South Metro Human Services Employee Reviews

Eh
Mental Health Counselor for Residential Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time but they do not care about their employee's happiness. They don't try to keep employees but are getting new ones all the time. The clients are some of the most intense but are fun to work with.
Pros
Free food, laid back
Cons
burn out
Gift from GOD
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2017
I love caring and loving for people it up lift me to be able to help someone that needs it .I don't like to see anyone be mistreated but we life in a mistreated world
Abusive and Bullying
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 24, 2017
This environment is very racist, very power hungry. You have to go to the main office in St Paul if you are ever written up, like an errant child to the principal's office. At your own expense for parking, etc. Many of the AFC homes are run by white, young, case managers with no experience. If you are a stronger client advocate, you will be targeted by management, bullied by the upper management and eventually forced out of your job. NO raises ever.
Pros
Ok benefits, Xmas bonus
Cons
Bullying atmosphere, very racist upper management, NO raises EVER
Ethical and passionate work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 15, 2016
I appreciated my time working at South Metro Human Services. The office was fast paced and educational. My co-workers and I worked well together and I learned a lot at this company.
Recovery-focused, dedicated to best client-care
Mental Health Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 12, 2015
From entry-level, to manager status, each individual is seen as an integral part of the team and the greater mission. Benefits are strong and pay is competitive. A typical day on the job is enjoyable. The culture supports development and growth, so that is always on the peripheral. The organization is on the cutting edge of clinical work, employing several evidence based practices, including: Motivational Interviewing, Illness Management & Recovery, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy.

The organization serves a population group that often faces many psychosocial, and systemic challenges, including lack of resources, housing and healthcare. They support individuals through those barriers, to allow individuals to live a meaningful life. Recovery is seen as a fluid concept, defined by each individual which serves both client and clinician.
Pros
Flexible in all respects, the work is enjoyable
Cons
Challenging clinical work
The clients are the best part of this job
Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2015
The clients are the best part of this job. You get to know them and are able to see them develop. The company although not for profit is all about numbers and this can lead to long work hours and days. Lots of notes to put in and they are often done during non-work hours. The co-workers are good depending on where you work but management can be difficult to work with at times.
Pros
Flexability, paid milleage (you use your own vehicle)
Cons
Long work hours, High demand with mediocre pay, Lots of driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Metro Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8