Southcentral Foundation

Southcentral Foundation Employee Reviews

Great work place
Case Management Support (CMS) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2017
SCF is a great company that concentrate on the employees and their wellness and personal lives. A good day is a busy day, phone calls from the minute you log in to the minute you log out. Since I started CMS work, I learn everyday about my Provider and how she would like things done, very particular. Atmosphere here at work is just like a family, I love it. Hardest part of my job is having to be constantly talked to while on phone or by person, vice versa. I get pleasure out of helping others and them acknowledging you by end of the day.
Pros
always snacks
Cons
always snacks
Worked in healthcare field in the administrative area
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 7, 2017
Entering data in database, fowarding mail to different subordinates, transferring data between departments, filing documents, working well with associates within departments, building rapport with work groups.
Pros
Benefits are good and you build good business relationships
Cons
Tedious filing, and sometimes work overload but worth putting effort on.
Opprotunistic, promoting a healthy life mentally and physically.
Patient Account Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
SouthCentral Foundation is very open and open-minded about different ways to becoming more healthy physically, mentally and spiritually while professionally working together to better the native culture and Alaska as a whole. Professionally, in the area that I was in, it seemed as if the managers were hiring within friends and not hiring within SCF, the native culture and so on due to some of the people that were hired were not as qualified or not as qualified as they had protrade themselves to be when they did come into SCF.
Pros
Too many benifits to working within SCF I miss it.
Cons
Hire within friends and its hard to get promoted and the pay could be better.
The company live out the mission, vision, and values.
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 26, 2016
This is by far, the best company I have been privileged to work with and for. Great care is given to training and development.
Each week employees can take a wellness hour (paid) to engage in physical activities.
Pros
Caring, respectful environment for employees and for customer-owners.
Cons
Short, to no breaks, if working residential.
must work at a fast pase
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 5, 2017
each cma has a doctor and you make your schedule to meet his/hers there are a lot of new people to meat and understand. there is never a dull moment. if you need help you can get it if your liked
An unforgettable workplace
National Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 26, 2017
I was hired while completing my externship. In doing my externship I went through orientation just as any new-hire would as well. With that, I did not have to repeat my orientation but was given a position in Family Medicine to work alongside a Nurse Practitioner/Midwife and on the days that I floated, I covered other medical assistants and worked with a number of different providers from MDs, DOs, to working in the OBYGN department. While working at Southcentral Foundation (SCF) I was able to experience what it was like to have a work family. We were not only co-workers but our relationships towards each other and our customer-owners (patients) was our number one goal. We had a vision to empower our customer-owner's health and the clinical environment. SCF offered educational classes, educational groups, and also spiritual healing etc. which were both offered to the employees as well as the customer-owners. I don't think I'll ever find a better work place such as SCF. The family and friendships I built here will last forever!
All places are fun .
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 24, 2016
I get to work early and stay late. I have learned to take my time and look at what is ahead, and plan for it. All of my co-works that I have worked with said that I always do a good job for them. For me there is no hard part about any job, the best part is when I nave people tell me that the food that I have made for them was Great.
Fabulous Company to work with!
Case management administration support (Former Employee) –  2 EAST CLINICNovember 19, 2016
This Work was culturally sensitive, and the training was beyond what I hoped for! All around great place to work for! I loved Core Concept programs
n/a
Benefits Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2016
Overall, the employees and the care for the employees are great. Especially for the Customer Owners. The hardest part is the department i was working for didn't have a structured process for work.
Great for any level at any position
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 4, 2016
You can come in with absolutely no skills and build your professional experience from the ground up! There is lots of room to advance as well!
Pros
Full-time employees receive on hour of Wellness Time each week! Tobacco-free campus

Want to know more about Southcentral Foundation?

Ask a question
excelent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 15, 2016
excellent company to work for, great benefits; life insurance, medical, 401k, sick pay, paid holidays, vacation days. Great opportunities for advancement. ASTP program trans staff extensively for the job of administrative support.
Productive and enjoyable with reconciling credit card.
Accounting Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2016
*Having a heavy work load to keep busy for the day.
*I have learned how to reconcile credit card statements.
*I have good time management.
*I enjoy working with my co-workers.
*The hardest part of my job is my computer being super slow.
*Reconcile all travel credit card statement within one day.
Pros
Earning a movie ticket.
Cons
Not getting enough sleep
Productive and fun workplace working with women and their children.
Mental Health Worker/Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone in the program and with the children. My supervisor was great and always encouraged me to do better and do more for job advancements/progression. Great place to work!
Pros
easy-going and friendly work environment
Cons
short lunch break
Wonderful work atmosphere
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2016
Like every job it had it's downsides and each program/department will be different but overall the culture is comfortable and makes working there very nice. Good holidays and vacation time, lots of opportunity to move up or to different departments. Lots of experience to get here.
Laid back, fun place to work. I love the relationship between the medical assistants and the providers.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same as the day before. Everyone has a great personality and is very friendly. There is always someone trying to help you. I loved doing my externship here.
busy and fun place
getting to know customers
good advancement
A Great Opportunity!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 22, 2015
I loved working for Southcentral Foundation. They support your personal life as much as your work life and there are endless possibilities to excel and grow within the company. This company strives off of giving it's employee's every opportunity to reach their own career goals while enjoying their job.
Pros
All around environment & atmosphere.
Cons
None.
productive fun work environment in the Pediatrics Clinic
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 23, 2015
Answered phones, scheduled appointments, checked in patients, verified information over the phone and in person, utilized copy/fax machine, worked in MS Word, Excel, mentored new employees, worked closely with up to 5 Medical Providers
Pros
great benefits and work environment
Productive and beneficial work skills, in the Pediatric Clinic
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2014
Self starting, very pleasant people to work with, Great teamwork atmosphere, I acquired great customer service skills, proficiency in all MS office software, as well as other software for medical use. I learned how to multi-task on a high level, and work as an individual as well as a team member. Management was helpful in all areas when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with unruly customers, but I handled myself well in all situations when they arose. I enjoyed working with a great team, and learning new things on a regular basis.
Pros
working with children
Productive Job Search.
Clinical Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 22, 2013
-A typical day at work is lots of open communication.
-I've learned to be persistent and how to betted work independantly.
-Management is good at communicating but I personally think there are too many supervisors controlling the same department.
-My co-workers are accepting and understanding and use good communication.
-The hardest part of the job is that it is a 24hour facility so if family issues or emergencies come up it is hard to get time off.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is working with teens, building a relationship and seeing change in their lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcentral Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3