Southcoast Health System

Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

charge nurse on a medicare certified unit
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee), Fairhaven, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: love direct patient care
Cons: weekends
responsibilty and care of 20 plus pt's on a medicare certified unit who are in need of rehabilitation and are admitted for short term care
Overall a great job
Clerical Clerk (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Drug reps bring in lunch, works with schedule, great pay for when I was a student
SouthCoast Medical Group is a great workplace. For the most part it's professional atmosphere n staff is amazing. My physician worked there and I have no complaints. I learned about different insurance companies and how to work with phressa. The hardest part is probably dealing with a select few of rude patients.
Enjoyable Experience and Learned A lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of registering patients, and assisting doctors and nurses. Had a great relationship with coworkers and learned a lot about the healthcare field.
Overall a nice place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), New BedfordJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: pay, flexibility
Cons: advancement prospects
Work /life balance is good, compensation is very good, my position had little chance of advancement but that was made up for in the vast array of duties and interesting work that was available. Job was what you made of it. Review and raises were decent. Management provided plenty of guidance.
A Health care organization with a great vision, and challenge to deliver in these times of limited resources.
Director Heart Failure (CMH)/Electrophysiologist (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 6, 2015
An aggressively expanding health care system in Southern Massachusetts with a vision to provide Boston quality services to the population.
Fast pace facility
Cardiology Technician-perform ekg testing (Current Employee), New Bedford, MANovember 26, 2014
Great hospital to work for! Managment is very encouraging. Scheduling is never an issue. Alaways extra time to pick up. Great place to gain knowledge. Hardest part of the day is to not get too atached to patients and familys. If you like a chalenging fast pace facility this place is for you!
Nutrition Ambassador
Sodexo Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAOctober 8, 2014
The job requires understanding of diet restrictions and people skills.
The management is skilled and knowledgeable.
Great place to work, just like family.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches and the smiles on the childrens faces
Triaging patient, giving great customer service skills while working as a team player with my co-workers. I really enjoyed the fact that I worked in pediatrics watching the children grow up was awesome. Also, assisting the doctor to help kids better who were sick and just being there for the parents if they had any questions and concerns.
No chance for job advancement in the admin depts.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Fairhaven, MAMay 30, 2014
Most employees in the administrative departments have been there for 15+ years & have stagnated in their positions. No one advances, no one retires. If you are hired into a position you will have trouble advancing since new positions are not being added (due to cutbacks in costs in preparation for the new healthcare law), and no one I talked to is planning on retiring/advancing anytime before they qualify for Medicare. Their policies are draconian, and there is ZERO flexibility with most managers. The pay isn't bad, but it is also not what I would consider competitive. I've made more money in temporary positions with similar job functions, and I quit to take temp jobs just to be happy in my work environment. Oh & the cherry on top is that their healthcare insurance is terrible & only allows you to see their doctors. If they do not have a certain type of specialist & you have to go to a competitor (like a Steward Healthcare dr), then you pay "tier 3" co-payments. Their dental insurance is really good however.
Good Place to Work
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 8, 2014
Good teamwork
Doctors are great.
Nurse Practitioners are good.
A productive and growing medical company
Clerical Team Leader (Current Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: working monday through friday
A typical work day at Southcoast Medical group involves a lot of employees who are like family members to one another away from home. I meet and greet patients from all different cultures and backgrounds. Getting to know patients on a more friendlier level as the visit the doctor.I enjoy learning new material and software that the company provides to accommodate the needs and personal information of the patients.
Lack of integrity
Anatomic Pathology Manager (Interim) (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: pay is decent, cmo is great, cafeterias are nice
Cons: it is slow!!!!!
Job culture sounds great after a number (5) interviews but once hired on, you'll find they don't "walk the talk", lacking integrity!
I loved my job as the Director's Secretary and worked with some of the most caring and dedicated professionals. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Secretary to the Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee), New Bedford, MANovember 13, 2013
Pros: great people, wonderful company to work for, good cafeteria food especially clam chowder
Cons: so busy that often there were days that work i wanted to get done had to be put aside, short staffed hospital wide.
I worked in the business office in one of the busiest Emergency Department's in Massachusetts. Caring for 80,000 patient/yr, it was an honor to be a part of an amazing team of professionals. My role was the Director's Secretary. I provided clerical and Administrative support to the Director and the Leadership team of Managers, Resource Nurses, Business and Quality Managers. My days consisted of handling extremely busy calendars, booking meetings, attending meetings, recording minutes, typing, tracking licenses and certifications for all staff (230), preparing paperwork for performance self-assessments and evaluation, maintaining education and personnel files, creating powerpoint presentations, participation on several committees; to name a few. The Director and Managers in the business office were a pleasure to work with. We learned a lot from each other and provided support by helping out in any way we could. My responsibilities were diverse in nature and many of my days were filled with continual interruptions. I am very organized and work well under pressure; therefore my ability to handle stress and complete projects in a timely manner was impeccable.I recently relocated to New Hampshire (spouse job opportunity) and miss my job and the wonderful people I got to work with on a daily basis. They were like family to me and the hardest part of the job was having to leave it.
Office Evniroemnt
MIS PMO Intern (Current Employee), Fairhaven, MAJuly 30, 2013
I learned Project Management, Process improvement. Most enjoyable part of the day.
Great management
SDC Coder (Current Employee), Fairhaven, MAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work remotely
Great co workers and management make SCHG a super employer.
Fun place to work
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Fairhaven, MAJuly 22, 2013
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day involves researching, contacting clients, identifying and solving problems.
Fast paced urgent care, great patients, great physicians
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAApril 17, 2013
Pros: well run, organized urgent care center
Cons: long work hours and week ends required
This is a great place to work - the clinic is well organized, the physician owner is very caring and compassionate, a great MD.
Good place for hospital experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAMarch 28, 2013
Pros: local, hospital experience
Cons: short staffing, low pay, stressful
SouthCoast Hospitals group, a good place to work for hospital experience. However, RN pay grade is not great. Very stressful place to work, short staffing system wide. Too much upper management strain on regular staff.
I Actually LOVE My Job!!
Check-In Clerk (Current Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: hour lunch <3
Cons: lack of communication among management.
My supervisor is so understanding that I have a special needs child and anytime I need to take off for various appointments she never hesitates to let me off or question me :-)
Excellent organization to work.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAJanuary 27, 2013
Excellent organization to work many opportunities for growth. Organization is extremely supportive of employees and strives to support the work life balance.