Southcentral Foundation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace working with women and their children.
Mental Health Worker/Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone in the program and with the children. My supervisor was great and always encouraged me to do better and do more for job advancements/progression. Great place to work!
Pros
easy-going and friendly work environment
Cons
short lunch break
Laid back, fun place to work. I love the relationship between the medical assistants and the providers.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same as the day before. Everyone has a great personality and is very friendly. There is always someone trying to help you. I loved doing my externship here.
Productive and enjoyable with reconciling credit card.
Accounting Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2016
*Having a heavy work load to keep busy for the day.
*I have learned how to reconcile credit card statements.
*I have good time management.
*I enjoy working with my co-workers.
*The hardest part of my job is my computer being super slow.
*Reconcile all travel credit card statement within one day.
Pros
Earning a movie ticket.
Cons
Not getting enough sleep
Great co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 1, 2015
Great people to work with, lots of get tog ethers in the office or after hours. Very understanding when it came to family. Not much room for advancement. A lot of long term employees.
Pros
Family oientated
Cons
30 min lunch
Great company
Health Benefits Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 28, 2015
Plenty of room for growth. Great foot in the door training with the Administrative Support Training Program. I enjoyed the multiple benefits offered while employed with this company.
productive fun work environment in the Pediatrics Clinic
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 23, 2015
Answered phones, scheduled appointments, checked in patients, verified information over the phone and in person, utilized copy/fax machine, worked in MS Word, Excel, mentored new employees, worked closely with up to 5 Medical Providers
Pros
great benefits and work environment
Cons
wonderful workplace rich in Native culture
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKJuly 15, 2015
i truly enjoyed my time with southcentral foundation. They are about health first: both for their clients and their employes.
A Great Opportunity!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 22, 2015
I loved working for Southcentral Foundation. They support your personal life as much as your work life and there are endless possibilities to excel and grow within the company. This company strives off of giving it's employee's every opportunity to reach their own career goals while enjoying their job.
Pros
All around environment & atmosphere.
Cons
None.
Enjoyed the work. Always enjoy helping otheres
Procurement Tech. IV (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AkMarch 9, 2015
The day starts off well. Folks submitting your orders to us. The days goes by very fast. The co-workers were excellent to work with.
Frienldly work place
Admin 2 (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 1, 2015
Some work environments was nice, had a good learning experience and they let people advance in their field.
I enjoyed working because I got to know not only the coworkers but the customer owners also.
Pros
lot of potlucks in diffrent clinics
Cons
some managers
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 9, 2015
Enjoyed working in a hospital setting, especially in the back office doing phone work. I learned the basics of working in a hospital, such as the medical laws.
Pros
full time, great pay
Cons
temporary position
steady paced, sociable, knowledgeable workplace.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  anchorage, akJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed learning, growing and advancing with this company. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone in the medical field or office.
Pros
great benefits, social environment.
Cons
none.
fun and educational
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2014
Receptionist, phone room and Case Management Support. We did multi tasking and rotated positions. Answer phones, assist with daily charts in proper areas for easy checking customer owner in. Deliever Faxes to proper offices and always quality check your work.Other duties assigned daily.
Pros
good learning fields
Cons
need more permanent jobs
Great work experience
Medical Records Custodian (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 11, 2014
People on the job are good people to work with. I've learn new medical acronyms that medical professionals use to communicate with each other and billing insurances and government.
Pros
updated computers and great confidencialy for clients.
Cons
no dental insurance
Job Advancement
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 31, 2014
Training provided with pay
Great work hours
Team work is keep
Great benefits, with a focus on employee wellness
Clinical Associate II (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 26, 2014
A typical day at work would be to come in before the residents were awake, ensure that everybody got up and got ready for breakfast and school on time, and then help out during classes wherever needed. I was responsible for providing group teachings almost everyday, and then spending time documenting those teachings for each resident that was present. Sometimes upper management seemed pretty clueless, as we were almost constantly understaffed and my supervisors/managers had to fight pretty hard to have fun things approved for our residents. My co-workers were all great, but everybody always looks so overworked. There is generally a feel of camaraderie, as we have to work together as a team or we sink. The hardest part of my job was keeping all of the plates spinning day-in and day-out. The most enjoyable part for me was working with the residents. It was very difficult working with these residents, but the knowledge that most of them were ultimately appreciative and learned a variety of new skills made it feel worth it.
Pros
free lunches, the residents can be a lot of fun, and great co-workers
Cons
working lunches, very few breaks, hecktick workplace, every task is made to feel like a priority
Productive and beneficial work skills, in the Pediatric Clinic
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2014
Self starting, very pleasant people to work with, Great teamwork atmosphere, I acquired great customer service skills, proficiency in all MS office software, as well as other software for medical use. I learned how to multi-task on a high level, and work as an individual as well as a team member. Management was helpful in all areas when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with unruly customers, but I handled myself well in all situations when they arose. I enjoyed working with a great team, and learning new things on a regular basis.
Pros
working with children
Excellent Place to work
Patient Accounts Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 8, 2014
Southcentral foundation has taught me many things. The main source was customer service is a high priority with in all communities. I have learn patience, respect, knowledge, systems, people of all cultures and sourroundings...Managers are very friendly and will take the time to teach you in a timely manner of your work area. They will provide you the training you are needing for your duties and will strive you to move upward in a work area. They also have high expectations on family and education and will work with you when any problems may occur. I hightly recommend this work area to anyone who is in a health career field.
Pros
overtime approved and family orientated.
Cons
just dont get on the bad side of manager....
Productive Job Search.
Clinical Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 22, 2013
-A typical day at work is lots of open communication.
-I've learned to be persistent and how to betted work independantly.
-Management is good at communicating but I personally think there are too many supervisors controlling the same department.
-My co-workers are accepting and understanding and use good communication.
-The hardest part of the job is that it is a 24hour facility so if family issues or emergencies come up it is hard to get time off.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is working with teens, building a relationship and seeing change in their lives.
Challenging workplace
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 18, 2013
Great place to work but management was terrible and micromanagement was rampant.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
micromanagement

4.2