South Jersey Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

I loved that i was able to move up from within the organization
Financial Counselor (Bilingual Representative) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJSeptember 23, 2015
As a financial counselor, I was able to assist patients in applying for assistance through a state funded program to assist w their medical bills. I learned that not everyone who needs assistance, is in the poverty or indigent level or lifestyle, there are certain circumstances that can really burden a person and fail to keep up w their medical bills. My co workers worked well together. Truly the hardest part of my job, was having to re locate and leave. Although, at times I did receive a handful of irate patients, and the face to face interviews sometimes became violent , and there was a genuine fear, and the Security dept at the time I was working there, was too far from our area, rarely responded to a Code in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be an advocate for oncology patients, and help ease their concerns about billing, alongside w the case managers.
Hard to deal w the loss of a patients life after working w them, and then later finding out they had expired.
Pros
great rapport w the other depts
Cons
sometime being too helpful, i wld be followed by patients even on my lunch break
producted fun work place
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 11, 2015
Talked to the elderly to make them feel comfortable
Always showed a smile to make them happy.
Help them dressing up.
The management were very nice, they were always willing to help.
Pros
you get inspire to help more
Cons
sometimes I Couldn't stay the whole day with them
Terrible Management!
Testing / OR Tech & Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 2, 2014
Through Surgical Services the management was horrible, at least it was 4 years ago. They are now INSPIRA!
I had an opportunity to work with patients on a daily basis
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJune 12, 2013
Overall, it was a good place to work. I developed my data analysis skills as well as communication skills.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with management. Everything did not go as planned, and management was not-so-good with dealing with issues.
Pros
meetings, lunch, working with patients
Cons
short breaks, management
Registered Nurse- Surgical Acute (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJMarch 27, 2013
I enjoy working here, the employees are nice, they make eye contact and say hello. They care about their patients.
values case management and social work staff, compensates very well for level of knowledge and experience
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJMarch 11, 2013
the hardest part of my day is distance of travel from and to where i live and where i am moving to which is margate new jersey. the most enjoyable part of my job is working with inpatients of the hospital. especially family meetings and helping those understand the complexities of the financial system. i like the fact that inpatient work is mutidisciplinary and you still get the oppurtunity to learn from so many other professions.
Pros
vacation benefits, overttime, or extra work oppurtunity on weekends, possiblity for advancement.
Cons
distance from my place of residence, insurance
Horrible company
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 21, 2013
The pay is minimum wage a typical schedule of about 12 hours per week. Payday every 2 weeks. Managment is very poor also employees are always talking about there social life and creating chaos in the workplace.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay, hours, management, coworkers, non union
Very Productive
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJDecember 28, 2012
A typical work day consist of morning rounds. It's a fast moving environment. I learned to be a quick thinker while on my feet. The management is on point as far as making sure the staff understands their responsibilities to the company. The co-workers are team players for the most part and we cover each other to make the operation run smoothly. The hardest part of my job is seeing people die and having to face the families. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing mothers give birth.
Pros
having a relationship with our team leader
Cons
nothing is free
Productive and very good organization to work for.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 18, 2012
I have learned that working hard does pay off. Management and co-workers are always there to help you.
Pros
employees events and educational funding
Cons
salary max out scales
well i work 8 hour shifts folding cloths every 2 hrs we get 2 15s n a meal 30 not the best work place but its good pay and they have central air
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJAugust 20, 2012
In general the job is great co workers bosses all very friendly everyone is will teach and help each other out
Pros
good pay
Cons
on your feet 7 hours a day near hot machinery
Learning Experience
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJFebruary 23, 2012
My position was very productive in learning the aspects of accounting in a healthcare field while attending college. I experienced hands entering journal entries, maintaining income statement reports, working in account payables for a short period of time until promoted to Financial Assistant.

South Jersey Healthcare Reviews by Location