Southampton Memorial Hospital

Southampton Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place
CT Technologist (Former Employee), CT DepartmentJuly 11, 2014
I worked in the CT department and enjoyed working with the staff. It was a great place to learn. I enjoyed with working with the patients the as well. I lived rather close to this hospital and it made it very easy to get too.
A new challenge each day.
RN ,ICU staff and charge nurse (Current Employee), Franklin, VAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: everyone thinks of the pt 's care
Cons: multi tasking takes up more time away from ptcare.
Work 12hours day in ICU,Ihave from 2to 3 pt's depending on the census.
Learned and still learning on manging time ,
CO-workers work together.
Hardest part of the job is leaving on time.
Everyone cares about each other.
Enjoyed my experience
Admissions Clerk/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Franklin, VAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff and working environment
Meet and built a rapport with alot of interesting and wonderful people from all aspects of life some whom I still interact with today. Truly had a wonderful experience working in this establishment. It made me feel good that at the end of the4 day I not only helped people but I made relationships with people I normally wouldnt have.
Love working there very energetic productive environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Franklin, VAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed the team work and the pot lucks.
Typical work day for me I set my goals within my department and achieved them. I learned the ins and outs of the lab how to be productive.I really enjoyed the management team. I worked well with my co-workers. I had no hard parts of the job. My most enjoyable moments were the clients and patients making them smile and knowing that I have impacted someone's – more... life. – less
People working together to get the job done.
TELEMETRY TECH PRN (Former Employee), Franklin, VADecember 30, 2012
Pros: saving lives one beat at a time.
Cons: hereing monitors in my sleep.
This was a very interesting and hectic job, I remember dreaming about monitors in my sleep. But I learned a lot in this position. The hardest part of this job was reading all the different heart rate changes accurately, because this can be a matter of life or death, so you had to read a lot to get a good understanding of what you are seeing and why. – more... I also really enjoyed the people that I worked with they were kind and very helpful. – less
small town hospital mentality
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Franklin, VADecember 21, 2012
Pros: small community
Cons: lack of support from management
overall I enjoyed working with the residents, but the staff was difficult to work with and problems felt like they were never resolved
Enjoyed the community involvement.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Franklin, VAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: within driving distance of home.
Cons: no breaks.
Productive, management cared about their employees. Co-workers were genuinely caring. Hardest part completely finishing your work in a timely manner. Overwhelming at times. It seemed like everyone was watching the clock, no overtime at all.