Southeast Missouri State University Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 17, 2016
Really helps you to be financially stable as a student. They take care of their student workers very well. They pay for school and give you a good stipend. Not a very large workload so it allows you ample time to have another job along with time to do school work.
Great to watch students achieve their goals
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 15, 2016
It was great to see how my efforts could positively effect the students. By making suggestions to the director or helping a student fill out forms, I saw students achieve their educational goals. That was the main goal of the campus -- to see student achieve.
Pros
Good hours & benefits
Cons
Poor pay amount
nice enviornment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 29, 2016
This was a good place to get your feet wet. It is a fun environment to work in. The work load was not as heavy as normal office jobs.
Student Focused Employer
Administrative Operations (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 4, 2016
Opportunity available to advance academically. Shorter work days during the summer with same pay. Time off between Christmas and New Years.
Pros
Educational discount for family
Cons
raises are minimal
Fun but demanding
Volleyball Athlete (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 27, 2016
Being a student athlete was the best thing I could have done in my life. I had fun, learned a lot about myself and the sport, and look forward to taking what I learned and using it in the future.
Nice
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 24, 2016
Is a very nice place to work and raise a family around. Employees are friendly, helpful, and work very hard to finish the job.
Open minded and welcoming atmosphere
Desk Assistant- Merick Hall (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 20, 2016
I have worked the Merick Hall desk for two years now and I have always been impressed at how professional and open minded everyone in the Office of Residence Life is.
Productive and fun place to work
Information Technology Student Labs Student Worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 18, 2016
Productive and fun place to work gaining lot of experience dealing with students, faculty and staff. Being able to help students with their daily IT needs
So glad I made the decision to go to SEMO!
College of Education Office of the Dean (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 17, 2016
At SEMO I was a assistant to the Dean of Education. It was an awesome experience. I was in charge of setting up meeting, appointments, planning events, and answer phone calls. I often able to get help and advice from the dean about education. She was very knowledgeable.
A self-motivating and rewarding job
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 3, 2016
Taking this internship was a good decision I made. The opportunity for networking was there and I took advantage of it. The most enjoyable part about the job was seeing your implementation of an event become successful
Great place for students
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 16, 2016
Being a student worker is great, because you can do both your homework and make money. You get to do your homework and study when you have no active assignments to do.
Pros
work on homework, great environment
University
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 13, 2016
Working experience is good,
learned managing skills,
enjoyed working over there.
good job and learned new technologies and tools of interest
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great environment and work-culture.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 12, 2016
It's a university where respect prevails and you never stop learning, even when you're not in class, there's always something new to learn from coworkers and professors.
Fun and busy
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 29, 2016
I was constantly kept on my toes. I worked very long days, but I rarely noticed this because I was so busy being active. I really enjoyed being able to help students find their way around campus and being able to work with my peers.
Pros
Free lunch, worked with other students
Cons
long days
Fun and Challenges at work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 25, 2016
Every day gives challenges at work. Co-workers are very friendly and co-operative. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching classes.
unhealty environment
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 16, 2016
So high turn over rate at the SEMO theatre department
Force leave within one or two years
Unhealthy environment and pretty bad neighbors.
Great group of faculty
Instructor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Adore the faculty and their willingness to help and promote a sense of belonging within the department.
A typical day would include instructing students in and outside of a classroom, either as part of the class lecture, or during office hours outside of class.
A fun place to work, with new things to do everyday.
Office Assistant in International and MBA Offices (Current Employee) –  MOFebruary 3, 2016
I usually would to work around lunchtime and watch the office while everyone else went to eat.
I directed students to either the International or the MBA offices.
Meeting people from around the world, dealing with diverse situation based scenarios with students and families regards to on campus housing.
Graduate Assistant, Office of Residence Life (Former Employee) –  MOJanuary 19, 2016
Securing housing contracts and making room assignments for over a 1000 students, and preparing instructional material for students to complete their assignments themselves.

Welcoming over 500 new international students during summer and winter breaks, providing housing and meal services as well as other information.

Database management, daily office work and problem solving.
Pros
Housing, Recreational and Food Services
Interesting office with many different subjects taught
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 14, 2016
My immediate co-workers were wonderful. They made the job very enjoyable. I learned about higher education from the administrative side. The management was on the most part very approachable. The hardest part of the job was the bi-yearly student profile reports, which I streamlined during my time there.
Pros
Learning from faculty, students and management.
Cons
Very long drive & LOW PAY

4.5