Southeastern College

Southeastern College Employee Reviews

Formerly Keiser Career College
Instructor (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: the students are great
Cons: management, pay, benefits
If you are expecting to be paid fairly for your degree, certification, and or years of experience, this is definitely not the place to apply. Southeastern College, formerly Keiser Career College, is documented – more... as one of the lowest ranking colleges on the pay scale for instructors and program directors. Your're after the benefits and don't care much about the pay? Good luck; their benefits program is so expensive you'd be better off saving your money and purchasing a plan from someone else.
The first thing I learned about my new employer after taking my position was that they have a hideous reputation in town and had to change their name to hide it. Unfortunately the reputation has been well earned with management, so don't let the name fool you. Stay far, far, away from this sinking ship. – less
Great learning environment
Surgical Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Paid Vacation and sick time
Cons: no teacher lounge
Co-workers really a joy to work with. Class sizes small. Great location to get too. Great equipment in all skills labs. Great hours to work. They offer full time and part time work.
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee), Largo, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: Knowing the students request me to assist them
Cons: No breaks
It is a beautiful sight to see when a student is taking their first step into changing their lives to become someone new and who could be respected. Knowing the students request me to assist them, they know my name and I even get to assist parents with the understanding of financial aid. And they show how appreciative they are.
nice school, but expensive
student (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 10, 2015
Pros: clinicals
Cons: the stress of nursing school
I got a lot of great experience and knowledge from attending this college. The teachers were great and personable. The clinical rotations were excellent as well.
stable work place
Greeter and front desk secretary (Former Employee), HialeahDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great co workers, good pay
Cons: 10am -7 or 8pm made it hard to balance study, work and family life
work was not difficult. co workers were very nice and I was treated well by the dean and managment
Admission Coordinator
Addmission Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: keep busy
Cons: stress to meet high quote for vp
If interviewing for job expect to be in a group interview. They will have one of their employees act like they are there for the interview to listen to your interactions with others. have 10 people come in and only hire 1 person,
School
Registered Nursing Student (Former Employee), St. PetersburgOctober 19, 2014
This school is were my nursing journey started and I will forever be grateful.
Everyone is your friend
Filing Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 28, 2014
Great workplace. Everyone knows how to have fun, but knows when to be serious. I was able to try different types of work so I was able to experience different things.
Productive interactive college with great students and administrative staff
Clincal Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: happy students
Cons: unhappy students
A typical day at Southeastern College is far from typical. The students are great and dedicated about getting a nursing degree. Also, the staff is just as dedicated about the success of the students; its' – more... our passion!
I have learned what it means to be a true team member and part of the "think tank" that helps Southeastern College be successful. The management team is dynamic and serious, but we also know how to have fun and enjoy our student body. However, the hardest part of the job would be trying to get the students to understand that this is not just about going to school, but learning a new why of life, thinking and being.
All in all the best part are the graduations. Seeing the lives of these students change ,and their loved ones so proud of them; proves to be an awesome experience that goes beyond description. – less
Educational Environment
Vice President (Campus Director) (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLMay 20, 2014
Fast paced environment. Student outcomes excellent. Nice facility. Qualified Instructors. Good externship sites.
Enjoyable experience
Practical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to teach
Cons: too business minded
Very competent educators, Sometimes can be business minded vs educational institute and focusing itself to the students.
Productive environment conducive to learning with small class sizes.
Front Desk Receptionist/Massage in student olinic (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 10, 2014
You start out brand new and time flies with all the fast paced fun learning all about the art of Massage therapy from a teacher who knows how to create professionals from the students he is working with.
Class sized small, wonderful , tutoring if needed, all kinds of opportunities to become a professional as if we have 3 years work experience when each student starts out on their new career path.
Awesome Learning Experience
Student Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
I learned a lot while attending Southeastern College. All the Instructors are well educated and have an abundance of knowledge to pass on to there students.
metrics driven/numbers based environment
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: helping those i could
Cons: expensive health care and a metrics based work environment
Typical day includes contacting "leads"
using a script to qualify leads
making appointments conducting "interviews"
Test students enroll them in a program based on their test score even if its not the program he/she wants

sales driven environment
good organization
Lead Nursing Faculty (Adjunct) (Former Employee), St.etersburg, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: good academic environment
Cons: extremely long work hours
Curriculum development. Classroom lesson planning and implementation of daily instruction. Evaluation of student and faculty performance. Administration of board of nursing clinical Examinations. Supervision – more... and evaluation of student clinical and classroom projects. Program and content evaluation including quantitative and qualitative objective measurements. Direct and indirect supervision of students in a clinical setting. Faculty advising and student counseling. – less
Educational atmosphere
Student Services Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 31, 2013
I learned so much about office work and professionalism here.
enjoyed co-workers
Accounts Payable/Student Accounts (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlJuly 19, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: not very accommidating for staff
processed all payables or the university, student services, back up for cashier
Fast pace fun environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 19, 2013
Pros: always challenging and great growth in skill set
Cons: financial growth
I perform human resource duties for staff and faculty on a daily basis. I credential and get approved all incoming faculty members. I ensure that we pass all ongoing accreditations that effect our facility funding. In addition, I support our vice president and dean of academics.
Great Leadership
Program & Externship Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FloridaFebruary 4, 2013
The Dean is a knowledgeable man and great to work with! The instructors are all extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with.
unprofessional!!!!
manager level (Former Employee), miami lakesJanuary 3, 2013
Cons: everythin
if you like micro managing this is the place for you. Supervisors in all dept micro manage not only their dept but try to step in to other depts and boss every one around. worst place i ever worked. Forced OT but not paid, then had to use sick time to go to dr appts ect. very unfair to their employees. also pay was terrible

Southeastern College Salaries