South Texas Blood & Tissue Center

South Texas Blood & Tissue Center Employer Reviews

Hostile Work Environment
Donor Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: said flexible schedule
Cons: horrible management, incompetent leadership, lack of training, lack of integrity
It's a shame that the lives of patients are in the hands of incompetent management that fosters an environment that works team members against each other. In addition, they blatantly make fun of their gay employees and make their lives complete hell should they decide to transfer to another department, internally. There were many times that I, personally, asked my direct supervisor to assist me in situations where I had co-workers that were rude, disruptive, and hostile and she did nothing at all--in fact, telling me to take care of it myself.

This is not a place that fosters growth or personal development.
Learned alot, long hours
Accessioning Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2012
Pros: shift differentials; fun work environment; great learning experience
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed working here for the most part. Days were long. 16,18 hours a day long. My schedule was from 930a-730p. I never got out at 730. I did learn alot about blood and plasma and such, very interesting. Management was okay. Went through a few managers in a pretty short time but I think they were trying to find a good fit. Co-workers were okay as well. Some were really good while others were clearly there only to collect a a paycheck. Hardest part was the long hours. But because I enjoyed the work and most co-workers were great to work with, time managed to go by rather quick. Not a "hard" job by any means. You are mostly sitting at a computer for long periods of time so making time to get up and move is a must. Most enjoyable part is the experience. You learn alot and meet lots of people. I do miss working there :(
productive and exiting work place
Technician I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2012
Pros: gaining experience through hands on training
Cons: no set schedule.
Meet new people and repeat donors. becoming a part of a life changing process.