South Seminole Hospital Employee Reviews

Good work Environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLSeptember 10, 2016
This place was very nice to work at and we got along well with management and co-workers. The day would fly by even on the busy and stressful days, it felt like a team.
South Seminole hospital is a good place to enhance your knowledge and develop skills.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 23, 2016
A typical day at South Seminole Hospital on the progressive care unit.

I have four to five patients per day. I review my assignments and prioritize my patient's list, medications and patient's needs are discussed with the previous shift. I do a full head to toe assessment on all patients, chart my finding, review labs results and report my findings to the doctors if needed. I learned the importance of a full head to toe assessment to provide adequate data collection. The management at south Seminole hospital rounds twice a day during the twelve hour shift to ensure adequate staff and patient's satisfaction. My co-workers work as a team and do not mind helping others when needed. The hardest part of my job is gathering information in a timely manner due to limited computers in the facility. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a patient return to their normal functional state.
Pros
good team work
Cons
the hospital has a quick turn over due to staff being in school
Excellent Externship
Central Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMarch 9, 2016
I had a very positive experience during my externship at South Seminole's Pharmacy. The department leadership take genuine pride and ownership of their work and this extends to every employee. This is a good location for a student technician to learn solid foundations as a central technician: although this is a very small hospital the patient-centered attitude can and should apply to a hospital of any size. The opportunities I had in filling, dispensing, and delivering medications gave me confidence I can perform the job no matter where I go in the future.
Pros
positive management, consistent teamwork
Cons
older hospital
decent
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLMarch 30, 2015
room for advncement, good management, sometimes have 5 patients, very busy most of the time, most co-workers are great
RN Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLDecember 21, 2014
Good place to work. Part of Orlando Health hospitals. Located in Longwood, Florida.
Great Per Diem Job
ED Per Diem Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  ORHS South Seminole Campus, Longwood, FLJune 24, 2014
Great staff. This was a per diem job and everyone receptive and easy to work with. A typical night might include everything from a scraped knee to a gun shot wound. I enjoyed working here and getting to know other crazy ED nurses.
Pros
great staff
Cons
scheduling hours
Competent professionals forced to leave company
Medical technologist (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Competent professional used to work for many many years and have been forced to start new endeavors due to late fatal administrative decisions. Shame for what a family like environment was. Everyone know everyone and is a lovely smaller hospital.
Pros
great professionals
Cons
overstressed management lead to equivocal decisions, sad employees, even abused, have had to go.
Not a fun place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  3rd floorDecember 30, 2013
Tons of on your feet, unthankful, hard ,hard work, with minimal breaks and rare to get 30 min for lunch. Very unrealistic goals and many pts awaiting a psych bed, demanding. Hard to control pain management, heavy computers to push all shift. No safety net in place for some medication issues.
Pros
co workers are helpful
Cons
managers are not helpful
Baby Delivery
Extensive experienced in Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  longwood, flDecember 20, 2013
Well, there was this beautiful, sunny sky day at work which I was happened to be working in the Emergency Dept. Triage.
A young lady rushed in and said to me "i need a wheelchair" and I asked her "would you need help" she said "may be".
Upon arrival at the parking lot, it was her friend at the passenger side, pregnant, and amniotic fluid inside the care area.
I said to the driver, go back to the ED, anyone you saw in scrub, tell them to call a code "baby being born ED entrance".
While i staying with he, the friend came back less than 30 seconds and said I couldn't found anyone.
Now, the going to be mom screamed "here he comes".
My experience kicked in, and get to work.
The 7lbd. 7oz baby was delivered right on my hand and finally some sees us and called for help.
I was very proud of myself; even though I have no child then.
Energetic with a superior, experienced care giver mostly in emergency settings.
PCT II / HUC / ED TECH (Former Employee) –  LONGWOOD, FLNovember 11, 2013
Multiple employee of the month
Multiple employee of the year
well liked by colleagues
Delivered a baby boy in the ER entrance without any medical aid present.
Enjoyed fast paced environment.
