South Jersey Industries Employee Reviews

Just run
Dispatch and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 22, 2017
An absolute horrid company to work for. The only positive was the money. Coworkers were horrible they would try to belittle you every chance they could get. Management would overload you with work till you snapped. Management would stab you in the back every chance they could get. Just run away.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad management, bad coworkers, no break room, horrible coffee, overloading of work.
i have been working at Jersey industries full-timeĀ (Less than a year)
Sr.Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJFebruary 28, 2017
Good working environment and culture, business practice, employee friendly, Have not experienced or foresee any disadvantages,The company culture is great! Many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements
Pros
Very fun and exciting job.
Cons
Learned how to be independent and do my own research about companies.
well run
Energy Analyst (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 11, 2017
well run company with highly intelligent upper management. Company has a strong grasp on end goals and set a clear path for a way to go about achieving them. treats staff with the utmost respect.
Appliance Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJSeptember 21, 2016
I worked for the company for almost 2 years, within that time the company was great. I could call a manager at any point in my day and get a question answered or a problem resolved. The pay was great and health Benefits were awesome. The only reason I had left was because I received a job offer that offered a pension and annuity fund. If South Jeresy Industries ever implements a pension in the near future I would go back in a heart beat!
Pros
No micro management, great pay and benefits.
Cons
No Pension and no technical training.
Great experience
General Manager, Legal Compliance (Current Employee) –  Folsom, NJApril 6, 2015
SJI is a small "large" company that affords many opportunities for getting experience across many functions. Access to executives
Pros
access to executives
Cons
not located in urban area
IT is in need of a strong director, currently dysfunctional
IT Application Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJJuly 22, 2014
When I was hired 3 years ago there was a 5 year strategic plan with direction and management support. Team building was expected and everyone worked hard and loved their jobs. We had an open door policy and everyone felt confident with the direction of IT.
October of 2013 our Director along with our PMO were fired(long story), 3 months after that our executive VP over IT was fired as well leaving the IT managers, Network Support/Application Support, me being one of the two to keep the projects moving and support the company needs without fail. Which we were told were exceeding expectations. When the new director was hired, she came in with a plan to reorganize and after 3 months eliminated my position IT Application Support Manager.

Needless to say it will take some time for the team to adjust.
Pros
Converting from mainframe to Oracle CC&B, Maximo, Endur, Safari new development
Cons
Lack of direction, poor management.
Stable Company
former employee (Current Employee) –  Folsom, NJDecember 7, 2012
Utility industry is a stable industry with good benefits. Many good people throughout company. To meet quota goals for a more diverse senior management team, the last few years company has brought in some that many feel are arrogant and and contribute to a diminishing corporate culture.
Pros
good benefits and financially stable
Cons
some extremely poor managers
Great Internship
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJSeptember 11, 2012
A great organization that is growing and is a very big in south jersey. They have wonderful people who are willing to teach from within than hire from the outside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Jersey Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

South Jersey Industries Reviews by Location