South Middlesex Opportunity Council Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job experience
Therapist (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for SMOC. The work environment was most effective for self-motivators. My supervisor was extremely supportive and continues to act as a mentor for me.
A truly gratifying environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Framingham, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: every day is the best day you will have getting to work.
Cons: there is none.
The staff truly cares about the clients and their needs. They are cordial and sensitive. Their discreet nature makes the clients who are in need know that they have each client's best interest is at the forefront. It was an honor to work with them.
Supportive, fun and flexible
Case Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility, benefits
Cons: a lot of self training
Direct management was supportive. Team was personable making job enjoyable. Management encouraged appropriate changes and cared for team's needs.
very busy
Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee), Framingham,MassFebruary 25, 2014
Supervise 7 employees who help families that are currently staying in motels with in the metrowest area. We also provide stabilization services for the families once stably housed.
Very demanding yet rewarding job.
Housing Stabilization Case Manager (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: hours not flexible
Very demanding yet rewarding job. Benefits are great. Requires extensive travel.
Good job learned a lot
Residential Manager (Former Employee), FraminghamJune 15, 2013
Pros: plesant environment.
Cons: houses that clients lived in were vrey run down.
Agency was very separated from the staff in the programs this included managers. No trainings for supervision support.
Great opportunity to teach and work with out-patient clients
Clinician (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 6, 2012
As in other treatment agencies,a typical day is connecting with clients, formulating plan and processing paperwork. In addition, I had good opportunities and autonomy to lead and teach groups, both at the agency and within the community. Co-workers were supportive. Challenges were the stifling amounts of paperwork.
Very competent group of professionals
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 18, 2012
Pros: comprehensive behavioral health services
Cons: fee-for-service only
This company provides a wide range of medication evaluation, crisis intervention, individual, couple and family counseling, vocational services, classes for individuals with DUIs, shelters, housing, assistance applying for Section 8, substance abuse services, smoking cessation groups.
The employees were from a very diverse population. It was a very enjoyable, upbeat place to work.
Social Service Specialist (Former Employee), Framinghamm MAJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: we would have potluck lunches, i worked with a great group of people.
Cons: the pay was pretty low for the area where i lived.
This company gave me the opportunity to grow. I spoke with my immediate manager, asking for more responsibility, so she and I came up with more opportunities to show off my abilities. I loved working there.