Southampton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
I truly miss my co-workers and the patients in this small community hospital. This community truly needs it but not how it is currently being run.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VANovember 5, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical work day here. Your responsibilities and expectations continually change and are extremely situational. Non-supportive management and corrupt Administration. Could be an excellent place to work if a couple of power positions were finally replaced by impartial, honest, and people with the upmost integrity.
Pros
Loved my fellow colleages and the close community we cared for.
Cons
Hardly got a break, understaffed for the workload you are resonsiblr for, Administration is corrupt.
Great day of providing patients with meals daily.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work would require clocking in, washing hands effectively, and preparing your station. You learned to prepare food stations and clean the stations after finishing a fast-paced tray line to get meals to customers in a timely manner.
Working the ER Admissions
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 9, 2015
Enjoy working with my co-workers and learning from them. Everyday is different working in an Emergency Room you never know what is coming in the hospital at any time. I enjoy helping and being around people and helping them any way I can. You have people come in and really need someone to speak to and find out information and when you are able to do that it makes you very great inside. Being respectable and polite can go along way with someone that needs it. Seeing people leaving and coming by the desk and saying Thank you for your help and everything you did.
Pros
Helping people and making a difference.
Cons
The main thing about management it is not consistence, there are favorites in the favorites in the department and treated differently from everyone, I do not agree with that everyone should be treated equally
Taking care of people was a blessing
Cook (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at Southampton Memorial Hospital was a great day. I was a cook and a dish-washer. I learned different types of foods and also learned more about cooking. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management. Most of all my co-workers was older so they knew a lot about the hospital and cooking so I was all in on learning new things. The hardest part was moving fast. The most enjoyable part was making someone smile.
Great place to grow
Medical records (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 9, 2015
I volunteer at Southampton Memorial Hospital. I work at the information desk and also in medical records. It's an awesome place to work!
Pros
Great people to be around, good learning experience
Good working environment, lousy pay
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  FRANKLIN, VAMay 13, 2015
I love my job here, except for the pay. I feel like after 20 years in the same position, I should be making more than someone just coming in. I have currently moved to nc and am looking for something closer.
Pros
GOOD CO-WORKERS, ENJOY MY JOB
Cons
LOUSY PAY RATE, COMMUTE TIME TO WORK
Work to the bone for no chance of promotion or raise. Will only go far if you are any relation to someone in administration.
Admission Registrar (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 18, 2014
You will only go far with them if you are of some relation to someone in the establishment. I worked 126hrs. in two weeks only to be meet with belittlement from upper management. Not family friendly if your child or loved ones get sick they do not care and will write you up for calling out. Most terrible work experience ever.
Pros
give you uniform for free
Cons
all the above
Love working there very energetic productive environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAMarch 1, 2013
Typical work day for me I set my goals within my department and achieved them. I learned the ins and outs of the lab how to be productive.I really enjoyed the management team. I worked well with my co-workers. I had no hard parts of the job. My most enjoyable moments were the clients and patients making them smile and knowing that I have impacted someone's life.
Pros
i enjoyed the team work and the pot lucks.
People working together to get the job done.
TELEMETRY TECH PRN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VADecember 30, 2012
This was a very interesting and hectic job, I remember dreaming about monitors in my sleep. But I learned a lot in this position. The hardest part of this job was reading all the different heart rate changes accurately, because this can be a matter of life or death, so you had to read a lot to get a good understanding of what you are seeing and why. I also really enjoyed the people that I worked with they were kind and very helpful.
Pros
saving lives one beat at a time.
Cons
hereing monitors in my sleep.
Enjoyed the community involvement.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 2, 2012
Productive, management cared about their employees. Co-workers were genuinely caring. Hardest part completely finishing your work in a timely manner. Overwhelming at times. It seemed like everyone was watching the clock, no overtime at all.
Pros
within driving distance of home.
Cons
no breaks.
Enjoyed my experience
Admissions Clerk/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAMarch 24, 2013
Meet and built a rapport with alot of interesting and wonderful people from all aspects of life some whom I still interact with today. Truly had a wonderful experience working in this establishment. It made me feel good that at the end of the4 day I not only helped people but I made relationships with people I normally wouldnt have.
Pros
wonderful staff and working environment
small town hospital mentality
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VADecember 21, 2012
overall I enjoyed working with the residents, but the staff was difficult to work with and problems felt like they were never resolved
Pros
small community
Cons
lack of support from management
A new challenge each day.
RN ,ICU staff and charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 24, 2013
Work 12hours day in ICU,Ihave from 2to 3 pt's depending on the census.
Learned and still learning on manging time ,
CO-workers work together.
Hardest part of the job is leaving on time.
Everyone cares about each other.
Pros
everyone thinks of the pt 's care
Cons
multi tasking takes up more time away from ptcare.
Great place
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  CT DepartmentJuly 11, 2014
I worked in the CT department and enjoyed working with the staff. It was a great place to learn. I enjoyed with working with the patients the as well. I lived rather close to this hospital and it made it very easy to get too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southampton Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6