Southeast Missouri State University Employee Reviews

Relaxed Dept to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working in this department. I liked the students, faculty and my supervisor. The benefits started becoming less therefore my salary starting becoming less. I would still be working there if I had not been offered a job making a lot more money with a lot better benefits.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
poor salary and benefits
Diversified culture
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 30, 2017
A growing higher education institution with many opportunities. Always advancing IT accessibility and expanding growth for students and employees. Allows professional development options.
Pros
Discounted tuition
University with a Loyal Family Atmosphere
Hall Director (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 29, 2017
Worked there once and was welcomed back a second time. The university is mid-size with a small university feel. The benefits package is good, while the pay leaves a bit to be desired. That's the be expected with the current state of public education.
fun, and proactive job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 25, 2017
In this position, you had the chance to make a difference in the lives of SEMO's Students. It was a great feeling, and though there were parts of the job that were not the best, it was always a good feeling at the end of the day.
work study
Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 21, 2017
very slow pace, had a lot of time to do homework during my shifts. small staff easy to get to know every one. hot tub breaks often and patrons will always complain
great place to work
Cape Girardeau MO Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 13, 2017
i love SEMO. its a nice place to work. i wish i can work more time over there. im student in SEMO. as a student i had a good time over there. wish u all the best SEMO
Horrible treatment and awful student worked
Greenhouse (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 3, 2017
Slave labor has a student worker. Underpaid and overworked. Semo sucks and student are annoying and petty af. Rednecks and backwards attitudes like whatever you hillbillies
Pros
Violence against red bird
A great start
Environmental Health and Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 26, 2017
Southeast Missouri State University is a great place to gain experience and learn. My time with the Environmental Health and Safety Department allowed me to learn valuable lessons in an environment that was well structured and balanced. Time management was a very important aspect of the position and multiple projects were always on the board but I truly enjoyed my time there.
Interactive and Customer Service Focused
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 8, 2017
Because our office is the face of the university, we pride ourselves on being personable and having a one stop shop. Answering the phones and fielding calls, should definitely be one of your strong suits in this position.
Fun place to work.
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 26, 2017
Overall a good place to work. A nice environment and the faculty is very helpful. I like the culture of working with a diverse group of students and faculty. The students engage in discussions as well as participate in activities.
Pros
Nice environment and faculty willing to help new employees
Cons
no full-time opportunities
Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 18, 2017
It was wonderful experience working at Southeast MIssouri State University. Overall, it was a knowledgable and informative working as a Laboratory technician.
Nice
Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 3, 2017
Good, nice, hard, challenging, enlightening, testing, a true growing experience for me because this is a university and not a company but I'm filling this out because it's required
Work Place Review
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 19, 2017
I have been a student/worker at SEMO for the past 6 years. I have enjoyed my time hear in both regards. As a Graduate Assistant, I have grown in my office skills and become more professional in the work place.
Fun workplace if you like sports
Soccer Referee (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 1, 2017
A good job if you like sports and know the rules well enough to be a referee. A typical day I would ref around 3-4 games starting around 3pm. The hardest part of the job would be not stooping to the level of the players you are reffing. At times the players take their anger out on you for certain calls and you must stay professional and try your best to explain to them why you made the call you did and to calm them down.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Cold at times
Productive and fun experience
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 28, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of interacting with new students and and providing them with help. There is a schedule for the whole work period. I really enjoyed helping other students.

the job helped me improve many skills including communication and time management.

workplace included many students with different nationalities, an amazing experience to make connections around the world.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with people whom refuse to understand the rules.
Pros
meeting new people
Student worker position
Web Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 27, 2017
It was a typical student worker position, only able to work so many hours in order to keep costs down and make sure students had time to study.
Pros
Worked around school schedule
Cons
20 hours a week
Good opportunity for interpersonal skill and knowledge improvement
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 6, 2017
My job as a Graduate Assistant requires me to support the professors in my assigned faculty and help students to improve their learning experiences. Tasks included:
- Delivering tutoring class
- Grading the exam
- Proctor
- Answering questions from student both offline and online
Fun relaxed place to work
student worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 28, 2016
I assisted the director of the center for child studies at Southeast Missouri State University. I mostly took care of the clerical responsibilities and assisted in classrooms when needed.
Not a bad place to work, great benefits
Student (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 5, 2016
if you are looking at going back to College to finish or start degree, working for the University is the place to come due to the tuition assistance.
Great Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 1, 2016
Excellent workplace, great pay, great benefits, excellent opportunity for advancement and ability to make positive contributions.