Southeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Unit coordinator maternity unit (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 29, 2016
I enjoy the atmosphere that I work in also the people whom I work with. I really enjoy the place as well as the benefits that they offer to the workers.
Stressful, busy work environment. Not appreciated
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 27, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work at. Especially, an office job. Benefits are great.

I feel like they do not train well enough and things are always changing.
Pros
Benefits & PTO
Cons
No paid holidays, not appreciated
Patient Account Representative
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 2, 2016
This is a great company to work for. When I started this job I had no clue as to what would be asked of me. My co-workers and management are very helpful. A typical day would be filing claims whether it be mailing or billing them electronically. You have to really great at multi-tasking in order to handle the high demand of making sure claims are getting filed in a timely manner.
fun
Install Helper (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 4, 2016
great place to work and good atmosphere, coworks were great. and I had a good time working there for awhile. lunch were good. the environment was good and the time ther was excellent
Pros
breaks and social life
Cons
not much
Dont do it
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 11, 2016
I like some of the staff but I would not suggest a new student to get a job there. I just wish I could make changes and never worked here but a few people was a job to work with but so many was very unpleasant.
Pros
Cons
Bulling exists and poor management
Our little team feels like a family.
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 13, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy my position at this hospital, we all feel like a family. I learned a great deal about cardiac monitors. We are encouraged to advance ourselves.
Productive work day in the Outpatient and/or Emergency Department
Centralized Scheduler/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Logging into several systems, and ready to go in a high pace only local hospital. You learn something new everyday rather it be with the needs of the patients or the system updating or downgrading. Co-workers work well together, because that will make for a smoother day and also allow us to attend to the patients needs in a timely fashion. Management is very hands on and checks on us frequently and attends to our needs the best that they can. The hardest part of the job is not being able to get to patients sometimes as quickly as we would like when your at full capacity with the beds. Enjoyable part is having great team members to work with and helping one another.
Pros
acknowledges good work, and yearly raises
Cons
again not being able to help each patient when very busy as fast as you would like.
I love the hospital
Department support coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 10, 2016
I stay busy, there is always something that needs to be done.
I love working here, the people I am able to help means a lot, healthcare is important and many people have no clue how it works. I enjoy helping those I am able to help, I so spend a lot of time helping guide some through the insurance and financial aide process. Dealing with the insurance companies are the hardest part of my job, due to the automated response program most have. That will test your patience.
Pros
Learning, I have learned so many things
Cons
I do not get breaks or a lunch
Totally enjoy working where I am, but really need day shift
Health Unit Coordinator/Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 16, 2016
Night shift is pretty laid back, but can be heck tick from time to time. On night shift it can be hard to connect with management as you work two different time frames.

My co-workers are absolutely awesome. We are pretty much family to each other.

The hardest part of my job is seeing a patient be admitted knowing that they will die on our floor and watching the different aspects of the family transitioning into the acceptance of what this means.

The most enjoyable is seeing a patient kick cancer in the butt and get to go home and not come back.
Pros
Staying up all night.
Cons
Loving the folks I have the honor of working with.
Not the best but not the worst
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 31, 2016
OR management could be better. They have a bad habit of being inconsiderate and talking to you as though you're a child. Other than that, coworkers are great. Like a big family
Pros
Excellent coworkers and learning environment
Cons
Management and pay
Productive and very good place to work.
chemical balancing, electrical, mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 28, 2016
SGHS was an excellent place to work, and formed I many friendships there. I performed many duties for the hospital, and gained a lot of experience. I left because my wife was ill, and needed her family's help.
Pros
Good working relationships.
You do not want to work here!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Mary'sSeptember 25, 2013
This is a terrible place to work! Administration is corrupt. Money is the only thing that matters, not patient care! It's their way or no way! Constantly change your schedule to meet company needs, however, management will not step in to help with schedule and cover shifts. ER is a 17 bed unit in which they will only schedule four nurses ( new nurses) and one tech. One of those nurses is in triage at all times. Will make nurses float to other units in which they have not been trained ie. Medsurg float to critical care areas with no prior critical care experience. Extreme staff turn over!! All seasoned nurses 15+ years of service have left. Now only new nurses left with no senior nurses to train them. Quoting a nurse manager, " you have no right to question anything we tell you to do here"! There is only one HR person and she is not on campus most of the time. Never saw a result from any complaints to HR about patient safety or employee satisfaction! This hospital had employee rollover from the old Gilman hospital. Those employees had pensions as well as 401k benefits. They were the first employees targeted to be terminated for any reason. These are just a few personal experiences!! Don't waste your time filling out an application!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hostile/stressful work environment
Excellent teaching hospital
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 12, 2016
It was pleasure to work with the staff within the Radiology Department and its affiliates. They helped mold me into becoming the best student and Radiographer that I could possibly be.
Cover Letter
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Marys, GaFebruary 19, 2014
Dear Human Resource:

