Southeast Missouri State University Employee Reviews

Good opportunity for interpersonal skill and knowledge improvement
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 6, 2017
My job as a Graduate Assistant requires me to support the professors in my assigned faculty and help students to improve their learning experiences. Tasks included:
- Delivering tutoring class
- Grading the exam
- Proctor
- Answering questions from student both offline and online
Fun relaxed place to work
student worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 28, 2016
I assisted the director of the center for child studies at Southeast Missouri State University. I mostly took care of the clerical responsibilities and assisted in classrooms when needed.
Not a bad place to work, great benefits
Student (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 5, 2016
if you are looking at going back to College to finish or start degree, working for the University is the place to come due to the tuition assistance.
Great Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 1, 2016
Excellent workplace, great pay, great benefits, excellent opportunity for advancement and ability to make positive contributions.
Work hard
internship (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 20, 2016
I like their hard work because it is related to my major. I like any work on what I like. My team so nice people. I am working on data center.
Excellent place to work
PC Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 20, 2016
Typically I would work on I.T. projects throughout the day. I learned a lot by OTJ training and working as part of the development team. The management is fantastic and they do a great job utilizing every resource. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and continue to stay in touch with them and other members of the campus. The hardest part of the job was that there was very limited opportunities for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated as a valuable member of the team.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Competent staff and enthusiastic learning environment
Exercise Science Internship (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 23, 2016
A university with diverse students from different backgrounds and efficient staff skilled in guidance for students and shaping their future. Fun place to work in.
Exercise Science Intern
Exercise Science Intern (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 24, 2016
All the employees are supportive and friendly. Great place to work. Management is good. Most enjoyable part is the group exercise classes everyday
Good Place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 17, 2016
Really helps you to be financially stable as a student. They take care of their student workers very well. They pay for school and give you a good stipend. Not a very large workload so it allows you ample time to have another job along with time to do school work.
Great to watch students achieve their goals
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 15, 2016
It was great to see how my efforts could positively effect the students. By making suggestions to the director or helping a student fill out forms, I saw students achieve their educational goals. That was the main goal of the campus -- to see student achieve.
Pros
Good hours & benefits
Cons
Poor pay amount
nice enviornment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 29, 2016
This was a good place to get your feet wet. It is a fun environment to work in. The work load was not as heavy as normal office jobs.
Student Focused Employer
Administrative Operations (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 4, 2016
Opportunity available to advance academically. Shorter work days during the summer with same pay. Time off between Christmas and New Years.
Pros
Educational discount for family
Cons
raises are minimal
Fun but demanding
Volleyball Athlete (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 27, 2016
Being a student athlete was the best thing I could have done in my life. I had fun, learned a lot about myself and the sport, and look forward to taking what I learned and using it in the future.
Nice
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 24, 2016
Is a very nice place to work and raise a family around. Employees are friendly, helpful, and work very hard to finish the job.
Open minded and welcoming atmosphere
Desk Assistant- Merick Hall (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 20, 2016
I have worked the Merick Hall desk for two years now and I have always been impressed at how professional and open minded everyone in the Office of Residence Life is.
Productive and fun place to work
Information Technology Student Labs Student Worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 18, 2016
Productive and fun place to work gaining lot of experience dealing with students, faculty and staff. Being able to help students with their daily IT needs
So glad I made the decision to go to SEMO!
College of Education Office of the Dean (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 17, 2016
At SEMO I was a assistant to the Dean of Education. It was an awesome experience. I was in charge of setting up meeting, appointments, planning events, and answer phone calls. I often able to get help and advice from the dean about education. She was very knowledgeable.
A self-motivating and rewarding job
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 3, 2016
Taking this internship was a good decision I made. The opportunity for networking was there and I took advantage of it. The most enjoyable part about the job was seeing your implementation of an event become successful
Great place for students
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 16, 2016
Being a student worker is great, because you can do both your homework and make money. You get to do your homework and study when you have no active assignments to do.
Pros
work on homework, great environment
University
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 13, 2016
Working experience is good,
learned managing skills,
enjoyed working over there.
good job and learned new technologies and tools of interest
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeast Missouri State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4