Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

Certain MA's were great to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MADecember 4, 2017
Enjoyed the patients...loved interacting with the patients...they become familiar to you and you develop friendships forever with them...particular MD's were great working with...
Cons
No breaks as an MA
Southcoast cancer center is the best!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 23, 2017
Southcoast cancer center is the best place in the world to work. May i start with the best patients!! Loving and caring here is wonderful. Medical assistants and nurses are beyond wonderful. And of course the phlebotomist!! No complaints!!
Pros
Patient care, co-workers
Cons
The pay and not enough help
Proactive and busy workplace
Team Lead, Systems and Storage Architecture (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 13, 2017
Overall busy atmosphere working in hospital environment with lots of projects to manage. Continuous improvement and work on new technologies with opportunities to grow.
Busy and stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 4, 2017
busy, stressful, poor support from management/admin
like many companies, cutting back on benefits
frequently missed breaks and meals
increased call time
Poor communication from senior leadership
Director of Clinical Engineering & Technology (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 23, 2017
Some good healthcare, but a difficult place to work. Constant rounds of down-sizing and financial pressures made this a challenging work environment.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
organizational culture
I work alone and I like it
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAOctober 22, 2017
I work at a time of day where there is only a need of 1 phlebotomist. Management stinks and pay is very low compared to other hospitals and we are a union where we should have better pay.
Pros
working alone
Cons
management stinks, low pay
Fast Paced!
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 16, 2017
Overall a great company to work for, however, location is key to your success. I would recommend a specialty department or one of the many smaller locations!
Pros
Multiple Locations
Cons
Depends on Location
Worst Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 17, 2017
The co-workers were petty, the office manager didn't know how to run an office, some doctors were inconsiderate and would show up late to run 2 hours behind and still continue to take breaks to make people wait(if brought up to the office manager we get the write ups), and SPG has a low pay rate to deal with bull.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, petty co-workers, horrible office manager
Patient Focused
Assistant Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 14, 2017
The environment is patient centered. The staff works together to make patients feels they are our # 1 priority.
The management is very proactive in making the staff feel appreciated.
Great Benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 14, 2017
Very hard work.
Team leaders can be very helpful
Graduating Nurses are no help refuse to do personal care and get away with it (especially the young ones
It is a fun place to work. The administration is horrible! The only arecncered about the nursing stafff. It seems no one really matters o them.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MASeptember 4, 2017
I just wrote this in the review summary , it's a fun place to work, but I don't feel administration listens to anyone except nursing.They seem to be short staffed a lot. Hiring process is extremely long. Many extra hours of work is excepted do to those shortages. I would still recommend working there because it is fun. The staff is amazing.
Pros
Co workers.. 403b
Cons
Lack of concern for staff fro ministration. Except out boss. He's great.
Health Information Technology Internship
Information Technology internship (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 26, 2017
I completed 225 hours over a three month period working primarily with one of the systems analysts on several IT projects as described in the body of the resume.
good experience
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 18, 2017
good experience but just not enough help in the office to keep up with great health care... I really don't have anything bad to say again a great experience
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAAugust 16, 2017
This company is wonderful to work for. They provide excellent patient care and a competitive salary. They are involved with the communities they represent and always strive for excellence.
A typical day in the office would range from very busy with multiple providers seeing 30+ patient's a day to very slow when only 1 doctor is in the office the entire day.
The most enjoyable part to this job, has definitely been getting to know the patient's on a more personal level. They love to share their highs & lows and love to hear about what is going on with you as well. They are the main part of healthcare and why we do what we do. My patient's have enjoyed watching my daughter grow over the years through pictures on my desk and continue to ask about her and her future endeavors. They make my job easier and more enjoyable.
Work environment depends on co-workers
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 9, 2017
I worked in the surgery center and almost all the nurses were two-faced. Talk behind your back all the time. They would bad talk about the patients. Very negative environment...would not recommend anyone to get surgery there never mind a job.
Physicians and patients are lovely. Site administration is sub-par.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJuly 29, 2017
This is a satellite office. The physicians are top notch. The job is repetitive but lively because of the patient interaction. The clinical staff (medical assistants) are great at what they do.

Both the clerical and medical staff are seriously overworked and turnover is ridiculous. The office manager is oblivious and always MIA, but the physicians, co-workers, and patients make it worthwhile.
Pros
Free lunch most days.
Cons
Most employees feel unappreciated and overworked. It's a deadly combo.
No job security
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2017
Terrible place to work. Would not work here ever again. Horrible management, nasty doctors, terrible coworkers. Everyone seemed to e unhappy while working there.
good place to work, big company in health care
Certified Medical Assistant/TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 26, 2017
I have worked there for over 12 years. the work has changed so much and is very cumbersome at times. I try to rise to the challenge of the changes needed to perform in the job and help the patients with there medical care. SOuthcost makes great strides to keep up with the changing healthcare demands and is good with compensating there employees.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
constant challenges and changes
So so
RN (Current Employee) –  Chalton hospitalJune 25, 2017
Have worked there for many years. Benefits are awful but co workers are delightful. Hreat little hospital with many great qualities. Just not a great fit for myself because of benefits
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Overworked, underpayed
unknown
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 22, 2017
there are many things i liked about working here but also there are many i did not like for example i did not like that i am the only medical assistant seeing 20-25 patients on a normal day but i hardly get aknowledged. When i need a day off they always make an excuse that there is no coverage hence the reason why i havent not been able to get atleast 2 consecutive days off.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
not enough PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.