South Nassau Communities Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work and great people to work for.
Assistant to the Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 19, 2016
Even though I report to 3 Nurse Managers and 1 Educator, I feel like I am my own boss. I know what has to be done each day and I know when my deadlines have to met. I really enjoy the job and the people I work with.
Friendly environment
General Secretary (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJune 26, 2016
It is always a pleasure to show up to work and everyone being so friendly. We all work together. I have learned that if you don't know something, you can just ask and be taught without judgement.
Pros
Everyone works as a team
Cons
Short lunch break
A community hospital that employs its patients
Phsycian Assistant, Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYDecember 29, 2015
SNCH is a small hospital with a big heart. The employees are friendly and many have been patients themselves. As an employee directly involved in patient care, the most rewarding aspects are often the small acts of compassion that can make patients feel like people. The patient load can become heavy and the balance of quality attention in a short amount of time, multitasking and triaging priorities while maintaining composure can be the most difficult part of any job.
this is a great place to work
cpht (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMay 2, 2016
i enjoy my job at snch and learning from the clinical rph,sabout new medications i like being able to go out of the pharmacey on to the floors and dealing with nurses when needed
Pros
learn alot
Cons
schedule
Great working environment,awesome management
Mri technologist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYJuly 2, 2016
Great working environment,awesome management,although they pay less than average salary but still a good place to work
South Nassau Communities Hospital
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  oceanside, NYMay 26, 2016
I work the night shift from 11pm -7pm. I am a nurses assistant working with a perdiem schedule. My typical night at work includes taking vitals of my patients, providing comfort and support to my patients. I report to the nurse any concerns or observations of my patients. Both the nurses and the nursing assistants work as a team. The environment is very productive and all the patients are taken care of in a safe and health promoting environment. Management in South Nassau are always helpful and available to assist with any concerns and provide guidance when needed. The hardest part of the job or the most challenging part of the job is ensuring all patients are satisfied with their care. Making patients comfortable and satisfied with their treatment is challenging some of the times but for the most part we succeed as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding with excellent care and gratitude from the patients as well as recognition from the nursing staff of my abilities to become an excellent nurse.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
lack of promotion to an RN from an NA
Great work environment
Nurse Manager Perinatal Service (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 28, 2016
Small Community Hospital that has seen monumental growth in the last 15years. Patient care always being the focus. Constantly pushing employees to better themselves, and providing an atmosphere to learn.
Trustee (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYNovember 15, 2015
Voluntary participation in multiple committees.
Politics of health care industry.
Need to delegate.
Willing participants.
Dealing with financial constraints.
Team spirit of all involved.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
third party interference and regulation
Assistant Nurse Manager Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYAugust 18, 2015
I love the Professionalism, team work, open door policy, excellent benefits, friendly environment to work. availability of resources to do our job, . Enjoy my patients and the opportunities I had to served them. It's a very busy place however we worked together to meet our patients needs.
great employer
Coder (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYNovember 21, 2015
Great place to work at. Opportunities to learn and professional atmosphere. Good benefits and flexibility offered. Highly motivated management team
great place to work
Sleep Center Coordinator/ Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work in due to is non-stressful environment. They care about the patients and their employees. There is always an opportunity to grow for those that are willing to learn.
productive enjoyable patients
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  oceanside nyAugust 25, 2015
If you are compassionate to others (patients) you will enjoy your position. Easy commute. Not many employee perks lack of dental benefits for part time employees.
Pros
good relationships made
Cons
unstable hours short staffing
Great working environment
Utility Student (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 24, 2015
Great company to work for and wished that I was able to return but was not due to my pregnancy. Was a great team that I was working with and management was flexible. But the job security was discouraging.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not able to return due to pregnancy...more time for the maternity
An enjoyable place to work in and working with pleasant staff.
Provisional Board Certified Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMay 19, 2015
A typical day at the hospital is doing rounds in the hospital, talking with patients and/or family members. I continue to learn how to deal with situations that come up in the hospital, especially interventions. There really is no hard part of the job and I just enjoy speaking with the patients and/or staff.
Flexible schedule
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 18, 2015
The office is somewhat quite on a typical day. I learned that life is too short and never judge others because you don't know what the other person is going through. There is poor management, i feel that the manager doesn't value good employees, very little advancement. Co-workers are friendly and hard workers. The hardest part of the job is when you have to confront angry family member but it will come second nature when you know how to deal with difficult people. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
discounts on movie tickets
Cons
on snow storm where other business are closed they expect everyone to come in
Ususally a busy setup, with a condusive work setup
Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 9, 2015
Personally a very good work environment with adequate help provided. Technical advancement with adequate training provided at all times.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
None.
multicultural and helpful
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYApril 15, 2015
My work place is very busy and productive. I learn each day how to be patient. I work more like an assistant manager than an executive secretary. I enjoy working with the people that I work with, really great co-workers. I work hard to stay on top of things
Pros
free parking
Cons
50 minutes lunch instead of an hour
A good hospital to work for. Team work environment.
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
A typical work day is like any other day at the job. My shift begins by doing my QC. check Temperature etc. I must emphasized that I have learned a lot from working at this hospital. Management is excellent at training and employee advancement. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to leave on time when my shift ends. This is only because I had another job that I had to get on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is running all my specimen within the time fame given.
Pros
sometimes the work flow can be a bit reduced.
Cons
break must be taken as scheduled.
mediocre managment/no communication
HIM (Former Employee) –  OceansideMarch 18, 2015
Worked in HIM-Management is non commutative with staff. Makes changes and doesn't let you know about it but tells you they did. No guidelines and they won't give them to you when you ask. Very difficult to approach the Mgmnt. Very aggressive when you try and point out things that can be done better. Horrible morale.

Comment – October 2, 2015

Agreed...worked as a contractor. Worst management, unprofessional to staff and not available

Over view
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 25, 2015
I loved it there! Great place work! Management great! Benefits were awesome! Co-workers were the best!! I loved the team work displayed by everyone

South Nassau Communities Hospital Reviews by Location