South Shore Hospital

South Shore Hospital Employer Reviews

shared physician clinic
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
i interned here once i graduated from medical assistant school, they were a fast paced environment. i loved doing the pt interaction and blood draws i performed.
Exciting work enviroment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: got to meet a lot of people in the community, helped people in need.
Cons: dealing the unknow everyday, dealing with angry and irrate patients and vistiors
The most enjoyable part of my job was the pleasure of knowing that you were able to provide care and assistance to those that could not care for themselves.
Very "team oriented" hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Weymouth, MADecember 9, 2014
Pros: we do alot of holiday things such as dress up for patrots red sox or bruins openeing season.
Cons: sometimes being short staff
I am a day/night rotation on a Geriatric floor at the hospital. I come in get rounds on the 35 bed floor. Its normally me and another girl sometimes 3. We do incontinent care , daily weight, Foley Catheter care and cbg's. All of my co-workers are great. The nurses are wonderful always there when you need them. The hardest part about my job "I think" is not being able to literally put myself in the shoes of someone with dementia or someone who just cant do alot of things on there own. I can say i understand or can relate but i cant. What i enjoy the most of have been a cna for 8 years is just being able to help someone do something that they cant do.
Productive and meaningful
Director of Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: caring people, great working place
Cons: insurance and benefits, salaries
* Constant reviewing of processes and improving them
* I've learned that there's always room for one more improvement
* In managmenet, I have a great mentor, who I have learned a great deal in just one year.
* Great co-workers, always participate in any improvements of the hospital
* Making staff decisions that affect that persons life.
* I enjoy my job any day, but when we pass our goals and I see my staff excited and asking me, ok what else can we improve on? It's a great feeling.
Duties of a CPHT
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Weymouth, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free dinners on holidays and overtime when u wanted
Cons: managment was not the greatest
I worked in a fast-passed hospital environment providing patient care. Duties included but not limited to filling doctor’s prescription requests, making IV per specified requirements, assisting pharmacy needs in the operating room, and inventory control. I also took nurses phone orders to serve patient needs. I fixed Pyxis machines that would constantly break down. I would go to stations throughout the hospital to fix these machines.
Financial Counselor
Financial Counselor/Precertification Specialist (Former Employee), South Weymouth, MassachusettsNovember 1, 2014
Pros: i loved everyone that i worked with...i just loved my job
Cons: i can't really think of any
This was one of the best jobs I ever had. I was in charge of the insurance for all surgical patients, both scheduled and emergent. I learned so much at this job. The Management there was respectful and fair. The hardest part was when patients were upset over money they may owe. Every single day there was enjoyable as we worked as a team, from the administrative end to nursing. We were all one and considered one by all.
I really enjoyed working for this company.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Scituate,maSeptember 26, 2014
I was given and opportunity from being hired as part time phlebotomist to be the acting lab coordinator and i excelled at it. They were very nice to work with .
South Shore Hospital is a leader in care that we deliver to our families and communities.
Private Duty Homemaker (Current Employee), Weymouth, MASeptember 15, 2014
Everyday is different in caring for our senior citizens I feel that we provide excellent service to our families.
built great communication skills
Dispatch Attendant (Former Employee), Weymouth, MASeptember 4, 2014
coming out of high school, working at the hospital dealing with patients and employees helped my communication skills dramatically.
Worked hard in a collaborative hospital setting
Environmental Services Specialist (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAAugust 13, 2014
Great job but working 3rd shift was very hard. Learned patient confidentiality. Learned working with many different co-workers from varied backgrounds
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: driving distance to work. 50% of dept less tehn 15minute drive
SSH IS GREAT PLACE TO WORK. HOWEVER, DURING WINTER, DRIVING UP TO WEYMOUTH FROM SANDWICH CAN BE :TRICKY". I AM LOOKING FOR SOMWTHING CLOSER TO HOME,AND HOPEFULLY,SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY
Magnet Hospital Growth Opportunities Diverse patient population
Team Leader/Case Manager (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: supportive environment educational opportunities
