Southampton Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
busy summer ED in very affluent Comunity
RN ED (Former Employee) –  eastern Long Island NYFebruary 10, 2016
I did this assignment from May to September every year for 3 years. I worked PACU the rest of the year but ED every summer. Although it seemed like there was adequate staff, the entire staff often missed lunch, and breaks were none existent on days and evenings. The night staff usually had their breaks. My normal shift was 11a to 11p. but because I was housed very close to hospital I often filled in on all the other shifts. This was a teaching hospital for the medical students at Stony Brook Medical school in NY. I often pre-cepted medical students who needed to learn to start IVs or insert catheters. The reason I kept going back to this hospital was the people that worked there. For the most part they were all very good at their jobs and cared a lot for the patients which were a very diverse mix of affluent to migrant workers as this part of NY is still very much a farming community.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
No breaks on Days and Evenings
great place
Radiologic Teachnologist (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work. Very clean, the doctors and staff taught me a lot. friendly environment - would recommend to anyone.
Fun, supportive, kind yet tough environment in which to work
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Southampton, NYOctober 3, 2015
The workload can be extreme especially when we are short staffed. But the lab staff in generally is very supportive and inviting. It was a tough start, but there is not a day that goes by that I am not ecstatic about being a member of the SHH family. The wages and benefits are as phenomenal as my co-workers. When I started I knew in under a year that while employed at SHH, I would never work again. Why? Because when you love your job it is no longer consider work. No I am not a manager.
Pros
Colleagues, Wages, Benefits
Cons
Commute
Healthy at Any Age
Coordinator and Director of Wellness (Current Employee) –  Southampton, NYApril 12, 2015
The most rewarding part of my job is the fact that I help elderly people get healthy everyday with a no cost exercise program that I helped to implement.
Pros
Location, the employees and the patients.
Cons
No insurance
learned more experence about the health field and hospital surroundings
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJune 4, 2014
enjoyed my peers in security and other staff in the hospital setting,also learned to handle famous personal in the ER setting.
Pros
learned different ways to restrain and comfort patients in hospital setting
Cons
long drive to and from east end.
it was a wonderful ,exciting,challenging and supportive envionment
R.N. Obstetrics,Labor, Delivery, Post partum (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYDecember 9, 2013
I loved every moment I spent as a part of this incredible team.
Best hospital
Radiologic Student (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYAugust 6, 2013
Southampton Hospital was one of my clinical rotation hospitals. The hospital was a great, and their staff was also wonderful. All the technologists and managers are all willing to help me and teach me. They shared their unique techniques with me, to enhance my skills so I can produce better quality images.
i was per diem 2 years,,picked up lab specimens and worked security desk
Security Guard/ Courier (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYSeptember 6, 2012
no comment it was a job people were very nice. but being a hospital it was at time stressful
I love where I work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Southampton, NYMay 24, 2012
I love southampton hospital. This is a small community based hospital that truly does it's best to serve our clients. I work with some of the best clinicians around. Together we have a common goal to be the best little hospital around.
small 240 bed hospital seasonally challenging
physical therapy assistance (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYMay 21, 2012
all phases of inpatient and out patient physical therapy and rehabilitation hospital in an affluent area, summers with large case loads
Pros
variety, challeneges
Cons
no advancement, poor benefits

4.4