South Shore Health System Employee Reviews

Great people to work with, compensation does not reflect work
Cardiac Stress Tech (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAFebruary 21, 2018
hospital in a whole is a great hospital to work for. However i see a shift in the hospital dynamic in the future. Before being laid off there will be no more raises, overtime, and the 403 match was lowered. I loved my coworkers, however I do not feel like we were adequately compensated for our job.
Toxic Environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South shore hospitalFebruary 13, 2018
They lay off people with 20+ years experience while keeping a top heavy upper management. High nurse patient ratios. Unsupportive management. They don't give raises.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No raises, very top heavy management, layoff/closure fears
Fast paced
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  South Weymouth, MAFebruary 12, 2018
Fast Paced. Large implementation of Epic system. Lots of recruiting and hiring of Epic knowledgeable people. Several other areas to assist and support in various projects.
Pros
Flexibility
Awful
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAFebruary 10, 2018
Place is being run in to the ground. So many secret lay offs and cut backs. People afraid if they’re getting a pink slip each week. Cut throat organization.
Good Job
Unit Coordinator/Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Working at SSH was a great experience and I learned so much from my coworkers and staff. A very busy environment. The days go by quickly. Highly recommended to families juggling schedules.
Pros
great staff
Cons
unpredicatable
N/a
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at South Shore Hospital for me was a day of eight and a half scheduled hours of work. I performed a variety a tasks, including sanitizing and cleaning operating rooms, as well as assisting with patient care.
Friendly place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Weymouth, MAJanuary 22, 2018
I liked the friendly office atmosphere even though we were always busy. Everyone worked together to get the job done on time. It was interesting and fast paced at the same time.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 22, 2018
The nurses here are great. They are very including and are able to work together to provide the best possible care for their patients. I have also had good experiences with other faculty.
Overall a great place to work
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Worked there for many years. Many recent changes in upper management. Good and bad results. Frequent lay offs and cutbacks in clerical and administrative roles
Todo es perfecto
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 12, 2018
Excelente empresa para trabajar, todo es perfecto, yo deje el trabajo por razones personales..
Pros
Prestaciones
Cons
Transporte
Fun and competitive; I miss it.
Technical Specialist, Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 6, 2018
I liked working with the software and hardware and learned a lot from not only my team, but the management. I was working per diem on the weekends and holidays.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
No room for growth
Daily work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MADecember 24, 2017
Management-approachable, open to suggestions
paid vacation competitive salary, team work environment, skilled nursing aids to assist with nursing care, positive work environment
Pros
team environment
Cons
Fast Paced environment with friendly co-workers/managers
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MADecember 9, 2017
Working at South Shore Hospital was a great experience as an ambulatory worker and a nursing assistant. All of my co-workers and managers were supportive, nice and professional. Both jobs I had there were fast paced but they were satisfying and I left every day feeling like I made a difference.
Horrible, demoralizing, cut throat
mid level professional (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MADecember 8, 2017
Horrible place to work. No room for advancement, 100% nepotism with unqualified, lazy, unskilled workers getting in through family. I started as a temp and was immediately hired for my outstanding work ethic, education and experience, but it has been a struggle to work such a poorly run organization.
Cons
Always learning and keeping up with work
Paramedic Services (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MANovember 7, 2017
Running reports and coding run reports for billing for Paramedic services. Also other administrative duties as required by Manager. Filing and organizing for different occasions for community services along with keeping track of Paramedic and EMT's certifications.
Pros
work at own pace and under limited supervision
Great Place
Nursing Assistant Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 27, 2017
South Shore Hospital is a great place to work. They are growing and improving for the better. They have free parking for employees. I would recommend this place to work!
Great Training opportunity
Principal Trainer/Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 17, 2017
Challenging opportunity to design and deliver training during the EHR implementation.This is typically a highly visible and stressful learning environment.
working at south shore
medical laboratory scientist (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 16, 2017
extremely busy ER that reflex busy laboratory....management is absent unless they when they want to discipline an employee or have new regulation reflected from a bad incident.
employee are under pressure understaffed and must have knowledge in Blood bank where I believe is working negatively....new staff must do Blood bank which is uncommon practice in majority of the Hospital where the high complexity of testing getting so advanced in technology and methodology making blood bankers are born blood bankers !
the overnight differential is generous but overnight tech is overwhelmed with the job description that need to be satisfied.
lots of tuning need to be done or management will end up being without staff or techs.
Pros
free time for lunch
Cons
$9.00/Hour overnight shift differential
Working at a hospital
Nutrition Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 15, 2017
Loved working with my job partners and seeing all the patients, most important part was seeing the parents that were sick be happy and eating and I loved this job because when I'm older I want to work in a hospital either as a nurse or EMT
Highly demanding
Senior Applications Analyst/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 8, 2017
Highly demanding workplace with hundreds of projects being implemented simultaneously. Senior management within division attempts to keep priorities defined and does a fairly good job of communicating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Shore Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

South Shore Health System Reviews by Location