Southeastern Freight Lines Employee Reviews in United States

Basically good company, but changing culture rapidly.
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 4, 2016
SEFL has been a company that can be admired for 50 years. Unfortunately, Senior Management hires in the last few years is changing the culture motto of "Take care of the people and they will take care of the company". It is turning into a company like most others where the bottom line profit is all that is important. The employees in most arrears are overworked, underpaid and the expectations of those employees increases quite often.
Pros
on site gym, good benefits
Cons
Micro-management
Great culture
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 9, 2016
I have worked at Southeastern Freight LInes since highschool. The culture has kept me. They are a great company to work for and take care of their employees.
Pros
benefits, wages, culture
Cons
hours, working in the elements
Growing company, but as for the louisville, Ky service center They need a better inbound supervisor
LTL P&D Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2016
Inbound supervisor is the most ridiculous boss I have ever had.
I've been a supervisor and I could never even imagine treating my employees the way this person does. Between the threats on write ups for literally just not getting stops off in a timely manner to the all around culture destruction of the company.
Pros
Pay, Good group of guys.
Cons
Inbound supervisor, Management for not listening to their drivers about this fool.
Great job security.
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 5, 2016
The company overall isn't bad. They preach a lot about culture, but it's merely something good to talk about, but at the local level it's not practiced. If you know anything about LTL, it's your typical freight carrier. If you are a hard worker expect a heavy work load and a lot of late nights. Hard work is rewarded with more work. On the other hand, if you're lazy they will give you the easiest routes and can be assured most days to be off by 5:00 pm. The benefits are pretty good, with reasonable health insurance premiums, vacation, personal days, and off holidays. SEFL doesn't layoff so during the winter months expect to be rotated off at least once during the week, at some locations you could possibly only work three days a week but that doesn't happen very often but does happen. There is a lot of room for advancement here, I've seen dock workers throughout the years advance all the way up to terminal managers, but at the same time, the turnover rate for supervisors seem to be pretty high. Going into management at SEFL is virtually a career suicide, so just be cautious if your goal is to climb the ladder. To be successful you have to be in their "click."
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Hard work seldom rewarded
Great Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 18, 2016
I have only worked here for 1 month (temporary assignment) but during my short presence here, I must say that this is a great company to work for. The employees are very sweet and caring and very helpful. They never made me feel like I was being a burden when I need to ask a question. Since my assignment is up at the end of the month, I applied to an open position at this company. Fingers cross!
Pros
Great company, Great employees
Good paying job for people entering the work force
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work would be where I would move freight, mostly pallets, from inbound trailers to outbound trailers. Some days most of my work day would be involved with moving culp rolls. A great way to get more hours would be to to go in at around 2:00 and move nautica boxes. I rather enjoyed the work environment and got along well with both management and my coworkers.
poor mgmt
Maintenance Shop Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2016
good place to work, but understand you will not receive up to date training, tools or diagnostic practices. still uses DOS platform software in the shop, parts availability is poor
Pros
pay
Cons
training, rules change according to what the need daily
Great values and teamwork. Great leadership and vision to putting the customer and their people first.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 8, 2014
A great company to work for if you are a driver, and a great training ground for management field. They have solid benefits and treat their people with respect. Work and personal life balance is very hard, but that is the nature of this business. The pay is very competitive and the culture is great.....but like anything else, it is what you make of it. Be a contributor and team player, working hard and giving your best, and you will be a great asset and have a long career there. I certainly value my time and the growth I attained here.
Pros
ownership, management, values, vision, benefits
Cons
hours, work life balance
Great Organization!
Inbound Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2016
Southeastern is a great organization to work for. The leadership truly cares about the employees and will invest in their professional development.
The upper management is some of the best.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2016
The upper management is some of the best. Competitive pay. Good benefits. A good competitor in the southeast transportation industry.
Producitive workpalce
Outbound Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 15, 2016
I leaned lots of everyday skills. I enjoyed ganging the experience with the company. It was the best company Ive worked for.
It's a job
OS&D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 10, 2016
Work hard, put your 40 in and go home. You deal with customers who have issues and try to work through them. That's pretty much how it is every day.
Pros
You get A/C.
Cons
What is a free lunch?
Very racist at smaller terminals
Skipper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
Terminal in Jackson, tn only has one black driver. Terminal manager only hires whites. Several Of My Friends And Self Tried To Get A Job There. Last black that was hired there was 15 years ago.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only hire whites
regular job
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
good pay but employer treats certain people differently for example if someone cant do their job they make it essy for him and harder for the next guy
Solid company, with a great track record of taking care of there employees. Money is spent on the facilities, and on there people.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  5800 Martin Street Ft. Worth, Tx. 756119September 15, 2015
I worked nights for 7 years. 11:00 pm until I was able to leave which was usually not until noon. I had 30 minutes for lunch, which I was usually not able to take.. More pressure placed on me rather than me co-workers, because of my experience. Asked to be moved, and they were unable to accommodate. Work/life balance was too much...Need to change the scene..
good company but not teamwork
admin II (Current Employee) –  ft lauderdale flAugust 11, 2015
good company and great benefits just team work and cross training is very lacking. wish management would listen more. benefits are very good at this company
Not for me!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2016
As they say, just because it's a good company, doesn't always mean you are a good fit! There is not much more I can say about it.
Pros
Processes
Cons
Expectations
Excellent company
Freight (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 15, 2016
Company is extremely geared towards production deadlines. Great atmosphere and quality people. Working as a team is an essential aspect of completing goals. Meetings keep you informed of all changes within the time constraints.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Pace
a good job,but could be a better job
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 28, 2014
co workers are excellent for the most part, most do live the culture provided within the company. I I do feel like your held most accountable for the things do wrong versus all the good you do for the company. I don't feel as its a company culture of the company as a whole ,but more or less just the leadership at the terminal we are currently at.. The feeling where everyone is replacable but not appreciated is the case here. Southeastern has been outstanding when it comes to benefits , competitive pay, and the environment for the most part is great! just a few fixes on my opinion and the job sites could be a very rewarding place to work without a doubt.
Pros
benefits, are great
Cons
short breaks, fast pace environment at times
I like my job it has its. moments, the guys are all on the same side as far as what the culture should be like.
Warehouse Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 1, 2015
You try and do the best you can and it goes unnoticed. Lost some good guys because the culture isn't there in atx. The guys i work with are experienced and a bunch a great guys..management on the other hand starts at the top..we need changes.
Pros
Good money for a dock worker and driver. I like my job
Cons
the culture isnt there on the management side, no appreciation for the hard work you do from terminal manager. It's all about numbers, you can bust your tail and it would go unnoticed.

4.2