Cons: rotating shift requirements for full time case managers
Arranging home visits, attending meetings, triage add on patients, complete administrative duties relating to case management. Provide support, information as needed to team members. Cover for Nursing Supervisors when ever needed. Complete 6 home visits and computer documentation completed by 10 pm.
Work with manager to identify complicated cases and make changes to POC to promote discharge. Work with manager to identify areas of individual staff development needs.
Respond to pages and emergency visits as needed.
I learned Community Nursing and case management rooted in evidence based practice. I was trained for role of nursing supervisor. I learned triage skills, flexibility, and perseverance !
My co-workers represented four generations of nurses and supportive staff. Many dedicated, strong, devoted and talented staff to be surrounded by daily. My co workers also came from all around the world, affording special insight into other cultures.
The hardest part of the job was the new shift rotation requirements implemented to attract Partners for merger and to provide better access to care for our patients. I believe this change greatly effected staff moral and both consumer/nurse satisfaction. This created barriers to case managers being able to provide seamless care plans with continuity being lost despite a team approach. We also lost benefit time that was hard earned during the courting of Partners.
The best part of my day was spending time with my patients. Nothing compares to the feeling of giving comfort and care to people in their homes. I enjoyed the challenge of each new case. I enjoyed never giving up on medically complex patients. It was a joy to see my teaching of patient and caregivers can reduce re-hospitalizations and lead to a better quality of life.
Productive and Fun place to work
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Weymouth, MAJuly 28, 2014
Great enviroment
good working experience
great people
good benifits
Friendly,productive facility to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2014
Pros: the discounted cafeteria prices and free parking
Cons: smaller building than most
A typical day at South Shore Hospital consist of greeting everyone i encounter staff and patients. I am to check the patients, get my assignment from charge nurse and begin my day. My day consist of obtaining all vitals and checking the patients, then make schedule for myself according to the information gathered in my report from the night aide, performing patient care would be next. It's great to have wonderful teammates, the hardest part of the job would be not doing my job. The most enjoyable part is the fact that I am always busy i tend to make the best out of the things I do for the patients and the company.
Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAMay 22, 2014
Amazing experience here loved the staff and the patients were amazing. I learned so much
Different experience
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2014
Although I have learned a lot from this job, the duties are overwhelming and the salary should have been higher.
Great team
Unit Coordinator/Cardiovascular Center (Current Employee), Cardiovascular CenterMarch 8, 2014
It is a great place to work and patient care is the highest priority.
productive family oriented workplace
Administrative Secretary/Data Entry Technician (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great people, compensations, bonuses
Cons: negative people
This was a great job with great people. Interacting with nurses, doctors, patients, families etc. is a great feeling. Just letting people know that you care about them & what they are going through. At this hospital we were family. I hated the day the hospital closed down. It was great
Good place to learn different exams
Radiology Intern (Current Employee), Weymouth, MAFebruary 22, 2014
As a student, I was trained on Fuji digital and computered radiography, and also GE C-arms. This hospital is a level two trauma hospital, so I have been trained on the trauma cases.
Medical receptionist
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: experience in the medical field
Cons: no raises and pay was extremley low
Sit at your desk greet patients and register patients for the following, blood work, x-rays,labs,wound care,ekg, mammograms etc.How to look up cpt codes and icd-9 codes as well also verifying Insurances such as Medicare,Medicaid, Blue cross blue shield,cigna,United health care etc.Management was very helpful and caring and took time out to explain certain things in such great detail. Made sure we understood the importance HIPAA laws. Dealing with detox patients, they don't give the correct information,sometimes they come in high and it's can be come aggravating at times cause their unable to communicate. Getting to know the patients in the community and helping them out.

1 2 3 4

About South Shore Hospital

South Shore Hospital is the leading regional provider of acute, outpatient, home health, and hospice care to the approximately – Read more

South Shore Hospital Salaries