SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY

SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

The most enjoyable part of my teaching job
Instructor (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my teaching job was the students. It is so nice to hear after you have taken students on a field trip into a city "I really need to get out in the world more often because there is so much to offer" or hearing other compliments.
Fun lab/field work
Insect surveyor (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MODecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches somedays but always good company
Cons: not long term
Easy going labratory setting with great co-workers and great manegment. Direct deposit checks and fair pay.
student worker
Greenhouse Student Worker (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 11, 2013
Pros: the boss is nice
Cons: if you do not enjoy personal interact this job will be tough
I was a student worker at the horticulture green house on the campus of southeast. The boss is easy to get a long with and very understanding if you have something come up and need off on short notice.
Many growth opportunities
State - Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), MOAugust 31, 2013
Pros: growth opportunities
I was a graduate assistant in the English Department. I loved every minute of SEMO coursework and teaching opportunities.
SEMO is a great retirement job.
Clinical Supervisor of Student Teachers (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 22, 2013
Pros: meeting some wonderful people.
Cons: not enough hours in the day.
We've had a tough time getting a Clinical and Field Supervisor that wants to stay in the position. They have recently hired someone who has and educational background. The Supervisor before her had no educational experience whatsoever. She was an IT person. She was very supportive but lacking the experience needed to address some of the issues.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students and watching them learn and grow. Watching them respond in a favorable way to all suggestions given to them was a enlightening experience. The hardest part of the job is having enough hours in the day to provide the necessary coaching that our students need.

I have developed some wonderful new friends.through SEMO. I have found SEMO to be a great university for those students wanting to become a teacher. – less
Coaching
Assistant Cross Country/Track Coach (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMay 15, 2013
This was just a position that I took on as a volunteer to get some experience in the coaching world that I may be interested in pursuing in the future.
Respected institution, but very high workload
Student Photography Association Member (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: gainshare bonuses
Cons: high stress
I worked in the medical records portion of the Health Information Management office in the evenings and weekends while attending college full-time and also working in the HR office at Sears. While working at the hospital, I learned how to multi-task very quickly and work with very important and confidential documents.

During a typical day there, I – more... would arrive at 3pm and maintain incoming calls for the front desk until about 5:30pm. It was very fast-paced during that time because calls had to be directed very quickly and many requests for medical records from other hospitals and doctors offices had to be sent at the same time. After 5pm, I would be the only person in the office until 11pm and had to maintain the office by myself. That consisted of organizing and filing stacks of returned charts, delivering requested charts to the patient floors, and carrying a beeper maintaining phone calls and record requests. Many doctors would come into the office to do dictations and I needed to be of assistance to them as needed. Also, reports were to be completed and filed for end of day records and for the next morning.

This job was very high in responsibility, confidentiality, workload, and stress. It was at times seemingly impossible to fulfill all duties because of the size of the hospital, but it all got done. During my time there, I gained a true sense of hard work and dedication. – less
Working for the Scene shop and all of the faculty was an awe inspiring opportunity
Scenic Design Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: i feel i learned a lot from the experience i only wish i could stayed on longer.
Cons: my test and quizzes fell on the same weekends as the strike calls and events.
I must admit tearing down trees to ship them from the forest only to cut them up in little pieces and make many forms of the same product. Only to turn around and make a fake tree is not very sustainable. however, It was loads of fun.
Progressive Higher Education Institution
Supervisory Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MONovember 4, 2012
Pros: medium sized school
Cons: lack of a culture scene for persons of color
Southeast Missouri State University is a quality institution located between two major cities (St. Louis, MO & Memphis, TN.). Southeast provides plenty of opportunities for personal & professional growth.
Fun and upbeat office job
Registrar’s Office Student Worker (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 25, 2012
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: dealing with difficult students
I was given files to do data entry on. I was stationed at the front desk of the office. Throughout the day I entered data into the computer system, answered phone calls, assisted students who came in with questions, and helped the professional staff with various data entries.