South Seattle Community College Employee Reviews

Great place to work hard and learn
Web Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2013
South is a great place to work.

Over the years I have learned a great deal about the benefits and challenges of the higher education campus culture as well as picking up a tremendous amount of technical skills. I am aware that it doesn’t just take the talent for the work, but also talent for communication and team building sprinkled with a little bit of passion for evolving and staying current.

This job requires all that you have to bring to the table. Wither you are a skilled professional or an entry level worker, this environment is positive and allows you to do as much as you set out to accomplish. The work never ends so there is ample opportunity to step up your game and set yourself up to make a difference everyday.
Pros
environment that promotes brotherhood and positivity for professionals and students
Cons
small budgets, not many opportunities to advance in professional careers that aren't higher management
Great WorkPlace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  seattle, waFebruary 17, 2015
All aspects of this part-time job fulfilled my needs. Good people, Good benefits, Good hours, Awesome management, Overall a great time.
Engaging advocacy of Student Government
Social Activities Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2013
My day of work is mostly to design and manage the events coming up and to do the outreaching for the events promotion. The job also enable me to be a bridge that connects student body to the college board by advocating for students' concerns.

During the year, I learned communication skills, leadership skills, management skills, and team working skill. I want to emphasize on the communicaiton skill I learned because it enables me to survive in a sophisticated working condition and work productively and efficiently. The public speaking skill I learned also change my personality because I have to overcome my shyness in order to speak in public clearly.

My co-workers are my other teammates in student government. Usually, we work seperately on creating the project but we will work jointly on promotion and event setup. We helped each other most of the time and pointed out the mistakes immediately without triggering emotions. The working condition is pleasent and I learned alot from them.

The hardest part of work is communication. We have different opinions on most of the subject discussed and we are not able to communicate efficiently to reach the concession. Therefore, we took longer time to solve a single problem. This experience taught me that how important the efficient communication is.

The most enjoyable part of the job is I am able to do what I like to do. The power that is given to me is an ability to change, which I can execute my desired project easier. The beauty of my job is a belief that I can make thing different and, by advocating for the student body, the sense
  more... of fulfillment is better than anything else.  less
Pros
gaining proactical experience and skills
Cons
time-demanding and stressful
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 14, 2015
Loved working here the people are awesome and really make you feel like you are really making a difference. Great job! Love this place.
Energetic and creative Math teacher who loves teaching
Instructor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2014
Teach math to college students in English and Spanish and assist them in preparing for state exams.
Pros
helping students move on to the next phase of they lives
Cons
i miss my students when they move on
Work is fun. Little guidance.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2012
It was really rewarding to help people reach their goals and to see them grow from my help.

On the down side was I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing a lot of the time. I know sounds vague, but that's just the situation exactly.
Great Place To Work For Busy College Students
Event Coordinator Student Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2013
Opening & Closing Duties. Very good place to meet new people and network with many different people.
I learned alot of new organization and communication skills.
Fun place to work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2014
great staff and students. Nice place to work and get your education
Best Company
Food Service Helper (Former Employee) –  SeattleMarch 24, 2014
Working at SSCC gave me lots of experiences. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. I also learned a lot from them. I served food for guests. I also helped clean up after the parties.
ok
Student (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 11, 2014
i was not working i was getting varies certifications provided by the school.

Want to know more about South Seattle Community College?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2013
co-workers were great, nice place to make friends.
I really enjoyed the company holiday parties.
Awsome