Southeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

review
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 2, 2018
i always love working at this facilty. great people and staff. it is a fast pace and safe envirnomet. As well as friendly and with a helping hand. great custumer service
work day
Long Term Care- Nurse Leadership (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 28, 2017
general work day very fast paced, busy ever changing
customer focused policy driven
challenging forever consulting with other team members and management
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Medical Technologist, Generalist (FT) (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 15, 2017
Avery pleasant work atmosphere . Had a wonderful lab manager who was fair and very wonderful to work for. Advancement was possible and everyone was encouraged to further your education so you could advance.
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, GAOctober 30, 2017
Senior Care Center-St. Mary's provides employees with poor:

leadership
management
morale

the hardest part about the job is not having any help or having anyone to go to for help should you need help. The management is undependable, untrust worthy and unknowledgeable in what seems like all areas of patient care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the residents!

Making the decision to work at this facility was a major mistake!
Activities Assistant
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 10, 2017
A typical day at work is always filled with joy. Our activities team makes sure we deliver activities as planned and on time. We get as many people involved in our activities as possible. Everyone's goal is to make our residents happy, and as a team we accomplish that. Working with Southeast Georgia Health System I have learned multiple things from how to plan parties to preparation for an evacuation. The workplace culture has always been accepting and kind. I love coming to work and have formed bonds with my co workers and residents that will last for a lifetime. The hardest part about the job is when a resident passes away. The most enjoyable part of my job is forming a bond with the residents and making them smile.
Very hard place to work at mad management.
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 1, 2017
Didn't really enjoy working there management and supervisors are very unprofessional and the hours are very long and not much help from the team or supervisor.
Awesome company to work for. Great people
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 20, 2017
Managed day to day operations of more than 5 practices and 52 employees at one point. Great benefits and amazing team members. Great place to work. Would recommend to anyone.
Hard work never paid off
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 15, 2017
I found out after working for two years for the hospital that no matter how hard you worked, no matter how dedicated you were, no matter how hard you worked for a job promotion, it all boils down to who you know. Manager lacked people skills.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Management/No room for advancement
Good benefits
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 14, 2017
Nationally ranked facility. Good benefits, paid time off given to all employees, except prn. Very friendly staff. Good management. Educational experience.
My time at Southeast Georgia
Cerified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 7, 2017
Well learned experience as Certified Nursing Assistant. Southeast Georgia Health System was wonderful place to work. I enjoyed my time working there. My best experience working for SGHS was the patient.
Fast pace learning
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 2, 2017
This was my first position in healthcare and I learned a great deal. I worked with a great group of physicians and nurses. I was able to cross train in other departments on my off days. convenient hours.
Good place to work with a small home town feel
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 30, 2017
Quality health care close to home is the motto and they do live up to it. Great caring staff that treat you like you are family. Love my job and have been a dedicated and loyal employee
Pros
great staff
Cons
limited specialties
It was ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 28, 2017
For the senior care center. Very busy, so the day went by quick. Worked 12 hours which was great had more days off an knew what the schedule was going to be. Nursing management & staffing coordinator was rude. The cna's worked together great. The RN's would be hateful, the only time they would help is if state was there. Very big place not enough help. More Chiefs than Indians.
Benefits
Hospital has it good and bad points
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 24, 2017
I will say that working for the hospital was a great experience to have and I love helping people. I feel that at times they were unprofessional and the have their favorite people. It has help to work harder and never give up.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Never get to close with your co-worker
Management was great to work with.
Admissions Clerk/ Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 8, 2017
Working for SEGHS is great job advancement but unfortunately the medical field was not the career path that I desired. The work environment stressful.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
the medical field field was not my desired career path
Great Place For Entry Level Employees
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 4, 2017
Working at Southeast Georgia Health System is a good place when you are first entering into the healthcare field. Almost everyone that you come in contact with at the health system are really nice and helpful. However, there are some people that are not as helpful as others. The best part about working there is the ability is to have the weekends off. You will learn so much from working here if you are new to the healthcare industry and need a good start. But when it comes to promotions and moving up within the company, I personally dont think there is too much room for advancement. Other than that, I would recommend this job for anyone who needs to gain work experience or just need a good start for their career.
Pros
weekends off, good starting pay, good experience
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Great staff and residents
LPN (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 23, 2017
Long term facility that helps make the residents feel at home. Management easy to get along with. Staff have a great attitude. The facility is very clean.
nutrition
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAMay 14, 2017
Responsibilities: Maintain inventory and stock of food, kitchen equipment and supplies. Prepared food for clients on specialized diets (i.e., diabetic, salt restrictions, gluten allergies, religious). Assisted in food production and ensured quality and accurate portions.
Camden Pediatrics
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, GAMay 8, 2017
Great co-workers, poor pay, too much overtime, functioned as a nurse but paid as a CNA. High turn over. Lots of responsibility, but pay is very low.
Pros
sweet co-workers, secure
Cons
Low pay, too mich overtime.
Loved working in pccu unit once I switched over to the senior care center it was not ran well nor were employees cared about
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, GAMay 7, 2017
Pccu was the best most enjoyable job I've ever had. Once at senior care it was hard to believe this place was owned by the same company it was ran awful the don cared nothing about the employees nor hope short staffed they worked them no incentives or recognition
Pros
Good health benefits & pay
Cons
No time for breaks even if set in time at senior care