South Texas Blood & Tissue Center Employee Reviews

Great work enviroment
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2017
Very physically demanding job a lot of overtime and benefits available appreciates its employees an opportunity for management is very easy to obtain very great work environment coworkers are very enthusiastic and supervisors listen very well to what their team needs
Pros
Great benefits for workers lots of incentives as well
Cons
Physically demanding a lot of lifting setting up and breaking down
Great personal and work growth
Tech II - Supervisory (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2017
This was a very challenging job. I learned so many new thing and had a chance to really push myself. I got to drive a 40 foot bus and care for so many different kinds of people.
Technically Challenging
Assistant Director - Systems and Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
The workplace environment is mainly laboratories and is a health hazardous environment. Good company, very challenging with a very multi-faceted organization to choose from..
Need room for growth
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Love working for South Texas Blood & Tissue Center. I've been with the company for almost 4 years now. The only issue is, I feel that I need more room to grow and I can no longer grow in the current position that I hold.
good place to learn on phlebotomy
Tech 1 and Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2015
Typical day at work, set up the blood drives register, screen and draw blood. What I've learned? My phlebotomy skills have gotten better. I have better customer service. Management? Management is all over the place. My co-workers? They make my day better, its like a big family. Hardest part of my job? Maybe dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job is working somewhere different every day.
Pros
working with different people every day
Cons
short lunch
A good comany
Accessioning (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2014
It was a very fast past job and I was able to work with great co-workers.
Pros
A great comany to work and grow
Cons
Paid
Hostile Work Environment
Donor Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2014
It's a shame that the lives of patients are in the hands of incompetent management that fosters an environment that works team members against each other. In addition, they blatantly make fun of their gay employees and make their lives complete hell should they decide to transfer to another department, internally. There were many times that I, personally, asked my direct supervisor to assist me in situations where I had co-workers that were rude, disruptive, and hostile and she did nothing at all--in fact, telling me to take care of it myself.

This is not a place that fosters growth or personal development.
Pros
Said flexible schedule
Cons
horrible management, incompetent leadership, lack of training, lack of integrity
Learned alot, long hours
Accessioning Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2012
Enjoyed working here for the most part. Days were long. 16,18 hours a day long. My schedule was from 930a-730p. I never got out at 730. I did learn alot about blood and plasma and such, very interesting. Management was okay. Went through a few managers in a pretty short time but I think they were trying to find a good fit. Co-workers were okay as well. Some were really good while others were clearly there only to collect a a paycheck. Hardest part was the long hours. But because I enjoyed the work and most co-workers were great to work with, time managed to go by rather quick. Not a "hard" job by any means. You are mostly sitting at a computer for long periods of time so making time to get up and move is a must. Most enjoyable part is the experience. You learn alot and meet lots of people. I do miss working there :(
Pros
shift differentials; fun work environment; great learning experience
Cons
productive and exiting work place
Technician I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2012
Meet new people and repeat donors. becoming a part of a life changing process.
Pros
gaining experience through hands on training
Cons
no set schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Texas Blood & Tissue Center. Our community is ready to answer.

South Texas Blood & Tissue Center Reviews by Location