South Lake Hospital Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Diagnostic Imaging (PRN) (Current Employee) –  South lake ,ClermontJuly 12, 2017
love the place but not the PRN philosophy , been working there close to 2 years with no positions opening for full time/ part time in that area, no benefits as PRN
Pros
good environment
Cons
no possitions opening
I wouldn't recommend working here
RN (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 8, 2017
I worked at South Lake Hospital for two years. It's a community hospital in a rapidly growing section of Clermont, which is literally next door to the greater Orlando area. Most days were extremely hectic on my unit. I was regularly taking care of more patients than was safely possible (compare the nurse-to-patient ratios at this hospital to those in California or to those proposed by National Nurses United at the Federal level with Senate bill 1063 and House bill 2392). When I would complain about having too many patients, or an unbalanced assignment, I would be told that I just needed to ask for help when I needed it. Well, that would be nice; but who was available to help? Most times my charge nurse had a patient of his/her own and was also swamped with administrative tasks. The nurses working in my unit were almost always swamped as well, and it wasn't for lack of trying to delegate or prioritize. The managers are out of touch because the administrators are out of touch with the daily realities of bedside nursing. Most of the processes are nurse-driven and whenever a change comes around it always results in more work for the already overworked nurses. Getting out late is an almost daily occurrence, and your manager will make sure to mark you down for this on your annual review despite the fact most units are working on a skeleton crew. The pay was abysmal considering the cost of living in the area. I was paying over half of my take home pay for an apartment. The only enjoyable part of your job will be interacting with your coworkers; but that's the same everywhere you go.  more... I still keep in touch with some of my coworkers and they tell me that not much has changed for the better since my departure. Most of them only stay because they have homes and families in the area. Management and Administration keep promising that they will revisit compensation; but they've been promising that for quite some time now with no tangible results yet.  less
Pros
Decent cafeteria, Ample free parking, Some nice coworkers
Cons
Out of touch managers and administrators, unsafe patient assignments, low pay, poor yet pricey benefits, no real opportunities for advancement, always short staffed
would not recommend
RN (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJune 26, 2017
in my time here I did not learn a lot. other employees kept to themselves and did their own work. not much cooperation if you needed help. work environment was very uncomfortable
Pros
clean and neat
Cons
unfriendly environment
great people
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJune 20, 2017
Not sure why I left, just got tired of working inside. wanted to do home health and they didn't have physical therapist assistants working in home health
Insurance Verification Specialist PRN (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMay 16, 2017
Culture of workplace is great. Fast paced and well organized. Staff is great. Great opportunities and a great place to grow within the company and expand your knowledge.
Great work place
ER Monitor Technician / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLMay 4, 2017
Awesome place to work and great place for growth. Management is great and the people are very nice. It's one of the top hospitals in the area. Patients really like our customer service.
It was fun being part of the larger community
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Fun place to grow and learn new things.
As with any health care setting it is very busy.
So glad it is right here in our community.
Pros
Expansion
Cons
tons of work..need more help
It's a great place to work and everyone has been very helpful.
PCU RN (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLOctober 30, 2016
I've worked for South Lake Hospital for more than 5 years and it's a great place to work and staffs are well trained. It is well equiped with new and sophisticated equipments. The hospital has one of the best doctors in Central Florida is also a family-friendly hospital that caters to Clermont residents and other neighboring cities.
Cons
Short breaks
Learned something new everyday and was exciting
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLOctober 27, 2016
I loved working in the hospital atmosphere. Always work to be done and something new to be learned. I loved my co-workers as if they were like family.
Great Hospital unless...
RN (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJune 22, 2016
It's a great place to work unless you are in Care Coordination as the department is lacking leadership that cares. Frequent schedule and job changes makes for a very unhappy team and HR doesn't support it's long term employees but instead a flunky supervisor
Pros
nice people, clean and nicely maintained facility
Cons
management in care coordination
South Lake Hospital
ER Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJune 2, 2016
It is a very good job. A typical day in my job consists of me going into the patients room and gathering the information to then update it later. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you can get stuck working by yourself and it can get a little overwhelming.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Great learning environment!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLNovember 8, 2015
Staff was very helpful, i was always learning something new. It helped me to be working in the hospital while being in school because i got to apply all of the information i was learning to the real world.
Organized and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Love working at South Lake. Everyone does their job and it makes it very easy on the nurses. Very supportive management and I love those I work with.
Management makes it hard to work their
Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary Lead (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLAugust 24, 2015
They cultivate a work place of tattle tailing and back stabbing. No advancement in the 8 years I worked there, despite my boss telling me how great I am at my job.
Prn
PRN Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLFebruary 20, 2015
The PRN position is nice. When I have free time I am able to help in the busy months for them (summer). My full time job slows down and I can pick up a lot of hours.
Friendly environment of health care professionals.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJanuary 26, 2015
South Lake Hospital is an outstanding institution that provides quality and efficient care across the health care continuum. It is affiliated to the National Training Center that offers training to national and international athletes.
Great Co-workers
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 26, 2014
Hardest part of my job is talling patients they have to pay up front for there surgies or canceling the surgery.
work with great co workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLOctober 9, 2014
I worked for SLH for Many years PRN; Part Time & eventually Full Time. I Made Many friends. Enjoyed Going to work. Took advantage of learning what I could. Retired. Management was always there for me answered all my questions & took time out to talk if needed. The Hardest Part Of the job was - That's a hard question to answer- maybe @ times a heavy patient load. The best was A patient improving & A Thank you Or Just the look on the Faces Of Patients, Family & Co workers made it all Great & proud to be a Nurse.
Pros
Ice Cream Socials- I used to love that & Christmas Get together
Cons
Breaks & Lunch was usually hard to get
Fun and productive place with great employees
Clinical Experience III (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Great location to work, variety of conditions, great co-workers
Pros
inexpensive lunch on site, free parking
Cons
varied scheduling, many rotating part-time employees in other departments
Hospital
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLAugust 1, 2014
Patients and Staff were very Friendly. I loved my job and the department that I was in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Lake Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

South Lake Hospital Reviews by Location