Southeast Frozen Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Relax place to work at,every one is helpful and friendly.
Safety Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Hiring of company driers, reassuring their back check is in good standing, log books are in compliance with rules and regulation of DOT, making sure their Medical examination certificate is up to date and entered in Drivers Manual System along with driver's license and drug testing.
Pros
relax place to work in
Cons
n/a
Company Review
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 6, 2016
The average day starts off with conferring with the receiving and transportation department to release nightly sales, this would normally rage from 45,000 to 70,000 cases in sales. Based on the information provided allowed me to place associates in the department for maximum productivity results. I learned a lot by being on the front line. From interviewing job seekers, operating AS/400 system, programing new associates and setting up their profile into a data base once hired. Upper management was good in proving warehouse with the tools to achieve positive results. Based on the working conditions of minus 20 degrees they did a outstanding job.
Not knowing sales volume before 20-30 minutes, sometimes made associates work schedule a major challenging. Enjoyed working with those the associates, appreciated hard work and dedication.
Pros
Great placed to work, especially during the summer time.
Cons
most holidays are mandatory work days
A cold place to work at
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2016
I was a Order Selector at Southeast Frozen Foods working in 15 below zero degree temperature warehouse. I pulled orders and build pallets for shipment. I was trained and certified to ride a stand up pallet jack
not a graet company to work for
Lead man (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 30, 2016
Southeast frozen for is a small company an the is not a lot of room for advancement with this company. management is not the best at this job
Pros
Cons
not a good paying job
working in a freezer
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 16, 2016
pulled order in a freezer really hard job payed decent if you could maintain the job very physical very cold but money could be really good.
A learning place
Loader/Unloader, selecter (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 6, 2016
I have learned a lot at that job i learned not only how to drive machinery but how to be a better helper in other words i learned that its good to help others.
A good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics,the most enjoyed part of the job was working alongside my colleagues
very productive with excellent pay
Order Selector / Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJuly 28, 2015
Was very productive job with plenty room for advancement. The pay was excellent with no salary cap. The atmosphere was very pleasant with friendly workers. Good management staff and days and hours were great.
Cold and miserable
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Politics as usual. I started work there in the peak season (summer). Its actually really segregated by black people and hispanics, and they constantly fight! It's ALWAYS SOMETHING AT SEFF! The overall warehouse was horrid: the messiest place I've ever worked operating a reach truck that barely worked. The GM was fired in a month, morale stayed low, no one comes to work on Sundays or Fridays meaning if you did you were trapped, because no one would show up. The manager has his favorites he looks out for, so if you plan on getting ahead look somewhere else first. I'm sure you'll find smoething else better. Simply put it will beat a blank check, but keep your eyes open. Oh yea the VP will show up every now and then acting like he gives a care then back to Florida outta sight outta mind. Back to the regular scheduled BS! Just do anything else but this!
Pros
a check
Cons
overall management running it into the ground. poor everything.
Energetic place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 26, 2014
As with any employment, there are challenges and rewards. Ensuring that the equipment was running and adequate for employees to use was my daily focus. The hardest part was managing the equipment which continues to break down, but working with good, hardworking people made for easier days.
Not a good company to work for you will be disappointed.
former employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2013
They tell you about all this money other drivers make working for the company and how long other drivers been there but they dont yell you about the racial people you have to deal with and dumb bitter ladies that works at these stores that cant deal with the public that works there you will get tied of going places & they dont know how to get you there ..They leave it up to you to figure that out..The company is just a waste..
productive and communication
Selector (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 12, 2014
I learned loyalty, dependability,and communication skills and my co-workers was very helpful the hardest part of the job was when my vocallet was acting up and I couldn't hardly hear the product I had to pick and I miss my production that day.the most enjoyable part of the job was just being there and enjoying the job and learning knew things.The management was excellent
Pros
rewards
benefits
Great company to work for and learn.
Programmer Analyst, EDI applications integrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I liked working at SEFF (an employee-owned company). SEFF is a food distributor which utilizes the latest technologies available.

My co-workers are very dedicated and knowledgeable.

While working at SEFF I learned EDI software by Extol and Vocollect.
Pros
friendly people. free breakfast on fridays
good place to work at...
Forklift Operator - General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 19, 2014
It is 20 degree below cero, i guess if you like freezing atmosphere, you would love this place, however, the people are great, mutual respect and oportunities to grow has made it a good place to work. I still have many friends from working there.
It did allow me the opportunity to grow in my work experience.
Select cases of product that correspond to WPSE labels, placing a label on each case selected.
MHE and notify supervisor of any deficiencies (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCAugust 2, 2012
Perform pre-shift safety inspection on MHE and notify supervisor of any deficiencies.
• Operate MHE and perform job in a safe and efficient manner to protect employees, equipment and product.
Too Cold
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 20, 2014
it was an experience that was just too cold for me. I worked in a freezer with 22 below degrees. Riding a pallet jack. Using a vo-collect to listen to your order being called to me. Pick order up in a timely manner and use a pallet to stak your product hand and hand.
Pros
bad supervision
Cons
too cold
Not Worth Even Looking Into!!!
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sandston, virginiaOctober 31, 2013
I work for this company, You are wasting your time, Your not going to get ahead with this company...People have been on the job for over 7 yrs. an never got a raise.... An the manager has his favorites...
No a fun clean place to work.
AP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2013
This company needs some upgrades internally. Everything you did work wise was manual. The system was old and outdated. It was dusty inside and not a very clean environment to work in.
Productive workplace.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 14, 2013
It was very cold because I had to work in a freezer. My co- workers and I had to work as a team and we switched positions a lot, so everyone had a chance to learn something new.
great company for growth
Night selector/Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 25, 2012
great company to work for. teaches u a lot about the warehouse environment and the functions of an warehouse
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
cold freezers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeast Frozen Foods. Our community is ready to answer.