do during slow times.
Most enjoyable part was helping people, and providing tools (xrays) to help them get the proper treatment.
Pros
good benifits, fair wages for this area
Cons
long drive, no praise from supervisor for jobs well done
Small hospital, huge personal experience
Certified Coder (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 4, 2012
This hospital is a great and wonderful place to work for. The people here are very personable. The management team is the most approachable management team I've worked with.
Pros
benefits are great, co-workers are fun
Cons
i live 45 minutes away, that's it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTH HAVEN HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2