Southeast Frozen Foods

Southeast Frozen Foods Employer Reviews

Energetic place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 26, 2014
As with any employment, there are challenges and rewards. Ensuring that the equipment was running and adequate for employees to use was my daily focus. The hardest part was managing the equipment which continues to break down, but working with good, hardworking people made for easier days.
Too Cold
Order Selector (Former Employee), Sandston, VAApril 20, 2014
Pros: bad supervision
Cons: too cold
it was an experience that was just too cold for me. I worked in a freezer with 22 below degrees. Riding a pallet jack. Using a vo-collect to listen to your order being called to me. Pick order up in a timely manner and use a pallet to stak your product hand and hand.
Fast Pace
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for growth
Hardest Part of the job was keeping moral high after 12 hours

everyone so exhausted but had to finish loading all trailers
good place to work at...
Forklift Operator - General Warehouse (Former Employee), Gaston, SCJanuary 19, 2014
It is 20 degree below cero, i guess if you like freezing atmosphere, you would love this place, however, the people are great, mutual respect and oportunities to grow has made it a good place to work. I still have many friends from working there.
It did allow me the opportunity to grow in my work experience.
Great company to work for and learn.
Programmer Analyst, EDI applications integrator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly people. free breakfast on fridays
I liked working at SEFF (an employee-owned company). SEFF is a food distributor which utilizes the latest technologies available.

My co-workers are very dedicated and knowledgeable.

While working at SEFF I learned EDI software by Extol and Vocollect.
productive and communication
Selector (Former Employee), Gaston, SCJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: rewards
Cons: benefits
I learned loyalty, dependability,and communication skills and my co-workers was very helpful the hardest part of the job was when my vocallet was acting up and I couldn't hardly hear the product I had to pick and I miss my production that day.the most enjoyable part of the job was just being there and enjoying the job and learning knew things.The management – more... was excellent – less
Not Worth Even Looking Into!!!
Auditor (Current Employee), Sandston, virginiaOctober 31, 2013
I work for this company, You are wasting your time, Your not going to get ahead with this company...People have been on the job for over 7 yrs. an never got a raise.... An the manager has his favorites...
Not a good company to work for you will be disappointed.
former employee (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2013
They tell you about all this money other drivers make working for the company and how long other drivers been there but they dont yell you about the racial people you have to deal with and dumb bitter ladies that works at these stores that cant deal with the public that works there you will get tied of going places & they dont know how to get you there – more... ..They leave it up to you to figure that out..The company is just a waste.. – less
Southeast Frozen Foods was a fun place to work every year around the fall we would have a picnic at the C.B. Smith park where they would have fun day
Distribution Driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2013
Pros: every year on our birthday we would get a card from the ceo and movie tickets
Working with this company was a good experience the customers for the most part was ok apart form a few you have to keep eyes on from trying to cheat you on the cast count. I learn that if you organize your paper work and plan your route properly your day can go smoothly and efficiently. Management can sometimes be un organized which make my job a little – more... harder they sometimes lack communication between chain of command. My co-workers was a great bunch of guys how were always willing to help each other in whatever way they could The hardest parts of my job were to pull off an over stack pallets that are also very heavy from a refrigerated trailer set at -17 degree with a manual pallet jack when the floor of the trailer iced over guys have fall trying to do this sometimes and hurt them self i wish they have got electric pallet jack. What i enjoyed is that i do my job well and i don"t have anyone breathing down my neck when i am done i will ask for the next assignment pick it up then head back home and if we do this for 12 months straight without any accident or incident we would rewarded with a plaque and based on years of service a very generous cash reward which we all look forward to. – less
No a fun clean place to work.
AP Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 8, 2013
This company needs some upgrades internally. Everything you did work wise was manual. The system was old and outdated. It was dusty inside and not a very clean environment to work in.
Good people to work for.
Mechanic and Building Maintenace (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Maintain fleet of crown equipment. Planned maintenance to all repairs. Keep records of all equipment. Co workers were fine always helpfull.
Hardest part of this job was working in sub freezing conditions.
great company for growth
Night selector/Forklift operator (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 25, 2012
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: cold freezers
great company to work for. teaches u a lot about the warehouse environment and the functions of an warehouse
Fast paced, great work environment and everyone was team players.
Office Manager/Receiver (Former Employee), Sandston, VASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: every month we recognized birthday's and would have a cake for those employees, also every 30 days that we went without an accident we would have a luncheon.
Cons: we used to have a warm up room and they removed it from the facility that didn't set well with us, it's a cold storage facility and very cold. i thought that was unfair.
I opened up SEFF every morning, I got the schedule together for the day while answering the phones, giving directions and setting appointments. I checked in the trucks and placed them in dock doors. When they were done I did the billing and checked them out. Once the second Office Assistant arrived I went out on the floor and helped on the dock, unloading – more... trucks, counting and finding material, and making tags, I went around and helped everybody who needed help, giving those who took too long a little push, so we could get the trucks out in a timely manner. I loved my co-workers we had no problem helping who ever needed help, jumping right in to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was that it was in a freezer and extremely cold. The most enjoyable part of my job was that every day was different. – less
Select cases of product that correspond to WPSE labels, placing a label on each case selected.
MHE and notify supervisor of any deficiencies (Former Employee), Gaston, SCAugust 2, 2012
Perform pre-shift safety inspection on MHE and notify supervisor of any deficiencies.
• Operate MHE and perform job in a safe and efficient manner to protect employees, equipment and product.
It a good and established company.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2012
My everyday was very hectic and busy. I had to handle a lot different small projects in a daily basis.

About Southeast Frozen Foods

Southeast Frozen Foods, L.P., is the largest exclusive distributor of frozen food products in the southeastern United States. – Read more