Patient safety is my number one goal
DO NO HARM
Cons
healthcare
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLOctober 19, 2013
The only positive is that it is a small hospital therefore everyone knows everyone which makes communication easier. The rest...forget it!! All they talk about is "patient satisfaction", that's how hospitals get reimbursed, but when nurses are stretched there is no extra time to spend with the patients. They feel our stress, see us running around like crazy and usually comment about it. The management is ridiculous, favoritism runs rampant here. They will write you up for the smallest things, that's probably because if you've been written up you can't transfer and they can't keep nurses so they don't want them to transfer. They are so cheap that they will sacrifice patient safety before they will pay to have enough nurses to give the care the patients deserve. Breaks? You are lucky if you get one. Never get an uninterrupted lunch, which is unpaid!! Vocera (walkie-talkies) violates HIPPA. Too cheap to give everyone phones. Only 1 floor has phones and there is talk of getting rid of them. 2nd floor is unorganized with unfriendly staff, hallways are crowded. 3rd floor is chaotic with charge nurses that tell you what to do and when to do it without taking into consideration how busy you are. A manager and her lackey secretary/right arm that treat nurses like children. 4th floor is understaffed/undersupervised because they are too cheap. Some days there are only 2 nurses, no secretary, so the nurses have to handle their 5-6 patients, answer call bells and phones and be available when the MD is ready to round. Never know from day to day if you will be cancelled or floated to another  more... unit. Very dangerous situation when they float a Med/Surg or PCU nurse to Behavioral Health. We are not psych nurses and should not be put in that environment!! And don't get me started on med carts. These things are a waste of money. They are very difficult to navigate! They already have computers in pt rooms they could have just added to them and given the nurses small, lighter carts to transport meds. Someone wasn't thinking!! Probably our recently fired CEO...another one of her money wasting ideas.  less
Pros
great co-workers, small enough that everyone knows everyone
Cons
understaffed, constant cancelling of shifts or floated, small cafeteria, management
a challenging , harsh place to work
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLSeptember 4, 2013
A very challenging workplace, work conditions leave a lot to be desired, management has a hard job trying to find appropriate staff, lots of pressure and tension, there is a disconnect between staff and management
Pros
very little pros
Cons
time clock is harsh in late policy
extremely go employers
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 30, 2013
on a typical day I would assist the pt department with the daily duties required. This was a great place to be employed. it was actually my favorite place to work
Pros
always learning
Cons
seeing patients who did not want to try and get better
Great Place
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 28, 2013
Friendly people, welcoming staff, and great lessons learned.
Nice working environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, FL (no longer in business)March 8, 2013
Nice working environment; enjoyable co-workers. Nice hospital. Small but good for the Community. Filing documents into the Medical Records. Nicely paced work day.
Sewer of Orlando Health System
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  2nd FloorFebruary 1, 2013
Constantly loosing money. Soiled Condoms, Maxi pads in the parking lot. Worst Administration & management of any hospital ever. No growth opportunities. Always crying poor. Atmosphere of doom and gloom.
Cons
as above
Very Busy Place to work, not much help or support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLDecember 26, 2012
A typical day at work starts at 645am, getting report about your patients going from room to room with a computer and hopefully it is charged. The day continues by assisting your patients, giving medications, assessing and educating patients. Rounding with Doctors even when busy, have a vocera that is on loud speaker so when you need to be reached or a phone call is being sent to you, but its on speaker violates Hippa regulations. The management staff not very supportive, they come out of their office to view your boards to give updates and to say mostly whats wrong, once in a while something supportive but not often. Your coworkers are fabulous and they will try to help when needed especially since its an acute setting and a very needy environment. The Doctors and other health care providers very communicative and supportive and thats a plus. Your patient load is anywhere from 5-6 patients and your work 12 hours a day, 3 days per week. Lunch breaks you have to punch out for which are only half an hour, sometimes if you have time you can take 15 mins in the am. Must punch in and out. No christmas gifts,incentives or bonuses just work. Managers on 3rd floor not very communicative and when they are its sarcastic.
Pros
great coworkers.
Cons
breaks, management, lack of communication, and unit politics such as favoritism, not the best place for growth especially the 3rd floor.
did a lot of different things,to learn
Chef/Production Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLApril 4, 2012
started out with baking,moved on to prep with cooks,moved on to leed cook,moved on to supervision,opened up Altamonte hosp. with Jim Raymond,re-organized Apopka Hosp.Then took the job and opened up South Seminole Hospital and worked there for 10 years.
Pros
a lot of learning
Cons
religion, not 7th day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Seminole Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9