Southeastern College Employee Reviews

Great Place To Begin
Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 8, 2016
Southeastern College has a great atmosphere and it's a perfect place if you're looking to start in the higher education field, or even if you're looking to grow.
Very enjoyable busy and mentally stimulating and very rewarding
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2016
Southeastern College was a wonderful place to work. Very stimulating intellectually and rewarding to see students learning and continuing on with their careers
Pros
Wonderful management that supported faculty and students
Cons
College closed in 2016
Positive
Practical Nursing Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2016
Before the nursing program entered into a teach-out, my colleagues and I all had a very family-oiriented relationship. This made for a very postive work environment.
Friendly Enviroment
Assistant Professor of Biology (Health Sciences) (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 23, 2016
My day everytime I use to be there was a very respectul enviroment where the students, most of them, quiet but i always made them be active during the class. I was a tool and was there to help them.
Awful
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
Worse mistake I have made of my professional career. Horrible management no work life balance, management are airheads no clear direction and campus shut down due to poor financial management.
Pros
Cons
Awful
Southeastern College
Surgical Technology Program Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2016
Nice working environment. Campus VP supported the Surgical Tech program and allowed me to take on all responsibilities as a program director with very little interference.

When program was transferred to Keiser University I found that the staff and faculty were very helpful and accommodating when asked.
Pros
Overall supportive environment
No comment
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Enjoyed meeting new co workers. Great boss, who took the time to answer each question without hesitation. Would have loved to continue the job.
No Job Security
Senior Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I worked for SEC 3 and Half months before I was laid off only allowed 2 full starts be being laid of told its not my fault just had to cut back.
Pros
Non
Cons
to many to name
productive and fun workplace with potential
Dean/Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 8, 2015
Southeastern College provides career education in an environment of personalized attention that simulates the real world.

Small Class Sizes
Hands on Training
Good learning experience.
Caring atmosphere
Student centered
Fun work place with supportive management.
Cons
n/a
Work study/ student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2015
I organized students/staff files. Set up offices for meetings, helped answer phones when needed. Fax and made copies for instructors. Studied and did homework
Competitive school
PN3 Instructor/Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 12, 2015
Southeastern College worked hard to be one of the top career colleges in the area. The members of the staff were encouraged to use their background, experience, and expert knowledge to help the students to achieve their best.
Formerly Keiser Career College
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJune 24, 2015
If you are expecting to be paid fairly for your degree, certification, and or years of experience, this is definitely not the place to apply. Southeastern College, formerly Keiser Career College, is documented as one of the lowest ranking colleges on the pay scale for instructors and program directors. Your're after the benefits and don't care much about the pay? Good luck; their benefits program is so expensive you'd be better off saving your money and purchasing a plan from someone else.
The first thing I learned about my new employer after taking my position was that they have a hideous reputation in town and had to change their name to hide it. Unfortunately the reputation has been well earned with management, so don't let the name fool you. Stay far, far, away from this sinking ship.
Pros
the students are great
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Great learning environment
Surgical Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2015
Co-workers really a joy to work with. Class sizes small. Great location to get too. Great equipment in all skills labs. Great hours to work. They offer full time and part time work.
Pros
Paid Vacation and sick time
Cons
no teacher lounge
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 9, 2015
It is a beautiful sight to see when a student is taking their first step into changing their lives to become someone new and who could be respected. Knowing the students request me to assist them, they know my name and I even get to assist parents with the understanding of financial aid. And they show how appreciative they are.
Pros
Knowing the students request me to assist them
Cons
No breaks
nice school, but expensive
student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2015
I got a lot of great experience and knowledge from attending this college. The teachers were great and personable. The clinical rotations were excellent as well.
Pros
clinicals
Cons
the stress of nursing school
stable work place
Greeter and front desk secretary (Former Employee) –  HialeahDecember 13, 2014
work was not difficult. co workers were very nice and I was treated well by the dean and managment
Pros
great co workers, good pay
Cons
10am -7 or 8pm made it hard to balance study, work and family life
Admission Coordinator
Addmission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaNovember 11, 2014
If interviewing for job expect to be in a group interview. They will have one of their employees act like they are there for the interview to listen to your interactions with others. have 10 people come in and only hire 1 person,
Pros
Keep Busy
Cons
Stress to meet high quote for VP
School
Registered Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  St. PetersburgOctober 19, 2014
This school is were my nursing journey started and I will forever be grateful.
Everyone is your friend
Filing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 28, 2014
Great workplace. Everyone knows how to have fun, but knows when to be serious. I was able to try different types of work so I was able to experience different things.
Productive interactive college with great students and administrative staff
Clincal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at Southeastern College is far from typical. The students are great and dedicated about getting a nursing degree. Also, the staff is just as dedicated about the success of the students; its' our passion!
I have learned what it means to be a true team member and part of the "think tank" that helps Southeastern College be successful. The management team is dynamic and serious, but we also know how to have fun and enjoy our student body. However, the hardest part of the job would be trying to get the students to understand that this is not just about going to school, but learning a new why of life, thinking and being.
All in all the best part are the graduations. Seeing the lives of these students change ,and their loved ones so proud of them; proves to be an awesome experience that goes beyond description.
Pros
Happy students
Cons
Unhappy Students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern College. Our community is ready to answer.