South Texas Health System Employee Reviews

Great training
Staff Nurse Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 27, 2017
Busy organization and most of the time they are understaff. However, its a place to get some intense bedside experience, as staff learn how to manage time well with the high patient volume assigned.
Needs Better Administrative Leadership
Employee (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 14, 2017
There is a seriour need for better qualified administrative leadership.

There has been too many unresolved issues and the turnover of staff is tremendous.

There is no accountability from administrators. This is a toxic culture to work for. It starts at the top.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Administrator have no accountability, always blaming others for their shortcomings.
Good.
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 5, 2017
good work environment, fun place to work. Never had issues with management. Administration tends to do as they wish and should lead by following corporate policies.
Very pleasant environment
anonymous (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 20, 2016
Very stress free environment. Everyone is like family there. Very good benefits. They appreciate your hard work. They reward employees for your hard work.
Pros
They appreciate employees
Level II Trauma Center
System Trauma Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 8, 2016
Large hospital near the Mexico border; great opportunity for clinical experience; excellent multicultural opportunity; long hours in a management position
Not a good working environment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 14, 2016
Low pay, efforts not recognized, supervisor and leadership positions not in the best hands, lack of leadership, everybody wants to be boss nobody wants to follow policies and instructions, zero organization, short staff so workload is huge and not compatible with compensations/pay rates, administration likes to hear employees to do nothing about the issues, they just care about executives. Disrespectful coworkers, unethical behaviors and degrading treatment. They have tried to hire at least 3 or 4 people since I joined and ALL of them left before the first week. Yeah that how bad it is.
Pros
Cons
No respect in any way
I have no opinion on the subject
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 16, 2016
I really did not enjoyed myself working for this company at all. I like housekeeping but dealing with people, who knew and saw how much I was making is not right and the director did not care who he show that information too., that is why I left this job. I only like a couple of the co-workers. The best part about this job was the fact I was working towards my dream of working in a hospital but if I had to deal with people looking into my personal salary and wanted to know who referral me for the job is uncalled for. And that actually what they did to me. When in fact I am over qualify for the job,
Pros
I dont know
Cons
I dont know
Junior Volunteer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburg texasAugust 24, 2015
this was a great volunteer experience. i loved it. i would certainly doing it again. I am very patient with anybody. my patient thank me often because of my ability to work, speak. they also thank me on how excellent i work, do my job and the skills i have.
Good working place
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 25, 2015
Goow working environment. Issues may take a while, but with good communication, they get resolved in a timely manner. Good co-workers and day goes by quick when there's good ambient..
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks
terrible place to work
Registered Respiratory and RN (Former Employee) –  Edinberg RegionalMay 31, 2014
I was sent on a contract with Onward Staffing agency and found that hospital management disorganized and clueless of what was going on. The director for respiratory was a RN and had no ideal how to manage respiratory staff which was way understaff (typical). I also had issues with the agency in getting paid. Only got my housing paid once and was evicted because I wasn't getting paid and still not paid for the last 2 days I worked. My advice is STAY AWAY FROM Edinberg Regional and South Texas Health Systems.
Pros
NO pros
Cons
disorganized
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 7, 2014
Great place to work, growing with new branches, positive environment
Productive, team structure and fun environment.
Administrative Assistant/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 30, 2014
Responsible for performing a variety of human resources support duties. Assist in maintaining the human resources database and all employee records and files.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid holidays, etc.
a productive work place
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 18, 2014
it is a really good company to work for i enjoy it alot. i learned alot of medical terminology , and alot of what goes into working in different deparments. And how important each depart is and there role in running a hospital. all that makes it interesting to work here !
Excellent opportuntity to work for a large system environment
System Quality Director (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 9, 2013
This is a healthcare system made up of 5 individual hospital that merged into one large system under one license number to total 848 beds. There were many challenges in serving as a System Director of Quality and Regulatory Compliance which required me to ensure all facilities were practicing the same way, using the same processes and policies while at the same time respecting each facility's individual uniqueness. This job opportunity has provided me professional challenges and growth that I would not have had or experienced working at a single structured hospital.
Pros
Excellent leadership team to work with at each facility
Cons
Being one person to meet the expectations of 5 different leadership teams.
Due to out sourcing I was laid off
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 22, 2013
Great place to work at! Thought I would be there till I retired but our central business office was out source to another state resulting in me getting laid off.
Variety of patients
Echo Cardiographer (PRN) (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 26, 2013
Learned a lot, performed variety of pathological echo, guided by highly experienced sonographers.
Not worth the try
Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 17, 2012
STHS don't care about their employees, only about senior management.
work experiance
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 12, 2012
Registered patients for emergency room, collected co pays, and did all the data entry. Hardest part was addapting to the schedule due to it rotates throw all tree shifts.
Pros
was able to cross train
Cons
worked holidays and weekends
major turnover all the time
Trauma program manager (Former Employee) –  McAlenMarch 13, 2012
bad job experience. Never had I experienced micro managing until I started working at STHS.
Cons
administrative changes needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Texas Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

South Texas Health System Reviews by Location