Southeast Alabama Medical Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 12, 2017
I loved my job when I worked there. I worked closely with the doctors. It was a busy environment but very organized to be an emergency room. I loved the interactions with the patients.
overall good employer
medical coder (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 28, 2017
overall good place to work. unfortunately was laid off due to optimization and reduction in force. Manager and supervisor needed to be better than they were. manager was not really doing her job as I saw needed. Should have been more of a manager and not a friend to everyone.
Hard work. Long hours.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 27, 2017
Work can be strenuous at time. There is always job security at a hospital, however, the work can be difficult due to lack of support when the patient ratio is greater than the staff on the shift.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
Loved the fast paced work environment.
Assistant Personnel Director (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AL 36301June 3, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of Human Resources and the recruitment and coordination of employee activities. We had strong engagement among employees and it was wonderful to see.
Pros
Family environment.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun work place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 31, 2017
Great place to work. Great environment place of work. Great people to work with. An opportunity to learn different ways to help others. Awsome Management.
Pros
parking
Not that good
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 11, 2017
If you wanna work very hard for little pay and for a place that is constantly short staffed then this is the place for you!! There's very little team work, management doesn't care about their employees it's all about numbers and "optimization" . While it wasn't always bad 85% of the time it sucked!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Management, over worked under paid
Leading hospital within the community for technology.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 10, 2017
Typical 12 hour shifts for nurses, but a high nurse to patient ratio can be overwhelming. They are the leading site for technology in the medical field as far as the Wiregrass community goes.
Unit Secretary/PCA (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 3, 2017
I worked there 3 years and it was very promising. Great benefits and insurance. Employees work as a family and team. Employees are always working with their heart ability.
Great review
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 1, 2017
Great place and great people. Good paying job. Caring place to work at. Understanding ceo an boss. I have no complaint about that job.
Will always come back to this job
It's ok
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 30, 2017
The work is very steady, and it is very busy. However, the medical field is not for everyone. Make sure you are prepared to be a servant and that you can stay after hours to help out, and you will do fine here.
awesome environment with friendly staff
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
I very much appreciated the opportunity the lab manager gave me. 11 hour work days on the graveyard shift is hard on the body and the social life. That was my only complaint
Pros
location
Cons
hours of work
It was a great job, at first
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 21, 2017
Maintaining the Nurses station. I loved the exchange of information, learning something new each and every day.

The nurses station could be really busy or dead quiet. Those were the scary times.

Not being able to give the help a patient needed, when they needed it.

Each day, I had the opportunity to change a small part of someones life. Awesome responsibility
Pros
Great hours, great opportunity
Cons
Never enough Unit Secretaries to do all the work.
Okay place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 19, 2017
SAMC is a very quick paced, environment. In some instances it can be a great place to work but in some instances it isn't. There is a lot of favoritism that goes around. Most of the time it does not matter how hard you work and how well you do your job, it matters if you fit in to the group you work with and whether or not one of their friends is waiting to be hired. The insurance is okay, it used to be better, but it's all about the bottom line and saving money not employee satisfaction. Hardest part of the job is surviving the people that don't want you around. The best part of the job is if you like what you do, you'll love where you work.
Pros
Pays good, lots of departments.
Cons
Making cuts and that includes jobs. A lot of favoritism.
Productive workforce
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 3, 2017
You have a lot of autonomy at this facility. You will definitely
be put to the test of what you learned in school. Interaction with physicians are a must and you must be comfortable conversing with other health care professionals.
great
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 2, 2017
loved my job. the only draw back is when you retire, you cant go back except as per diem. but if you quit and give a 2 weeks notice you can get rehired full time. that doesn't seem fair.
Great Place to Work
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 19, 2017
I worked in N&FS for 10 years. It was a great work environment. I gained a lot of experience and worked with many great people. I enjoyed working in the cafeteria and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job for me, was having to come in and complete work the previous shift felt they didn't have to do. Some of the supervisors have "favorites", so those select people are not penalized for not doing their work.
Pros
Relaxed environment, wonderful pay and benefits, caring co-workers, shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Cons
Unprofessional supervisors, favortism within the department, different rules and consequences for different people.
Awesome
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 10, 2017
Great Staff who are very hard working and knowledgeable about the specialties. The Instructor of my internship was very supportive and eager to share information giving me an opportunity to learn and grow.
Exciting place to work.
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 6, 2017
I've learned so much working at SAMC. The staff is amazing and I love interacting with patients. I wish more 1st shift jobs were available. The Benefits are amazing.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
I only work 2nd or 3rd shift
productive workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 27, 2017
Great company to work for with many avenues for growth. Many fields to choose from within your field with constant room for growth and advancement.
Pros
tuition rembursement
Cons
pay rate not the greatest
Overall a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 23, 2017
Currently undergoing many changes that I believe will help to make the hospital an even better place to work. With increases in pay already occurring and changes in staffing ratios beginning to occur, I believe the hospital is moving in the right direction to keep staff happy and enjoying their job.