South Middlesex Opportunity Council Employee Reviews in United States

Case manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 15, 2016
Weekly home visits, write daily notes weekly staff meetings. Clients are super needed, they lie sometimes and wear you out if you let them. Lots of resource to connect with helping clients find a home, adjust to shelter life. You practically help in every aspect of someone's daily life from childcare making sure they are safe have food in the fridge make sure their house is clean. Make sure they have clothes find a job resume writing everything. Great co workers really fun
Pros
GREAT BENEFIT FITS INTO FAMILY LIFW
Cons
PAY CAN BE BETTER
Work environment very supportive
STABILIZATION CASE MGR - Mobile Support Team (MST) (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 30, 2015
Mos of the jobs are stressful due to the fact that the work requires working with the most disenfranchised with our population. Not an employer to work for if one desires immediate positive feedback. Job satisfaction can come from the "baby steps" made by our clients.
Pros
Supportive co-workers.
Cons
State of flux with goals and how to attain them.
Enjoyable job experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed working for SMOC. The work environment was most effective for self-motivators. My supervisor was extremely supportive and continues to act as a mentor for me.
A truly gratifying environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 6, 2015
The staff truly cares about the clients and their needs. They are cordial and sensitive. Their discreet nature makes the clients who are in need know that they have each client's best interest is at the forefront. It was an honor to work with them.
Pros
every day is the best day you will have getting to work.
Cons
there is none.
Supportive, fun and flexible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Direct management was supportive. Team was personable making job enjoyable. Management encouraged appropriate changes and cared for team's needs.
Pros
flexibility, benefits
Cons
a lot of self training
very busy
Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Framingham,MassFebruary 25, 2014
Supervise 7 employees who help families that are currently staying in motels with in the metrowest area. We also provide stabilization services for the families once stably housed.
Very demanding yet rewarding job.
Housing Stabilization Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Very demanding yet rewarding job. Benefits are great. Requires extensive travel.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
hours not flexible
Good job learned a lot
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  FraminghamJune 15, 2013
Agency was very separated from the staff in the programs this included managers. No trainings for supervision support.
Pros
plesant environment.
Cons
houses that clients lived in were vrey run down.
Great opportunity to teach and work with out-patient clients
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 6, 2012
As in other treatment agencies,a typical day is connecting with clients, formulating plan and processing paperwork. In addition, I had good opportunities and autonomy to lead and teach groups, both at the agency and within the community. Co-workers were supportive. Challenges were the stifling amounts of paperwork.
Very competent group of professionals
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 18, 2012
This company provides a wide range of medication evaluation, crisis intervention, individual, couple and family counseling, vocational services, classes for individuals with DUIs, shelters, housing, assistance applying for Section 8, substance abuse services, smoking cessation groups.
Pros
comprehensive behavioral health services
Cons
fee-for-service only
The employees were from a very diverse population. It was a very enjoyable, upbeat place to work.
Social Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framinghamm MAJanuary 19, 2012
This company gave me the opportunity to grow. I spoke with my immediate manager, asking for more responsibility, so she and I came up with more opportunities to show off my abilities. I loved working there.
Pros
we would have potluck lunches, i worked with a great group of people.
Cons
the pay was pretty low for the area where i lived.

4.2