South Texas Dental Employee Reviews

Recived good training while going thru School
Laboratory Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Worked in the Lab room steriize insurments, Prep rooms, process X-Rays, bring patient to the back fill out health information, order materials and send invoice with materials.
excellent
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75244December 15, 2017
STD is a good company to working for, not too much pressure, benefit is good too, Dentist play a major role and only focus on patient care. Pay is fair: more production more pay.
productive envoriment
Collections Processor (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day working for South Texas Dental was a very productive day ensuring that you have input all billing work for multiple dental offices. As well as, being able to enjoy your job. Having great management and coworkers makes it so much more easier to enjoy a productive work environment.
orthodontics
Orthodontics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
every nre patient we had to take intro oral pictures and then taking alginate impressions trim them and mount them. how to put the bresses and every month was changing the wire or the braket.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
very productive and fun workplace. I learn to train and work with management. The hardest part of the job is talking to the manager . the most enjoyable part of the job is when they used to take us to company Outings and when they used to buy food for us.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare, management
Another corporation
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
There ok jus another corporate offices. There dentist does some good work. Just late hours!! Other then the late hours they are an overall good company.
demanding
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
manager is a really demanding person but at the same time she was fun. Since i was there we had gone to fun places during work hours. She would buy us food and have a 5 minute chat before leaving.
There was a lot of proactivity
Orthodontist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I would go in from 10am-7-7:30pm
We traveled to Pleasant Grove, Arlington, and Fort Worth
I learned about what the appliance were for like to make more expansion, facemask to help under bites.
Really loved working with my team, there was no gossiping.
The hardest part was when the manager made you do many things at once especially when we were really busy.
Pros
one hour lunches, Doctor would buy staff lunch
Cons
At the begging when i started we could only get 30 minutes lunches, sometimes we only has five minutes to eat.
Fun learning experience
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2017
A great place to learn and get into the office setting . Great for working with patients and helping them out with their health and confidence . I would recommend this place
Pros
Learning
Cons
Pay wage
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
I like customer service and helping people. Got along with everybody. Had fun at the same time good environment and good place.
Too many audits and inventory
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2016
Typical day at work is coming in and making our rounds. I learned that there is always something to do even when there is nothing. Management there is very involved. Co-workers there is a pleasure to have and be around. The hardest part of the day is all the paperwork and audits. The most enjoyable part of the day is lunch.
Pros
Assisting the Doctors
Cons
Having too many patients booked the same day.
fun office to work at
Dental hygiene room assisting (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76010September 20, 2016
This office allowed me to connect with patients and gain experience in the dental field. I was able to practice my chair-side assisting skills
Could be managed better.
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2016
Fast paced environment with lack of management and employees.
Needs to be full staffed and less temporary workers that need training.
Productive and friendly work enviroment
Asst. Manager/Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2016
South Texas Dental is a fast past environment, having to check in patients, verifying insurance, and answering phones. Making sure patients are getting great costumer service and making sure we're meeting the patients needs and expectations.
Pros
Flexiable schedules
Cons
Insurance
Productive Fast Pace work place
RDA (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 28, 2016
South Texas Dental is a fun, productive, fast pace work place with plenty of motivation. You learn a lot and you learn it fast.
Fun clinic, loved the doctors , enjoyed the flow of work
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2016
everyone is great, great doctors great staff great office.
I assisted the doctor,took X-rays,cleaned the clinic from top to bottom.
Benefits
Cons
Lots of favoritism, manager lets who she likes get away with lots of things.
Great opportuntiy
Dental Assistant/Front (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work was fast pace environment, which I learned how to interact with management and co-workers. As a beginner, the hardest part was trying to keep up but as weeks went by I progress; and became better which made it in enjoyable experience. I was thankful for the opportunity to work there.
very poor management
open question (Former Employee) –  dallas, txFebruary 18, 2015
very busy day every day, regular Medicaid office production production ... you can keep your work is the manager is your best friend, even u are a hard worker, co-workers very un-professional, disrespectful, hardest part of the job was deal with management because all the drama on this kind of office is because is missing of leadership a very GOOD LEADERSHIP....
Very productive and fun workplace
Dental Assisting (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 30, 2014
Now that school is back in, mornings are slow and evenings are busy, but it’s good because the time passes so fast. We work with a lot of children and I really enjoy it, kids are so fun and full of life. We are role models for them and it feels good to hear them tell us all the dreams they have when they grow up because they are the future. Every day we learn something new and I love that about life. There never really is a dull moment in dentistry, and it’s so much to learn. I love the fact that my co-workers are hardworking and hold customer service in high regard as myself. My manager is very nice, she is a very genuine person who like myself loves helping people. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting a child that is so curious and is like a sponge wanting to know everything and is respectful. I love my job!
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Late days
great place to have your externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
Great place to have your externship. Management gives plenty of options for work and time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Texas Dental. Our community is ready to answer.