South Nassau Communities Hospital

South Nassau Communities Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Excellent
Family Medicine Resident (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Excelllent Lectures
Lectures at 8.00am. Review patient's labs. Rounds on patients at 9.00am . Ensure everything that needs to be done, gets done. Lunch. Review labs.
great place of employment and education opportunities
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good food and breaks
great learning on the spot nurses are eager to help one another professionally and educationally. Supervisors are not afraid to get their hands dirty
mediocre managment/no communication
HIM (Former Employee), OceansideMarch 18, 2015
Worked in HIM-Management is non commutative with staff. Makes changes and doesn't let you know about it but tells you they did. No guidelines and they won't give them to you when you ask. Very difficult to approach the Mgmnt. Very aggressive when you try and point out things that can be done better. Horrible morale.
Flexible schedule
Secretary (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: discounts on movie tickets
Cons: on snow storm where other business are closed they expect everyone to come in
The office is somewhat quite on a typical day. I learned that life is too short and never judge others because you don't know what the other person is going through. There is poor management, i feel that the manager doesn't value good employees, very little advancement. Co-workers are friendly and hard workers. The hardest part of the job is when you have to confront angry family member but it will come second nature when you know how to deal with difficult people. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Magnet Hospital - Evidence Based Practice
Certified ER Nurse, Emergency Room (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 8, 2015
Magnet hospital that focus on caring for high-risk individuals across the lifespan with neurological, respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal, endocrine, musculoskeletal, genitourinary, trauma, OB/GYN and psychiatric emergencies
FRIENDLY STAFF/ manger not productive
Supervisor Patient Financial Services (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 2, 2015
As a supervisor having to work with a manager that did not want to work and put all her tasks on me. Other then that it was a great job
LOVED IT
Phlebotomist-Per Diem (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Absolutely loved it, I would work for them again if they are hiring. I loved to draw blood, and you were able to build a nice patient professional relationship
A good hospital to work for. Team work environment.
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: sometimes the work flow can be a bit reduced.
Cons: break must be taken as scheduled.
A typical work day is like any other day at the job. My shift begins by doing my QC. check Temperature etc. I must emphasized that I have learned a lot from working at this hospital. Management is excellent at training and employee advancement. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to leave on time when my shift ends. This is only because I had another job that I had to get on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is running all my specimen within the time fame given.
Flexible
Sr. Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Nassua CountyJanuary 25, 2015
Great place to get a good start. Excellent company to work for.
Well run hospital.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Ocenside, NYJanuary 3, 2015
Excellent hospital. Well run and seem financially sound. Work in Operating Room with a lot of variety.
A good organization to get hands on experience in the Healthcare industry.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Baldwin, NYNovember 27, 2014
As a employee your able work in a team setting, and independently.
administrative support
General Secretary (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYNovember 18, 2014
Performed heavy word processing of reports. Greeted patients, families, visitors. Worked as liaison between Physicians, Director of Nursing, Assistants to the Directors of Nursing, nurse managers, RN’s, LPN’s and NA’s. Performed payroll functions.
South Nassau Community Hospital is a wonderful place to gain experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYOctober 22, 2014
It was a pleasure to be employed at South Nassau. The work environment was clean and organized. The staff was top notch from management to environmental. Everyone was always so very helpful.
productive
Central Lab Processor (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYOctober 19, 2014
love the service and the staff.
employees are great and friendly.
Ok Place to Work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Oceanside, New YorkSeptember 23, 2014
Very friendly staff, great team work, hospital has no union, and health benefits are pretty mediocre.
Independent work enviorment, time management skills
Medical Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYAugust 28, 2014
Working independently on billing tasks, submitting claims electronically, verifying eligibility and reviewing & entering patients authorizations. Appealing insurance denials within a timely manner to increase the revenue for the department. The hardest part of this job is that we are understaffed so their is always a overflow of work for one employer.
Fun and Safe Place to Work
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYAugust 22, 2014
I enjoy working at South Nassau. Everyone is super friendly and it is pleasant work space environment.
i'm a productive worker.
PORTER (Former Employee), OCEANSIDE NYAugust 18, 2014
Porter - Operating Room (Former Employee), Oceanside, NY – august14, 2014
EASY job but the person leading the GROUP is NOT GOOD!!!!
SLEEP ON THE JOB HOURS
A lot of favoritism.
it was a pleasure working there
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
I was sad when i had to move and i had to move out of state, south nassau was my home away from home for many years i enjoyed working there and i learned a lot. my job experience was the best.
Good
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYJuly 30, 2014
Good people to work with. Great pay! Great environment. Small company.

1 2 3