South University Online

South University Online Employer Reviews

Extensive work online and telephone
Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free tuition
Cons: stability
Speaking to 200+ students through internet or phone to discuss their classes and grades. Never was in the education field before and learned a lot about the different programs. Most enjoyable part of the job was the success of the students.
Good education
Full time student (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 13, 2013
More relaxed school setting, great teachers and interaction with other students.
Fun Work Place, Hight Standards
Online Professor of IT (Current Employee), AnywhereJuly 12, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: healthcare for adjunts is very expensive
South is an amazing company to work with, they value their employees and make it possible for us to work remotely from any location. The core values and the desires to help students achieve their goals is beyond any other company.
"Teach for us and believe the lies."
Full-Time Faculty (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 21, 2013
The management hides information from instructors, full-time faculty, and admissions. EDMC, the owner of South University, has already been sued by the government for its unethical practices. Do not think that South University has gotten better; the managers simply hide their own flaws by blaming others.
Fun place with fun employees
Student Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2012
Enjoyed my time there. Was a positive work experience that appreciates hard work/effort.
Productive workplace
Student Affairs/Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: schedule, management team
Cons: environment (economic)
During my time with South I have worked extensively with students in Student Financial Services, counseling and advising their next steps in regards to best use of Federal funding. My case load was up to 1000 student accounts at any time. In moving to Student Affairs I have become more involved in development and planning in regards to gainful employment – more... regulations and work flows to make our operations more accurate, appropriate, and efficient. In both departments I was a leader and trained/mentored new employees while developing trainings to support using systems more effectively in our day to day activities (primarily used ImageNow and CampueVue systems). The hardest part of my job is not having a reach to communicate within departments, which is a downfall of this company (in my opinion) and could provide many opportunities for improved efficiencies, communication, and operations/curriculum development moving forward. – less
very busy
Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free education
Cons: very busy schedule
Working with students who are not able to attend local schools so they take online classes.
One of the most organized online schools
Online Instructor of English (Current Employee), OnlineJuly 9, 2012
This school keeps you on your Ps and Qs and makes you appreciate the detail and care shown to the students.
SUO
Online Math Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineApril 14, 2012
Great place for online teaching/learning!
Courses are brief, usually taking five point five weeks.