SOUTH TEXAS RADIOLOGY GROUP Employee Reviews

Busy company, great people to socialize and work with
180 hour Clinical Externship (Office Assistant) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2012
My typical day usually involved sorting hundreds of radiology reports from numerous local hospitals on a daily basis and performing other duties as needed within my scope of knowledge, understanding and abilities to do the tasks that needed to be completed.

Management was supportive of my needs and I was given minimum supervision other than occasional progress checks and assistance with any problems I encountered. I was also provided access to the local computer network for those tasks where I needed to have patient information at hand for that purpose.

Nearly all of the co-workers I encountered were amicable as well as professional, and helped me whenever I needed it.

My most difficult task encountered was utilizing a particular software application while doing patient research. I was unable to grasp how to manipulate the program to get what information I needed, and it slowed me down a lot. Eventually, I was relieved from that task when more experienced operators became available, but was given compliments for the work I had been able to complete.

Since I was an extern, I didn't have much time to develop concrete relationships over the course of two months, but it made me feel good to be able to help others get their workload reduced to a more manageable level.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Professional Medical Processing and Billing
Payment Processor/ (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2013
I'm a proud worker for one of the biggest medical facilities in San Antonio. I started out as a correspondence clerk, defined as creating folders for mails processed to us to post denials on why the insurance wont pay on certain procedures. I worked so hard i was promoted to a payment processor, and on my why to that promotion i developed my skills in almost every aspect in my department, denials, payments, and legal. My fun being there was to involve myself in every thing could, i volunteering to be on the comity team organizing special events, dinners, and anything that needs to be done in the department. Recently i was voted in and became a fire warden in insuring safety first. I have great people around to be able to exceed my expectations in every level of knowledge.
Pros
improving my medical skills in all departments
Cons
very little pay
while working could listen to music through earplugs
Credit Balance Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be to getting to work to meet numbers at the end of the day. What I learned from this job were the coverage's for health insurance, communicating with insurance companies, and being team player. Management would not come around unless there was a problem that was reported or you were meeting their standards. Coworkers for the most part stayed to themselves and the hardest part of the job was trying to meet your numbers when problems arise and had to take to management, the most enjoyable part of the job was how they rewards for recognition and having the opportunity to cross train other positions in the department and room for advancement.
Pros
luncheons, set schedule, no weekends, overtime
Cons
pay not enough
Data Coder Assistant and a Coder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasFebruary 18, 2014
I enjoyed going to work and would always arrive early. I learned several skills while there. There was opportunity for advancement in the company. Job posting was always placed for inside before it went out. Some of the management was okay but there were some who didn't have a good people skills. Some of the management showed favoritism. I enjoyed most of the ones I worked with but there were some that I didn't care for. The toughest part of my job was trying to please the supervisors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the facilities I worked.
Pros
did give us free lunches as an appreciation.
Cons
lack of communication and to much favortism.
A typical day at work
Credit Balance Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2013
South Texas Radiology was a productivity driven company. Management was involve daily in your work accomplishments. My co-workers worked together to make sure the daily work load was completed. My job was to resolve credit balance on patients account. There were a lot of information to look up before the account could be resolved. You had to research Explanation of Benefits to see if all information was properly posted.Most of the time the patient over paid on the account. This job was enjoyable because this is the first time I worked the accounting department of a medical facility.
Great job, Great benefits, Not so great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2012
The job was amazing, somewhat endless possibilities to learn and the benefits were very good. The management, including team leaders, were not so great. They don't handle stress very well nor do they respect their employees. The hardest part of the job is trying not to step on peoples toes, if you weren't liked someone will try to get you fired or make everyday almost impossible. If you were liked you were sure to get the highest raises, possibility for advancement, etc. This company does not value hard working people. They only value seniority, people they like, etc.
Micro managed; horrible employee morale
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXJune 3, 2012
A very stressful place to work; every aspect of your day is micro managed; management feels they have to control every minute you are there including sending everyone to break at same time; training is non existent; lack of communication; no respect for employees who are referred to as idiots and being stupid.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad management, poor employee morale
Great people
Medical Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 1, 2014
Excellent benefits and Nice work environment. The hardest part of the job is having new management all the time. The co-workers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
benefits
Cons
management turn over.
i felt out of place
medical billing office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2014
felt like an outsider and idnt in with my co workers. the work was very boring . they did have great benefits.
Pros
great bennifits
Cons
low pay and most people came off as racist
Was a very good place to work as my externship
claims (Former Employee) –  san antonio txNovember 15, 2011
i liked working their but was not the enviorment for me im more of a office type like doctors
Pros
a good hour of lunch, and 2 breaks through out the day
Cons
n/a