Southeast Frozen Foods

Southeast Frozen Foods Employee Reviews

Company Review
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 6, 2016
The average day starts off with conferring with the receiving and transportation department to release nightly sales, this would normally rage from 45,000 to 70,000 cases in sales. Based on the information provided allowed me to place associates in the department for maximum productivity results. I learned a lot by being on the front line. From interviewing job seekers, operating AS/400 system, programing new associates and setting up their profile into a data base once hired. Upper management was good in proving warehouse with the tools to achieve positive results. Based on the working conditions of minus 20 degrees they did a outstanding job.
Not knowing sales volume before 20-30 minutes, sometimes made associates work schedule a major challenging. Enjoyed working with those the associates, appreciated hard work and dedication.
Pros
Great placed to work, especially during the summer time.
Cons
most holidays are mandatory work days
Cold and miserable
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Politics as usual. I started work there in the peak season (summer). Its actually really segregated by black people and hispanics, and they constantly fight! It's ALWAYS SOMETHING AT SEFF! The overall warehouse was horrid: the messiest place I've ever worked operating a reach truck that barely worked. The GM was fired in a month, morale stayed low, no one comes to work on Sundays or Fridays meaning if you did you were trapped, because no one would show up. The manager has his favorites he looks out for, so if you plan on getting ahead look somewhere else first. I'm sure you'll find smoething else better. Simply put it will beat a blank check, but keep your eyes open. Oh yea the VP will show up every now and then acting like he gives a care then back to Florida outta sight outta mind. Back to the regular scheduled BS! Just do anything else but this!
Pros
a check
Cons
overall management running it into the ground. poor everything.
A cold place to work at
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2016
I was a Order Selector at Southeast Frozen Foods working in 15 below zero degree temperature warehouse. I pulled orders and build pallets for shipment. I was trained and certified to ride a stand up pallet jack
very productive with excellent pay
Order Selector / Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJuly 28, 2015
Was very productive job with plenty room for advancement. The pay was excellent with no salary cap. The atmosphere was very pleasant with friendly workers. Good management staff and days and hours were great.
A good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics,the most enjoyed part of the job was working alongside my colleagues
not a graet company to work for
Lead man (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 30, 2016
Southeast frozen for is a small company an the is not a lot of room for advancement with this company. management is not the best at this job
Pros
Cons
not a good paying job
Relax place to work at,every one is helpful and friendly.
Safety Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Hiring of company driers, reassuring their back check is in good standing, log books are in compliance with rules and regulation of DOT, making sure their Medical examination certificate is up to date and entered in Drivers Manual System along with driver's license and drug testing.
Pros
relax place to work in
Cons
n/a
working in a freezer
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 16, 2016
pulled order in a freezer really hard job payed decent if you could maintain the job very physical very cold but money could be really good.
A learning place
Loader/Unloader, selecter (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 6, 2016
I have learned a lot at that job i learned not only how to drive machinery but how to be a better helper in other words i learned that its good to help others.
productive and communication
Selector (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 12, 2014
I learned loyalty, dependability,and communication skills and my co-workers was very helpful the hardest part of the job was when my vocallet was acting up and I couldn't hardly hear the product I had to pick and I miss my production that day.the most enjoyable part of the job was just being there and enjoying the job and learning knew things.The management was excellent
Pros
rewards
benefits
Not Worth Even Looking Into!!!
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sandston, virginiaOctober 31, 2013
I work for this company, You are wasting your time, Your not going to get ahead with this company...People have been on the job for over 7 yrs. an never got a raise.... An the manager has his favorites...
Southeast Frozen Foods was a fun place to work every year around the fall we would have a picnic at the C.B. Smith park where they would have fun day
Distribution Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2013
Working with this company was a good experience the customers for the most part was ok apart form a few you have to keep eyes on from trying to cheat you on the cast count. I learn that if you organize your paper work and plan your route properly your day can go smoothly and efficiently. Management can sometimes be un organized which make my job a little harder they sometimes lack communication between chain of command. My co-workers was a great bunch of guys how were always willing to help each other in whatever way they could The hardest parts of my job were to pull off an over stack pallets that are also very heavy from a refrigerated trailer set at -17 degree with a manual pallet jack when the floor of the trailer iced over guys have fall trying to do this sometimes and hurt them self i wish they have got electric pallet jack. What i enjoyed is that i do my job well and i don"t have anyone breathing down my neck when i am done i will ask for the next assignment pick it up then head back home and if we do this for 12 months straight without any accident or incident we would rewarded with a plaque and based on years of service a very generous cash reward which we all look forward to.
Pros
every year on our birthday we would get a card from the ceo and movie tickets
Fast Pace
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2014
Hardest Part of the job was keeping moral high after 12 hours

everyone so exhausted but had to finish loading all trailers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Not a good company to work for you will be disappointed.
former employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2013
They tell you about all this money other drivers make working for the company and how long other drivers been there but they dont yell you about the racial people you have to deal with and dumb bitter ladies that works at these stores that cant deal with the public that works there you will get tied of going places & they dont know how to get you there ..They leave it up to you to figure that out..The company is just a waste..
Fast paced, great work environment and everyone was team players.
Office Manager/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VASeptember 24, 2012
I opened up SEFF every morning, I got the schedule together for the day while answering the phones, giving directions and setting appointments. I checked in the trucks and placed them in dock doors. When they were done I did the billing and checked them out. Once the second Office Assistant arrived I went out on the floor and helped on the dock, unloading trucks, counting and finding material, and making tags, I went around and helped everybody who needed help, giving those who took too long a little push, so we could get the trucks out in a timely manner. I loved my co-workers we had no problem helping who ever needed help, jumping right in to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was that it was in a freezer and extremely cold. The most enjoyable part of my job was that every day was different.
Pros
every month we recognized birthday's and would have a cake for those employees, also every 30 days that we went without an accident we would have a luncheon.
Cons
we used to have a warm up room and they removed it from the facility that didn't set well with us, it's a cold storage facility and very cold. i thought that was unfair.
good place to work at...
Forklift Operator - General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 19, 2014
It is 20 degree below cero, i guess if you like freezing atmosphere, you would love this place, however, the people are great, mutual respect and oportunities to grow has made it a good place to work. I still have many friends from working there.
It did allow me the opportunity to grow in my work experience.
Energetic place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 26, 2014
As with any employment, there are challenges and rewards. Ensuring that the equipment was running and adequate for employees to use was my daily focus. The hardest part was managing the equipment which continues to break down, but working with good, hardworking people made for easier days.
Select cases of product that correspond to WPSE labels, placing a label on each case selected.
MHE and notify supervisor of any deficiencies (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCAugust 2, 2012
Perform pre-shift safety inspection on MHE and notify supervisor of any deficiencies.
• Operate MHE and perform job in a safe and efficient manner to protect employees, equipment and product.
Too Cold
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 20, 2014
it was an experience that was just too cold for me. I worked in a freezer with 22 below degrees. Riding a pallet jack. Using a vo-collect to listen to your order being called to me. Pick order up in a timely manner and use a pallet to stak your product hand and hand.
Pros
bad supervision
Cons
too cold
Good people to work for.
Mechanic and Building Maintenace (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Maintain fleet of crown equipment. Planned maintenance to all repairs. Keep records of all equipment. Co workers were fine always helpfull.
Hardest part of this job was working in sub freezing conditions.

2.6