South Nassau Communities Hospital

South Nassau Communities Hospital Employer Reviews

Fantastic Hands-On Experience.
RN preceptorship (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYMay 20, 2014
This was a real nursing experience, and South Nassau provided me with a true glimpse of it. My preceptor allowed me to experience patient care in its entirety, and I learned so much from both her and my environment as a whole.
Disorganized
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYApril 3, 2014
All of management are "friends" and it's very hard to advance here because managers will not allow you to leave/grow; employees have been "blacklisted" from transferring to other units/areas within the hospital. A lot of favoritism.

Most coworkers (doctors, nurses, PCTs, phlebotomists, etc.) are awesome, fun, knowledgeable, professional, supportive – more... and intelligent people that are great to be around for 12+ hours. Clinical cases are interesting. Great "mix" of patients. Lots of high acuity cases; good learning environment.

Latest technology such as electronic medical record, Omnicell, etc. – less
i'm a productive worker.
Porter - Operating Room (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYApril 3, 2014
easy job but the person leading the job is not good.
A good experience in how to apply the proper cleaning techniques.
games and food every year during hospital day.
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: leraning something everyday in the medical feild.
I had a great time working on a daily base with my co workers.Every day there was something new to learn just because their was such a diverse group of people nurses,patient,and doctors.
No growth, no work life balance and no appreciation
Outpatient & Inpatient Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 10, 2014
Cons: short breaks, overbooked schedules
long thankless day, they keep tethering you along with the promise of a permanent job. Poor management even worse communication.
very busy work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good teamwork
Cons: always short staffed
busy work environment, good teaching institution, always short staffed
Most gained experience as a sonography technologist at this organization
Receptionist (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: working with a diversity of providers
Cons: lack of job promotion
Review charts and cases in the radiology department. Reports all pertinet patient information to the radiologists.
Very active medical facility serving diverse clientele.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: opportunities for contining paid education.
South Nassau Communities Hospital is an excellent employer that provides opportunities for advancement within the hospital system.
Productive Worksite
Unit Secretary/ Telemetry Cardiac Unit (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYDecember 15, 2013
Typical day as a unit clerk on a telemetry unit coming on for the evening is mostly discharging patients, transferring patients, recieving a heavy load of ER patients. Prior to EMR I would pick up doctors orders and transcribe the medications, order lab work and order other exams for patients. However, after EMR was launch I updated the patients where – more... abouts if they were off the unit for exams, surgeries etc. In addition, I had to keep an updated census of all my patients. Other job requirements also include doing unit errands, other unit supplies, getting patients medications and etc. – less
productive, educational and fun place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYDecember 4, 2013
This is a productive and fun place to work. Everyone is friendly. A typical day work could be one minute patients are coming in one by one and an easy day could all of a sudden turn chaotic by just one phone call but we are always ready for whatever comes through the door one moment you could be calling a trauma team, stroke team, Stemi all at the same – more... time but what makes it or more fun we all work as a team no matter how rough the day could be or easy I love working there. Makes my day when I make someone feel better and see a smile on their face. Management is easy to work with they are always willing to help with whatever one needs. Hardest part of the job is when you receive a young patient and they don't make it. Most enjoyable part is when we come together and could sit and talk about life in general and have a good laugh about it. – less
Team member, hard worker
Bed and Bath Aide (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYNovember 30, 2013
A typical day at work starts as getting to know my patients by report from the primary RN. I would take vitals, help the aides get their patients ready for the day by assisting in bed baths, ambulation, and feeding.
I learned a lot from my position at South Nassau. I was able to learn visually while going to school, learning in the classroom. This job – more... taught me the importance of working as a team to ensure the safety and satisfaction of the patients, family members, and the staff members as well.
My co-workers consisted of everyone in the hospital. I was able to get along with everyone, working with everyone as a team.
The hardest part of my job was trying to always stay positive, even when the patients condition was not well.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact and help people when they felt vulnerable and needed the help. – less
Fun place to work, Some things could be better.
Phlebotomist-Per Diem (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYOctober 26, 2013
Pros: good people, great hospital
Cons: 5am shifts- no weekends off, poorly ran
A Typical work day is the Morning Pick Up. The morning pick up is when we go to our assigned floors in the hospital and draw each patients blood. I learned different ways to draw blood, I learned it from the senior phlebotomists. Management is fair., My co workers are great people. hardest part of the job is having a beeper such as 016 or 354 (these – more... beepers indicate that you cover most of the floors) My most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with all the patients. – less
this is very good hospital
Echocardiographer (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYOctober 17, 2013
I am very happy that i work in this hospital.I learned a lot of things here.Management is very good and cooperative.
An experence of a life time
Emergency Room Registrar/Accounts Services (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYOctober 16, 2013
I really don't know what to say other than working at South Nassau changed my life.
This review is about a day at work, things i have learned and the most enjoyable part of the job.
Patient Care Technician (Float) (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYSeptember 23, 2013
A typical day at work consist of taking vital signs, helping patients with ADL's, checking blood sugars, and documenting I&O'S. Since i been working at south Nassau i was able to learn how to communicate with patients and fellow staff members. Overall i believe that the management in the hospital is fair, i believe that the nurse managers really look – more... out for their staff. The hardest part of the job sometimes is time management in the sense of preforming task and documenting them. The most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction i get from knowing that i was able to help patients in need. – less
I learned SO much from the amazing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great staff, professional development
Cons: heavy workload, many nights had to stay late to finish charting
I worked for 5 years as a floor RN on a busy medical surgical unit. I was responsible for patients from 7am-7pm. The hardest part of the job was the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient care! My co-workers were amazing and the floor I worked on had teamwork down pat. I learned how to manage time, prioritize, and best practice during – more... my 5 year employment here. – less
Excellent environment to work in.
Medical Rotation (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYJune 27, 2013
I learned so much each day I was at South Nassau Communities Hospital. The Clinical instructor was very involved with my education and the program director was always there for help regardless what it was for.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Oceanside, NYJune 21, 2013
challenging, great place to work management staff are very knowledgeable and helpful
Communiy Hospital who primarily caters to those in the community
Bilingual Pre-Natal Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYMarch 6, 2013
Pros: conveniently located
Cons: it has no trauma unit
This facility is newly renovated with new patient room, specially private rooms for Maternity.
I loved taking care and helping patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Management was not so great. Twas a bit busy at the start of your shift and also towards the end. The Nurses and LPN's were very helpful and didnt mind working with the aides.