Southeast Georgia Health System

Southeast Georgia Health System Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), St. Marys, GAApril 30, 2014
SGHS is a great place to work. I have been employed by them for 9 years and enjoy the transcription work that I do.
Great work environment.
Floor Tech./Tech I (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: fast pace all the time.
Great co-workers. The work site is clean and is climate controlled.
SGHS is a wonderful facility with great physicians.
staff nurse (Former Employee), 5 medical med/surg floorApril 7, 2014
Pros: great facility, great physicians
Cons: 3 different nurse managers in 3 years
The work is challenging on a busy med/surg floor. Patient care is the most enjoyable aspect of my work. Sometimes, as with every job, some coworkers are difficult to get along but positive teamwork does help so much. I do think the patient care team members are not supported enough by upper management.
Small hospital with a small-town feel
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Kingsland, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: small-town atmosphere, laid back workplace, family "style" environment to work in.
Cons: no reserve staff to cover call-outs, growth possibilities limited
I like the small feel of this hospital where everyone knows everyone on a first name basis. It's much more laid-back versus the larger hospitals in the area. Most of the staff that's currently working there has been there for years.
Cover Letter
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), St Marys, GaFebruary 19, 2014
Dear Human Resource:

I am currently seeking a full time permanent position.

After reviewing the qualifications, I feel I am a good candidate for a position with your company. I have the experience needed, computer skills, knowledge of medical terminology; I also know how to verify insurance benefits.

My background has supplied me with the necessary – more... skills needed to work for your company:

