South Shore Hospital

South Shore Hospital Employee Reviews

Collegial, positive environment
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee), Weymouth, MAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, support team
Cons: Space issues, to meet privately with patients and family
I work the evening shift from 3:00PM TO 11:30PM. Everyone is willing to help each other out and there is a lot of support from management. We are the busiest emergency room of any of the hospitals that are on the South Shore from Boston. I am the only social worker on in the emergency room during these hours. This is sometimes challenging and requires good time management. I appreciate that my manager is usually available by phone during these off hours if I have any questions.
Summer Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2015
-Typical day is preparing food for patients and getting ready for the lunch rush hour.
-Communication skills and dealing with large numbers of crowds.
-Management is great always willing to lend a helping hand and show you how to have a productive day..
-Coworkers are great especially with new people ready to teach them the ropes.
-Hardest part is being on your feet all day.
-Most enjoyable is feeling as though you made the patients day.
good expricnce
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
not so bad i learned alot been housekeeoing the mangement was ok the hardest part of the job work around people the people around me did like me the job was fix for me the most enjoy part of the job i stay too myself i got my job done
Great place to work, love the people i work with.
Diet Aide Specialist (Current Employee), Weymouth, MAJuly 26, 2015
Love SSH its a great team oriented job.

-Communication skills and dealing with large numbers of crowds.
-Coworkers are great especially with new people ready to teach them the ropes.
-Hardest part is being on your feet all day.
-Most enjoyable is feeling as though you made the patients day.
Productive work place
Nursing Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
South Shore gives you an opportunity to obtain experience to start your nursing career and the opportunity to work registry when you are ready to progress in your career.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), South Weymouth, MAMay 31, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable staff
Cons: busy schedule
South Shore Hospital is a great place to work. There is a knowledgeable staff and up-to-date resources. The hospital continues to expand with the attempts to improve quality of patient care.
Staff with great hearts trying to do great things. Held back by management.
Laboratory (Former Employee), WeymouthMay 28, 2015
Pros: Having a positive effect on patient outcome.
Cons: Lack of manager involvement.
Pretty and shiny on the outside. Far less so on the inside. Managers are not supportive, encouraging, or involved. Team flounders trying to do the best it can for patients with uninvolved/uninformed management.
This place no longer is open
Director of Registration/Information Services (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: this company is no longer in business.
Cons: this company is no longer in business.
this company is no longer in business. working there was great. management was always encouraging and helpful. coworkers were well prepared and friendly
Really great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Weymouth, MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great Place to work
Cons: Parking off site
We usually start with calling down the In- house patients and try to get them done as we receive E.D. patients. We cover lunch shifts starting at 11:30 Doing Portable chests where ever needed After lunch more of the same. I've learned to get along with my co-workers and that you never stop learning and to just go with what ever changes get implemented. Management is ok they work well with me always asking if I can do a schedule change and or asking for help. I always try to help or change the schedule when they ask because they help me too. My co-workers are great, they always pitch in when needed and we work well together. The hardest part for me is to see some one who is dying or who has passed (especially if they are young) and also to see someone who is suffering or having a difficult time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you helped someone and they appreciate it whether it's a patient or a physician or nurse.
It's a good place to get experience as a new grad.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Telemetry unitApril 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks, no team work.
Working on the telemetry floor, you have any-where from 4-8 patients to take care of. You are over-whelmed most of the time, the CNA's don't take vitals or accu-checks. The only thing that is good is that you learn quite a bit as a new grad. The hardest part of the job is, there is no team work, your basically on your own and the physicians do not care for their patients like they should. The only enjoyable part of the day is when it is time to go home.
Not a very enjoyable place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: low pay
South Shore Hospital was not a very healthy work environment. The management would listen to the concerns of the employees, but really didn't act on them. The was barely any team work and it was very stressful.
shared physician clinic
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
i interned here once i graduated from medical assistant school, they were a fast paced environment. i loved doing the pt interaction and blood draws i performed.
Exciting work enviroment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: got to meet a lot of people in the community, helped people in need.
Cons: dealing the unknow everyday, dealing with angry and irrate patients and vistiors
The most enjoyable part of my job was the pleasure of knowing that you were able to provide care and assistance to those that could not care for themselves.
Very "team oriented" hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Weymouth, MADecember 9, 2014
Pros: we do alot of holiday things such as dress up for patrots red sox or bruins openeing season.
Cons: sometimes being short staff
I am a day/night rotation on a Geriatric floor at the hospital. I come in get rounds on the 35 bed floor. Its normally me and another girl sometimes 3. We do incontinent care , daily weight, Foley Catheter care and cbg's. All of my co-workers are great. The nurses are wonderful always there when you need them. The hardest part about my job "I think" is not being able to literally put myself in the shoes of someone with dementia or someone who just cant do alot of things on there own. I can say i understand or can relate but i cant. What i enjoy the most of have been a cna for 8 years is just being able to help someone do something that they cant do.
Productive and meaningful
Director of Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: caring people, great working place
Cons: insurance and benefits, salaries
* Constant reviewing of processes and improving them
* I've learned that there's always room for one more improvement
* In managmenet, I have a great mentor, who I have learned a great deal in just one year.
* Great co-workers, always participate in any improvements of the hospital
* Making staff decisions that affect that persons life.
* I enjoy my job any day, but when we pass our goals and I see my staff excited and asking me, ok what else can we improve on? It's a great feeling.
Duties of a CPHT
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Weymouth, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free dinners on holidays and overtime when u wanted
Cons: managment was not the greatest
I worked in a fast-passed hospital environment providing patient care. Duties included but not limited to filling doctor’s prescription requests, making IV per specified requirements, assisting pharmacy needs in the operating room, and inventory control. I also took nurses phone orders to serve patient needs. I fixed Pyxis machines that would constantly break down. I would go to stations throughout the hospital to fix these machines.
Financial Counselor
Financial Counselor/Precertification Specialist (Former Employee), South Weymouth, MassachusettsNovember 1, 2014
Pros: i loved everyone that i worked with...i just loved my job
Cons: i can't really think of any
This was one of the best jobs I ever had. I was in charge of the insurance for all surgical patients, both scheduled and emergent. I learned so much at this job. The Management there was respectful and fair. The hardest part was when patients were upset over money they may owe. Every single day there was enjoyable as we worked as a team, from the administrative end to nursing. We were all one and considered one by all.
I really enjoyed working for this company.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Scituate,maSeptember 26, 2014
I was given and opportunity from being hired as part time phlebotomist to be the acting lab coordinator and i excelled at it. They were very nice to work with .
South Shore Hospital is a leader in care that we deliver to our families and communities.
Private Duty Homemaker (Current Employee), Weymouth, MASeptember 15, 2014
Everyday is different in caring for our senior citizens I feel that we provide excellent service to our families.
built great communication skills
Dispatch Attendant (Former Employee), Weymouth, MASeptember 4, 2014
coming out of high school, working at the hospital dealing with patients and employees helped my communication skills dramatically.
Industry