Southcentral Foundation Employee Reviews

Fun working program
RAISE Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2017
This job was only a temporary summer job. They chose our locations to work, they paid while I was in summer school then had us go to their property grounds and work for a couple hours.
Pros
Paid us during summer school
Great environment
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 14, 2017
I had a good experience while working at Southcentral Foundation. I enjoyed the environment, had great management, and felt I could handle my duties. I would recommend Southcentral Foundation to a friend or family member.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 26, 2017
Working together with the Native Community to achieve wellness through health and related services. A Health organization that promoted physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness.
Pros
Competetive Pay, Excellent Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work at with extensive benefits
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work at with great benefits and pay as an employee. Good people, great learning opportunities. Great place to be a part of something big to continually help others.
Quiet and relaxed job environment
Patient Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 16, 2017
I was assigned certain coding assignments for the day. We recorded our time mngt with timed breaks. Very quiet to concentrate. Manager was there to help
Pros
free gym, educational leave, educational support, great health benefits
Cons
open bay workstations
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 16, 2017
This is a great please to work. There is a lot of higher education and training opportunities at SCF. They value the voice of the employee and customer owners.
Administrative Assistant
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 8, 2017
This company is rich in culture and it great that we do an longer period of New Hire Orientation to prep us in the everyday typical day of work. Flexible.
Pros
Wellness Hour
Cons
Hard to move up
Excellent place to work with amazing benefits
NATIVE MEN'S WELLNESS INTERN (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 28, 2017
The employees are very kind and helpful. The company provides numerous opportunities for advancement and incredible training programs. Lots of food too during the programs.
Productive & good workplace.
RAISE Intern II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 11, 2017
Awesome work experience, I loved the time I was working there. The RAISE program helped me develop work skills that I didn't have before I worked there. It is a good internship for 14-19 year olds.
Pros
1 hour lunch.
Cons
nothing.
Family Environment, but huge company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 8, 2017
Great company to work for. You feel like you are important even thought the company is huge. They take care of their employees. All the benefits are great.
Great people, great company
Native Men's Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 4, 2017
Excellent program for Native men in need of job hunting, how to keep a job. How to interact with the public, in a perosnal way and professionally. Excellent benifits.
Pros
Excellent training opportunities
Cons
Needs equal managfemnt for Males & Females.
Great People
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 25, 2017
Good environment with great people to work with. Environment where you can feel like you really belong. Excellent benefits. Great opportunity to advance yourself and your career.
Great company
Patients Accounts Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 13, 2017
Many happy employees the culture of the company is very balanced and encourage a family atmosphere. may be difficult for people coming from a corporate environment.
Family atmosphere with an emphasis on customer-service and work-life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 12, 2017
SCF is a place to settle in and work for the rest of your career. The emphasis of the company is relationship. Relationship with patients (i.e. "Customer-Owners") and relationship with fellow employees. This builds a strong sense of community and makes it a place to look forward to showing up to every day and making the services even better.
Pros
Generous benefit package
Job description
CMA (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 6, 2017
My day consists of running my own clinic, collecting specimens, interacting with Lab, assisting providers when needed.
I have learned so much in my time here with SCF. They have made sure we get all the up to date training from specimen collection, Medication administration and best ways to interact with one anther and patients.
Work place culture is amazing, the company ensures their employees are happy and well taken care of. They always make sure to take into consideration employee suggestions and you can rest assured that your religious and culture values will be respected.
I love my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Healthcare, co-workers, food
Employee ratio
Administrative Support III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 22, 2017
Too many people at the front desk at one time. it was intimidating for customer owners. it gave too much room for chit chatting and not doing the work
Pros
large campus
Cons
too many employees at the front desk
Internship within the RAISE program at SCF
Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 14, 2017
8 hour days 5 days a week. Learned to greet customers with great care. Answered phone calls and helped clean up the office. Good management. Great workplace culutre.
Great work place
Case Management Support (CMS) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2017
SCF is a great company that concentrate on the employees and their wellness and personal lives. A good day is a busy day, phone calls from the minute you log in to the minute you log out. Since I started CMS work, I learn everyday about my Provider and how she would like things done, very particular. Atmosphere here at work is just like a family, I love it. Hardest part of my job is having to be constantly talked to while on phone or by person, vice versa. I get pleasure out of helping others and them acknowledging you by end of the day.
Pros
always snacks
Cons
always snacks
Worked in healthcare field in the administrative area
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 7, 2017
Entering data in database, fowarding mail to different subordinates, transferring data between departments, filing documents, working well with associates within departments, building rapport with work groups.
Pros
Benefits are good and you build good business relationships
Cons
Tedious filing, and sometimes work overload but worth putting effort on.
An unforgettable workplace
National Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 26, 2017
I was hired while completing my externship. In doing my externship I went through orientation just as any new-hire would as well. With that, I did not have to repeat my orientation but was given a position in Family Medicine to work alongside a Nurse Practitioner/Midwife and on the days that I floated, I covered other medical assistants and worked with a number of different providers from MDs, DOs, to working in the OBYGN department. While working at Southcentral Foundation (SCF) I was able to experience what it was like to have a work family. We were not only co-workers but our relationships towards each other and our customer-owners (patients) was our number one goal. We had a vision to empower our customer-owner's health and the clinical environment. SCF offered educational classes, educational groups, and also spiritual healing etc. which were both offered to the employees as well as the customer-owners. I don't think I'll ever find a better work place such as SCF. The family and friendships I built here will last forever!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcentral Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3