Southeast Christian Church Employee Reviews

Terrible management. Allergic to progress.
Communications Department (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2017
The people at the bottom of the org chart are great people and fun to worth with. Upper and (especially) middle management are the most incompetent I’ve ever seen. They lack any sort of foresight or vision. Resources are consistently wasted. Progress is frowned upon. Driven, highly motivated people are discouraged.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Bad management, culturally irrelevant, sexist, no vision
great place to work
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, KYSeptember 6, 2017
I worked with great people and enjoyed going to work. It was a very positive atmosphere. I loved my job and was sad to have to leave. The best part was being with children and seeing them learn new things.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
not always enough hours
Really care about employees
First Impressions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2017
Great Culture
Staff truly cares about one another
Great Benefits and Professional Development
Make time for fun on the job
Cares about family work/life balance
Pros
Cons
Large Organization, Communication
Loved working there
Child Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2017
It is wonderful to work as a team of believers. We had bible study and prayer time together daily. I have life long friends I made there a work. I am so grateful that I got to work there.
Great Co-workers, No security, Poor senior managment
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2016
Great co-workers, fellow believers. Provide time for service and Bible studies. Good place to be with actually good benefits for a non-profit. Management is concerned about bigger vision not employee issues. No coaching or feedback. Many people in HR have no prior hr experience. People are often terminated very easily and without compassion. There is no security in your job because you could do everything right and be there for many years and one day someone decides the organizational chart needs to change. Problem is, good people have been let go without good reason it is very clickish. Often use prayer and the Lords leading to justify these decisions.
Pros
Flexible schedules, time for Bible studies.
Cons
Poor senior management, No job security.
Successfully accomplished all job requirements with a pleasant and helpful attitude.
Facilities Care (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2016
The cleaning and maintaining of the nursery and preschool wing of this mega church required the ability to work under physically strenuous conditions. All duties were accomplished by following supervisor and government childcare guidelines. At times this job also required interaction with children and parents. All tasks were completed successfully with a positive and helpful attitude.
Pros
Wonderful team of co-workers, paid lunch break, wonderful benifits
Cons
Physically strenuous
Great School.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 29, 2015
This is a great organization. I love subbing at the school. I am still on the list to teach at the school.

This is a great position to be in. I was able to work when I wanted and had an amazing experience with all the staff.
Pros
Everything is good.
Cons
N/a
great church for families
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2014
This church has a lot to offer and i think it is a fabulous church for families.
Pros
God
Cons
people
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 15, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure there were adequate supplies, planning staff lunches, organizing Wednesday and Sunday large meals (700 – 800 people). I would set the cafeteria up for the large events on Wednesday and Sundays. I learned to be prepared for any event that I would have to set up and staff for. I learned how to cook and plan for a large number of people. My management was very helpful. They were not afraid to jump in and help when needed. My coworkers were all members of the church and were really committed and willing to help. The hardest part of my job was finding the balance while I was attending school of work, school and family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of knowing I could pull off huge events. I even “wowed” myself.
Pros
Free lunches, great boss, encouraging managers
Cons
Burn out.
love the job I was able to help people every day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 4, 2013
Great job! I was able to meet many people from different walks of life. Some of them in need others were there to help. I made daily schedules for the various groups that meet at Southeast. Used multi phone lines to connect people with the right department.
Pros
Great Christian atmosphere
Cons
part time and no healthcare
Nice for making a little extra
Special Things Gift Shop, Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 5, 2013
A typical day would consist of maintaining a presentable sanctuary and clean, comfortable offices and waste free restrooms. Ive learned how to properly handle cleaning supplies and use them to the best of my ability to ensure efficient service is provided. The hardest part of this job making sure every task is completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it can completed in just a few hours so you have time to enjoy with family.
Pros
doesnt consume much time
Cons
low pay
I enjoyed my time serving the congreation of Southeast Christian Church
Associate Minister (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2013
I enjoyed my time serving the congreation of Southeast Christian Church
Do not recommend!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2012
Very hypocritical. Very male oriented. Cover up lots of issues.
Fast-paced environment with continuous learning opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2012
As my first professional position, this was a crash course in administrative work. There was no orientation or assistance, so I learned as I went. I coordinated with the Men's Minister who oversaw a ministry of over 1,000 men. This was a vital learning experience in not only admin work, but in an organization dealing with a large number of people.
Pros
patient supervisors aware of the learning curve
Cons
vague guidance and instruction