I am currently seeking a full time permanent position.

After reviewing the qualifications, I feel I am a good candidate for a position with your company. I have the experience needed, computer skills, knowledge of medical terminology; I also know how to verify insurance benefits.

My background has supplied me with the necessary skills needed to work for your company:

• I have had experience working with electronic systems along with paper charts/records. Scheduling appointments, answering phones, registering and checking out patients, making and filing charts, data entry, verifying insurance, collecting copayments, daily cash balance.
• I have the ability to multitask and learn new tasks quickly.
• I am a team player, that is willing to help/teach others and learn new things daily to help enlarge my knowledge
• I am a self motivated person which gives me the ability to motivate myself and others around me in order to do the teamwork needed to have a successful facility.
• I have the ability to plan and organize at work throughout the day.
• I have the ability to adapt and adjust to any change in rules and policies at work, while using effective change management skills to adjust. While working under pressure to get the desired results without letting it affect the efficiency of my work.
Productive in activities
Certified Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick GaOctober 18, 2012
no This is not a fun place to work. all they like to do is stress the employees out so bad that they end up with High Blood pressure then when you are out of work under Dr care they write you up.I would not recommend this to anyone. benefits are great and so is the pto time that you accrue. but not a good work place.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
very stressful
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 5, 2014
Typical day is long,12 hour shiff,Management is great,Co-Work are great to work with there.The Hardest part of the job is low salary for me as to being a single mother.The most enjoyable part of the job not to far from home.
LPN for OB/GYN office.
LPN, OB/GYN OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 18, 2016
Wonderful working environment, with wonderful staff. Co-workers are great and very helpful. Pay could be better, but over-all great place to work.
Awesome place to call home
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 8, 2015
Over all, SGHS is an awesome place to call home while you work. Our past CEO was an awesome person who showed his staff just how much he cared in more ways than one. I do not know our new CEO very well and have no opinion of him as of yet.

I personally went through some very rough times in the last 4 years and I can honestly say that SGHS treated me as a member of the family and tried very hard to take good care of me and mine.

It is not the building that makes it worth being there, it is the co-workers that you interact with each and every shift and I have had the honor of working with some really awesome folks.
Pros
Family
Cons
Not enough staff to take care of the need.
enjoyed working with co-workers and communicating with patients
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAJanuary 22, 2016
paperwork, emr, reviewed all labs, triaged patients, called patients, enjoyed working with co-workers and the patients. hardest part was dealing with patients neg that received negative results. loved being able to help others and comfort them.
Pros
often had free lunches with meetings when we was able to discuss issues easily
Cons
seeing patients suffer
Power engineer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 8, 2015
The company atmosphere is awesome and we all work well together as a team yet still have time to be individually creative and work one on one with our clients. I have never worked for a company before where it's employees and execs get along so well and work so well together. Everyone tries to make each other better and share new skills learned. I also like my role at this company and I don't dread going to work everyday, it's a great feeling to go in and do your job and have fun at the same time. We work hard here but also make time for fun and it's a great life/work balance.
Pros
People are fantastic
Cons
Long Schedules typical of Medical centers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Southeast Georgia Health System Reviews by Location