Southeast Alabama Medical Center

Southeast Alabama Medical Center Employer Reviews

We provide excellent care to our patients.
RN, BSN (Former Employee), Dothan, ALNovember 18, 2014
Pros: it's close to home.
Cons: poor management.
This is a busy area, but overall I love it. I learn something new every day. Most of my co-workers are outstanding. The hardest part of each day is to see others or myself struggling related to circumstances outside of our control. The best thing about my job is new life and the joy it brings to others...I love being a part of that.
Busy critical care work
Patient Care Technician, Critical Care Unit (Former Employee), Dothan, AlabamaOctober 13, 2014
I was a patient care technician in the critical care unit. It was very busy, but a great learning experience. It helped me feel more comfortable with my CPR skills, as I used them more often than I would prefer to. It was great to help save lives, though. My specific job depended on the day because I was cross-trained to be able to be both a medical secretary and a patient care worker on the floor. This job was great to help me with medical terminology, as well as things I may need to know if I decide to continue with nursing school.
Excellent place to work
RN CRITICAL CARE (Former Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 9, 2014
Pros: overall good job
Cons: took awa;y too many benefits
Fast paced, too many patients for floor nurses, ER and CCU are the best place to work. 4th Floor and 6th floor ok to work floor. Do not work on 2nd or 5th floor
oncology
Oncology/ Medical Surgical nurse (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 25, 2014
Pros: stepping stone for learning
Cons: high patient load
As my first job I really learned what nursing was about and how the demands of oncology patients are definitely different from other patients.
Registration Representative/Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits and many opportunities for advancement
Cons: lack training in various departments
Good co workers and working environment with the ability to advance in certain areas and departments
Terrible job
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 30, 2014
Pros: my supervisor was a good woman and supervisor
Cons: everything else
Work conditions were horrible, like working in a small closet...team members were horrible to each other...work was overwhelming for such a small work area
Managers are terrible and retaliate when you go to HR
Cannot disclose (Current Employee), Dothan, AlabamaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good medical insurance
Cons: terrible managers, lead by fear, constant threats
I have worked here for 3 years, and although I like the people I work with, the management leads by fear. They keep you in fear of your job to keep you in line, and when you got to Human Resources they retaliate in some way with counseling sheets saying you aren't doing your job correctly. They always find some creative way to get back at you for trying to have a non-hostile, work environment. My job has been threatened on numerous occasions, and a certain manager has let it be known to his favorites that he has a personal problem with me. With that being said, true managers are supposed to be able to differentiate between personal, and business, but that isn't the case here, since all the "Good ol' boys," all go drinking, and rubbing elbows with each other regularly. (2-3 nights per week) I am hoping someone from Human Resources sees this, as I cannot lose my job, but I need some relief from the constant micro-managing, the inability to differentiate between friendship, colleague, and constant retaliation. So with all that being said, advancement is out of the question, unless you are a member of the "Good ol' boy club." Maybe another department is better and doesn't operate in this manner, but this one sure does.
productive and easy going
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 13, 2014
Southeast is a very easy going and friendly place to work. Great Benenfits.
productive medical surgical and urological floor
rn staff nurse (Current Employee), dothan alaApril 8, 2014
Cons: staffing
great place to learn new skills
the most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in my patients life
Great Company
Home Medical Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Enterprise AlApril 7, 2014
Pros: discounted luches at the hospital, coverage of medical insurence, able to get time off when needed.
Cons: raises are far less then what is needed to stay up with ecomony. job is a dead end job, i see no way for advancement.
This is a good company for all on all, being in the Enterprise office your not up to date on everything that you should be like tranning on new products as they come in or change. I feel there little chance of transfering into a different position.
Place to get medical experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new friends
Cons: low wages, work load
This hospital would be a great place to work if they enforce company rules. Also, if some of the Directors of the East Wings wouldn't show favoritism toward certain employees. Unit Secretaries need to get PAID more for the problems they have to put up with!!!!
Great place to work for the most part
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Dothan, AlabamaFebruary 18, 2014
A typical was being to help my Director and the nurses in the Critical Care unit to take care of the patients
Good place to work if youre high up on the totem pole. Wouldnt ever work here again myself.
Office Assistant-Dietary (Former Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits if youre full time
Cons: if youre part time benefits are sky high, no breaks and sometimes i was not able to leave my office for lunch, no help, and not enough staff
They cut me to part time but still made me work over 40 hrs a week because they didnt want to pay me nothing. Dropped my pay by a whole dollar. Had some unresolved conflict that happened in my department, when it was time for the Big dogs to step in and make things better ... they failed. Will never work here again after i seen true colors of SAMCs authority.
Team Work
Emergency Registration Clerk III CPAR (Former Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 13, 2014
Very team orientated great medical benefits great work environment
Collecting Blood samples
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: stabability
Cons: when it gets very busy, no lunch break, and short staff
Well, working in the lab, I go room to room collecting blood samples at a timely manner, log in blood samples, and take different blood samples to their selected departments in the lab such as chemistry, hematology, coagulation, blood blank and microbiology. I have learned to collect these blood samples at a timely manner because I don't know the patient diagnosis. My co-workers are very good at what they do also and I try to work as a team. The hardest part of this job is collecting blood from kids, patients that are terrified of needles, and patients that have rolling veins or difficult finding veins. The enjoyable part of this job is meeting patients and helping them get better daily.
Loved the people that I worked with there.
Fire Alarm Tech 2 (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 17, 2014
Loved the people that I worked with there. The benefits should be better working in medical field you should be able to get better healthcare insurance given all the requirements of using their healthcare.
A job I am content with
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 18, 2013
SAMC is a great job with co-workers that actually make you feel like family. I do enjoy the extra benefits and many discounts you receive while working thee also.
the best job eve
registered nurse circulator (Former Employee), dothan,alDecember 9, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff/management
learned how to be a true circulator in the OR. An experience i would not trade for anything
great place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 6, 2013
good environment , loved job was just ready for a change, nice people friendly atmosphere
Good group of people
ER Registrar (Former Employee), Dothan, ALNovember 25, 2013
I really enjoyed my job itself and the pay was great. I would recommend this job to others.

Southeast Alabama Medical Center Photos