Southeast Alabama Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

A busy workng enviroment, with people that has a desire to help others
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 24, 2015
A company with great opportunity for advancement, offers the most up to date equipment, training for anyone who is looking for stability in a job. Benefits are pretty good. Employees and families are important to the company. Job security is something that you don't have to worry about. Great opportunity, Great Company.
Pros
most purchases within the hospital is payroll dedutable, lunches are at a reduced cost for employees, and employee reconigizion for employees that to outstanding things, and number of years employeed.
Overall, it is not bad,
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 22, 2015
Overall, a good place to work. Have a nice boss. Benefits could be better. No room for advancement. Stressful at times. No respect from fellow coworkers,
Great Place to Work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 17, 2012
As a lab assistant at SAMC, my shift started at 8 pm and ended at 8 am the following morning. I would clock in, gather my tray, grab labels from the counter, and go to various floors of hospital collecting specimens for testing. I had one co-worker that worked alongside me during my shift and we formed a strong friendship. The hardest part of the job was collecting specimens in a timely manner whenever there wasn't enough people to cover the shift. You would either make it or don't make it. Another hard part of the job was balancing sleep, life outside the job, and work. I worked 3rd shift for little over 2 years and my body did not like it. I enjoyed my job, but the stress it was putting on my body was too much. I took my doctors advice, quit my job, and started looking elsewhere.
Pros
great benefits, and awesome job security
Cons
short breaks (well sometimes no breaks), little help when productivity is low
Good place to work if youre high up on the totem pole. Wouldnt ever work here again myself.
Office Assistant-Dietary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 18, 2014
They cut me to part time but still made me work over 40 hrs a week because they didnt want to pay me nothing. Dropped my pay by a whole dollar. Had some unresolved conflict that happened in my department, when it was time for the Big dogs to step in and make things better ... they failed. Will never work here again after i seen true colors of SAMCs authority.
Pros
good benefits if youre full time
Cons
if youre part time benefits are sky high, no breaks and sometimes i was not able to leave my office for lunch, no help, and not enough staff
Great Company
Home Medical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Enterprise AlApril 7, 2014
This is a good company for all on all, being in the Enterprise office your not up to date on everything that you should be like tranning on new products as they come in or change. I feel there little chance of transfering into a different position.
Pros
discounted luches at the hospital, coverage of medical insurence, able to get time off when needed.
Cons
raises are far less then what is needed to stay up with ecomony. job is a dead end job, i see no way for advancement.
Hard working floor, but we take care of our patient's and I have great immediate Supervisory support at a call.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 5, 2015
I have enjoyed my 8 years at SAMC, I learn every day I go into work. I currently work on Nephrology/Urology/Dialysis floor. Most people will not work this floor because it's too demanding and cannot handle it. I pride myself in being able to not only work this floor, but handle most anything that arises. I am very good at picking up on when a patient is in trouble as well as communicating with the patient to keep them updated on their care. I have worked other areas in the hospital, but have learned the most during my time on this particular unit.
Pros
Great Charge Nurse support; night shift work really well together as a team.
Cons
Often work short staffed and the patient ultimately suffers, often don't have time to take a proper break away from the work area or a bathroom break.
Great place for job advancement and experience
Staffing Resource Secretary/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 1, 2013
Clerical duties on each unit of the hospital, I learned excellent customer service skills, I also learned what each unit consisted of and the difference in all units. How to be proficient, in order entry and learned new medical information unheard of through physicians. Worked as a team player on each unit.
Pros
flexiablility of hours/overtime/job security/benefits/rewards
Cons
pay
Clean, Friendly work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 9, 2015
The day begins by receiving your nursing assignment for the day, 5-8 patients. I learned a great deal about renal patients, as well as, other patients with acute/chronic diseases. Management and the coworkers there were easy to get along with and reliable when assistance was needed. The hardest part of the job was managing time and prioritizing patient care. The most enjoyable was helping my patients feel better and seeing them smile.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
Short breaks-frequent interruptions
This was a place I grew with.
Nursing Resource Secretary/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 23, 2012
I have no complaints about this job. It has been a blessing for me through school, and the schedules they have let me work to compliement my school. I would recommend anyone to work here. The benefits are excellent, and you have room to progress in your work.
Pros
incentatives, christmas bonus, finacial incentatives
Cons
raise freeze, insurance increase
Registration Representative/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 7, 2014
Good co workers and working environment with the ability to advance in certain areas and departments
Pros
great benefits and many opportunities for advancement
Cons
lack training in various departments
Charge nurse for 11-7 shift
11-7 CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  DOTHAN, ALABAMAJune 24, 2012
I enjoyed my time at this hospital. I gained so much charge nursing experience. We provided nursing care for an orthopedic unit with overflow of patients with numerous diseases/surgeries. I had some excellent co-workers and an excellent don. The hardest part of the job was the patient load on every nurse.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
state income tax
ERJ Tech
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 1, 2015
Love this job, because I was fresh out of the service and the job offered experience and growth opportunities. Working in the ER was exciting and demanding. It was controlled chaos. Hardest part of the job was unpredictability - we never knew what health issues we were going to encounter. My medical services skills that I learned in the Air Force was put to the test and I learn how to remain calm in stressful situations.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
the unexpected
Excellent place to work
RN CRITICAL CARE (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 9, 2014
Fast paced, too many patients for floor nurses, ER and CCU are the best place to work. 4th Floor and 6th floor ok to work floor. Do not work on 2nd or 5th floor
Pros
overall good job
Cons
took awa;y too many benefits
Benefits are excellent
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 27, 2013
The pay is ok but the benefits make up for that. Management is ok but could better in some areas. I have gained a lot of experience working there.
Good benefits, lacking advancement opportunities, also lacking leadership
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 2, 2015
Ok place to work. Just not very many opportunities to advance in my department. Not impressed with how leadership is chosen.
Loved the people that I worked with there.
Fire Alarm Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 17, 2014
Loved the people that I worked with there. The benefits should be better working in medical field you should be able to get better healthcare insurance given all the requirements of using their healthcare.
A job I am content with
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 18, 2013
SAMC is a great job with co-workers that actually make you feel like family. I do enjoy the extra benefits and many discounts you receive while working thee also.
Wonderful experience.
L.P.N. (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 9, 2015
The Nurses I had the priviledge of working and training with were some of the best. The work load was sometimes heavy, but things were done right and the patients were cared for. It was a great experience and I would certainly do it again.
Team Work
Emergency Registration Clerk III CPAR (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 13, 2014
Very team orientated great medical benefits great work environment
Love it!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 14, 2012
Loved working here. Nurses and support staff were great. Benefits were comparable to other hospitals.

Southeast Alabama Medical Center Reviews by Location