• I have had experience working with electronic systems along with paper charts/records. Scheduling appointments, answering phones, registering and checking out patients, making and filing charts, data entry, verifying insurance, collecting copayments, daily cash balance.
• I have the ability to multitask and learn new tasks quickly.
• I am a team player, that is willing to help/teach others and learn new things daily to help enlarge my knowledge
• I am a self motivated person which gives me the ability to motivate myself and others around me in order to do the teamwork needed to have a successful facility.
• I have the ability to plan and organize at work throughout the day.
• I have the ability to adapt and adjust to any change in rules and policies at work, while using effective change management skills to adjust. While working under pressure to get the desired results without letting it affect the efficiency of my work. – less
Southeast Georgia Health system
To obtain employment as a practical nurse (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: nurturing my patients and feeling their gratitude
Cons: phisically challening fast paced big turnover
Overall a great place to work. Opportunities for advancement are readily available. Gained a lot of leadership and management skills. Was physically challenging but very rewarding. Learned the more you give and care for your patients the more rewarding the job. Felt as though my residents were my family that was the best part of the job. Feeling like – more... I was a part of something bigger than just me. – less
High Stress, Bad Management
RN (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GANovember 6, 2013
Very high stress. Management does not care about employees. Management's goal is to get rid of experienced (highly paid) employees! Will never work here again! They float nurses to units with no prior experience/orientation.
You do not want to work here!!!
RN (Former Employee), Saint Mary'sSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: hostile/stressful work environment
This is a terrible place to work! Administration is corrupt. Money is the only thing that matters, not patient care! It's their way or no way! Constantly change your schedule to meet company needs, however, management will not step in to help with schedule and cover shifts. ER is a 17 bed unit in which they will only schedule four nurses ( new nurses) – more... and one tech. One of those nurses is in triage at all times. Will make nurses float to other units in which they have not been trained ie. Medsurg float to critical care areas with no prior critical care experience. Extreme staff turn over!! All seasoned nurses 15+ years of service have left. Now only new nurses left with no senior nurses to train them. Quoting a nurse manager, " you have no right to question anything we tell you to do here"! There is only one HR person and she is not on campus most of the time. Never saw a result from any complaints to HR about patient safety or employee satisfaction! This hospital had employee rollover from the old Gilman hospital. Those employees had pensions as well as 401k benefits. They were the first employees targeted to be terminated for any reason. These are just a few personal experiences!! Don't waste your time filling out an application! – less
Large Hospital Setting
(LIS) Coordinator (Former Employee), Brunswick, GASeptember 23, 2013
Departments within this organization vary widely with respect to Job satisfaction. I was lucky to have a great department to work for at the time.
Professional, progressive, and caring environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Senior Care CenterAugust 23, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: senior management didn't always listen to middle management about problems and potential solutions.
SGHS was a really good place to work. The staff and physicians were professional and genuinely interested in providing quality care to our patients. As part of the management team, I felt like my input was appreciated and heard. The best part of the job was taking care of the residents and patients.
Good experience
Radiologic Technologist/PACS Associate (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at work was stressful. Management is arrogant and only out for themselves.
Southeast Georgia Health System is professional and positive atmosphere to work.
Team Leader Floor Tech (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAApril 23, 2013
Working for Southeast Georgia Health System is not only a privilege, but an honor. I am constantly surrounded by professional, compassionate and caring people. The most enjoyable part about being an employee for Southeast Georgia Health is being part of a Hospital that is always constantly giving back to the community.
Positive Environment to work in.
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Marys, GAJanuary 28, 2013
My favorite part of my job is the positive experience of working with management and coworkers.
Productive work day in the Outpatient and/or Emergency Department
Centralized Scheduler/Registrar (Former Employee), Kingsland, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: acknowledges good work, and yearly raises
Cons: again not being able to help each patient when very busy as fast as you would like.
Logging into several systems, and ready to go in a high pace only local hospital. You learn something new everyday rather it be with the needs of the patients or the system updating or downgrading. Co-workers work well together, because that will make for a smoother day and also allow us to attend to the patients needs in a timely fashion. Management – more... is very hands on and checks on us frequently and attends to our needs the best that they can. The hardest part of the job is not being able to get to patients sometimes as quickly as we would like when your at full capacity with the beds. Enjoyable part is having great team members to work with and helping one another. – less
Good place to work and great people to work with.
Women's Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee), 2415 Parkwood Dr. Brunswick Ga. 31520November 1, 2012
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: too much management.
Enjoyed working with fellow team members. Everyone at this facility work hard and they care about their patients.
ERINDLY WORKING ENVIRONMENT
ELECTRCIAN TECH 2 (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: good work environment and friendly team members
Cons: no smoking campus
SGHS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. FROM MANGEMENT TO DEPARTMENT TEAM MEMBERS, VERY CORDIAL. MY TIME THERE WAS BUSY, BUT NEEDED TO ALLOW FOR PERSONAL TIME MORE OFTEN. I FELT LIKE I WAS ALWAYS ON CALL. OVERALL MY EXPERIENCE WAS ENJOYABLE. I LEFT BEHIND A LOT OF FRIENDS.
Productive in activities
Certified Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick GaOctober 18, 2012
Pros: lunch break
Cons: very stressful
no This is not a fun place to work. all they like to do is stress the employees out so bad that they end up with High Blood pressure then when you are out of work under Dr care they write you up.I would not recommend this to anyone. benefits are great and so is the pto time that you accrue. but not a good work place.
Productive place,friendly and clean
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAOctober 12, 2012
Cons: no daycare, conflicting scheduling, not enough staffing
Typical work night may be short staff because they pull people away.
I've learned alot about my co-workers and different people that I've care of.
Management varies on the different floors and or departments.
Most of my co-workers are great to work with.
Hardest part of my job is trying to take care of patients when they short staff the floor and the – more... nurses fail to help.
The thing I enjoy the most is when a patient says thankyou for my care. – less
A good place to learn as a student.
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 9, 2012
As a student:
hands on experience with patients is extremely important for a student to learn and feel comfortable.
- Able to experience the hospital setting, get a feel for different departments such as the Emergency center, outpatient, and surgical department.
-Hands on experience with operated and setting techniques on xray equipment.