South Jersey Industries Employee Reviews

great experience
Senior Market Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJJune 30, 2016
I worked here for 5 years in two different positions. Lots of opportunity to move internally to try something new. My overall experience here was positive.
Stable Company
former employee (Current Employee) –  Folsom, NJDecember 7, 2012
Utility industry is a stable industry with good benefits. Many good people throughout company. To meet quota goals for a more diverse senior management team, the last few years company has brought in some that many feel are arrogant and and contribute to a diminishing corporate culture.
Pros
good benefits and financially stable
Cons
some extremely poor managers
Great experience
General Manager, Legal Compliance (Current Employee) –  Folsom, NJApril 6, 2015
SJI is a small "large" company that affords many opportunities for getting experience across many functions. Access to executives
Pros
access to executives
Cons
not located in urban area
IT is in need of a strong director, currently dysfunctional
IT Application Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJJuly 22, 2014
When I was hired 3 years ago there was a 5 year strategic plan with direction and management support. Team building was expected and everyone worked hard and loved their jobs. We had an open door policy and everyone felt confident with the direction of IT.
October of 2013 our Director along with our PMO were fired(long story), 3 months after that our executive VP over IT was fired as well leaving the IT managers, Network Support/Application Support, me being one of the two to keep the projects moving and support the company needs without fail. Which we were told were exceeding expectations. When the new director was hired, she came in with a plan to reorganize and after 3 months eliminated my position IT Application Support Manager.

Needless to say it will take some time for the team to adjust.
Pros
Converting from mainframe to Oracle CC&B, Maximo, Endur, Safari new development
Cons
Lack of direction, poor management.
Great Internship
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJSeptember 11, 2012
A great organization that is growing and is a very big in south jersey. They have wonderful people who are willing to teach from within than hire from the outside.

South Jersey Industries Reviews by Location