Southeast Works

Southeast Works Employee Reviews

Small Agency
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Elma, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons: on call every 2 weeks without compensation, lack of structure
I enjoy working for Southeast Works. I am currently employed with this agency, but am looking elsewhere for employment. I work full time at 40 hours a week, but have a flexible schedule which is great with having a young son. I love my job and enjoy the staff that I work with, but the agency currently lacks structure and a strong management team. I am hoping this is corrected in the near future.
a lot of turnover
Senior Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Depew, NYFebruary 8, 2015
A lot of turnover with employees. The population that we served could not have been more rewarding. A lot to offer Individual's with Disabilities.
NOT RECCOMEND
DRIVER (Former Employee), Depew, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: workers/consumers
Cons: supervision
Management at any level was mediocre at best. Did not care about employees just looked out for #1 management that is. Only positive was the workers/consumers they are good people. Would not recommend working there.
Former Employee
Staff person (Former Employee), Lancaster nyFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: small agency with great individuals!
Cons: very inexperienced management team.
Small agency located in Depew with good workshop. Group homes centrally located, pay not great, but in keeping with other not-for-profits. Management is inexperienced and is often fumbling and do not take accountability for their actions.
a very awarding job
Direct care staff/Day Medical Staff (Former Employee), Depew, NYFebruary 5, 2014
As Day medical I would set up appointments, take residents to appointments, make sure scripts are updates and matching the MAR. I was also my job to make sure there is enough medication in the house.
Typical Day
Service provider (Former Employee), Depew, NYJune 26, 2013
Southeast Works offered a great learning experience, passionate employees, and hard working co-workers
SEW work day
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Depew New YorkApril 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and meaningful work
Cons: short lunch breaks and not a good salary
A typcial day in the life of a Service Coordinator is not an easy one. There are many stressors to this type of work as you are responsible for the lives and well being of about 30 to 35 peple on average. The pay is not very good but the health insurance is very good. I have been there because I love the people I serve. My participants are wonderful people who definately keep life interesting, there is rarely a dull moment.
From my time at Southeast Works I have learned a lot about the workings of Medicaid and Medicare. You have to learn the rules to be able to know what medical services and equipment an individiual is entitled to. I learned the steps of how someone can become eligibble for OPWDD (Office of People with Developments Disabilities) Servoces. I have a great respect for the developmentall disabled. They strive to try and be as indpendent as they can be often wanting to be more independent then they are able to. This population has taught me to be happy for the life I was born to and the opprotunities I have been afforded.
My co-workers are wonderful people. I can bounce ideas off of them or talk out a problem to brian storm for solutions. This group of people are very special and dear to my heart.
The hardest part of my job is putting it down at the end of my work day. I also need a lot of patience for working with my clients. Since they have developmental disabilities sometimes they need things explained to them a certain way and it is my job to figure out what style best works for their understanding. My background in working with children has helped in this department – more... because although I can become frsutrated I never take it out on them because it is not their fault I just need to try a different way.
The most enjoyable part of my work is helping people. I love knowing that my individual is getting to do somethign they enjoy or accomplished something by me helping them find what they need in order to gain this learning. I find helping people to be a very rewarding job. – less
passionate, person centered planning
anonymous (Current Employee), Depew, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: upper management disconnected
Southeast is filled with a culture that fosters creativity, community, and commitment. I have learned so much, grown so much, over the last few years. I have watched the staffs commitment to providing the best services they possibly can and engaging our individuals in some pretty great activities. I am proud to say I work for Southeast Works.
productive
Residential Trainer (Current Employee), lancasterFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: managment
work in a group home with mentally and physically disabled people
help assist with their everyday living .. and teach the skills needed to live on their own one day
I enjoyed working here but did not receive any benefits.
Residential Trainer (Former Employee), Depew, NYMay 23, 2012
Pros: no designated lunch break, diverse environment, decent pay.
Cons: no benefits is a big con, poor management.
Pay was alright, but I feel as if it should be more or else have benefits in conjunction with the current pay rate. Work culture was diverse and comfortable. Management seemed angry all of the time