Southeastern Freight Lines Employee Reviews

Great pay and good people.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Schertz, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: good people and amazing benefits as well as pay.
Cons: no breaks, really fast paced enviroment.
Freight handling and forklift operating.
Using scanners and loading freight into the right trailer.
conversing with co workers in downtime.
Learned how to handle large amounts of freight in a fast paced environment.
Sometimes more was expected from certain individuals.
Excellent place to work everyday
INBOUND DOCK HANDLER (OSHA FORKLIFT CERTIFIED) (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: nice place to work plus good pay
Cons: na
Excellent place to work, we work like a team, good attitude, the people are really nice, and everyday we resolve different problems between us. Good working environment.
Great family owned trucking company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2015
This company is family owned by the Cassel's. Great company that typically respects you and takes care of you. Unfortunately, this company has grown significantly which has forced the Cassel family to bring in outside leaders to run the business. Can definitely tell the company has out grown its family feel
good company but not teamwork
admin II (Current Employee), ft lauderdale flAugust 11, 2015
good company and great benefits just team work and cross training is very lacking. wish management would listen more. benefits are very good at this company
best company I worked for
City Driver (Former Employee), Thonotosassa, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: ran same route got to know customers
Had a good job with good benefits,worked with good people.Got to know customers seen everyday.Was payed well the owners took good care of employees
SEFL
Shop worker (Current Employee), Austell, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Awesome benefits and frequent raises
Cons: none
I love working for this company! Great people and great company to work for! Awesome benefits, frequent raises!
I work 10 hours a day servicing trucks. You don't have to work 10 hours if you don't want, but I choose to work longer hours for more money. Coworkers are helpful, great boss! Pay is good!
I like my job it has its. moments, the guys are all on the same side as far as what the culture should be like.
Warehouse Dock Associate (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good money for a dock worker and driver. I like my job
Cons: the culture isnt there on the management side, no appreciation for the hard work you do from terminal manager. It's all about numbers, you can bust your tail and it would go unnoticed.
You try and do the best you can and it goes unnoticed. Lost some good guys because the culture isn't there in atx. The guys i work with are experienced and a bunch a great guys..management on the other hand starts at the top..we need changes.
Great place to work bad place to have a career
Freight handler-contractor (Current Employee), Mauldin, SCApril 21, 2015
Its great for first job. getting on full time seems random and the work/hours are hard, but the pay is great if you get any hours. the guys you work with will be pretty great.
Productive and overall nice place to work.
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARMarch 30, 2015
Pros: 401k at part time, good starting pay, and they train you to get your CDL.
Cons: Hard work at times, you work in the elements(if it's cold outside, its cold where you're working, if it's hot, it's hot where youre working.) Learning how to make all the freight fit in a tractor trailer.
Normal day is come into work and start immediately with unloading and loading trucks and basically don't finish until the job gets done. You learn many different traits about the company and how everything gets shipped, the hardest part of the job is just making sure you get all the freight to fit in the trailer its supposed to arrive on. Other than that its a pretty nice place to work for and room for growth.
N/A
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
I'd be on the computer all day. I learned to reevaluate and double check for errors before sending off bill of lading. My management was alright. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we had teams for which certain cities we would bill, so many of us could relate to the same bills given to us.
No loyalty, poor management, good benefits
SC Admin (Former Employee), GeorgiaMarch 2, 2015
There is no loyalty for those who have been loyal. Advancement opportunities are not posted therefore equal opportunity is moot. Unless you're a "YES" man or one of the "good ole boys" there really isn't anywhere to go.

Some of the managers are very ignorant and unqualified. They were appointed to positions that are above their level of intelligence and now that the company has begun to somewhat evolve and grow, their ability to manage is poor, pathetic really.

If you are someone that isn't familiar with this industry, then this is the place for you. They like to hire people that basically don't know any better.
has a good dispatcher
Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City OKFebruary 18, 2015
would clock in review shipment's for the day checking for missing load or damaged load do a pretrip on truck an trailer before leaving out drive 350 miles making del an pickups
Great company to work for!
P&D Driver (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay and work environment
Cons: not home until 8-9pm during the week
One of the best companies I ever had the pleasure to work for. They train you well, provide you with the best resources to do your job, and pay more than most companies in their industry. If you are in the trucking industry, look no further for a place to work!
Great company, great benifits, great pay.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay/benefits.
Cons: i do not like sharing a truck, other drivers do not respect your truck, and company claims to prevent smoking in a non smoking truck, with no consequences to drivers that break the rules.
I start work at around 7 pm every night, I drive all night in a day cab, I check into a hotel every morning between 6am-10am. I'm just trying to get into a company where I could possibly have more time at home. My job at southeastern has no room for advancement other than yearly pay raises.
a good job,but could be a better job
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, are great
Cons: short breaks, fast pace environment at times
co workers are excellent for the most part, most do live the culture provided within the company. I I do feel like your held most accountable for the things do wrong versus all the good you do for the company. I don't feel as its a company culture of the company as a whole ,but more or less just the leadership at the terminal we are currently at.. The feeling where everyone is replacable but not appreciated is the case here. Southeastern has been outstanding when it comes to benefits , competitive pay, and the environment for the most part is great! just a few fixes on my opinion and the job sites could be a very rewarding place to work without a doubt.
everyday you are challenged to be your best
DOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GANovember 23, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: short breaks, not much home life
The rewards for hard work are great. This company treats you like a valueable asset, not just a number.
good company to work for if hired on
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 28, 2014
Pros: cook-outs & good pay
Cons: procrastination with full-time hire on
They took too long to hire me on as full-time didn't feel like it was worth staying there.
Great values and teamwork. Great leadership and vision to putting the customer and their people first.
Operations (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 8, 2014
Pros: ownership, management, values, vision, benefits
Cons: hours, work life balance
A great company to work for if you are a driver, and a great training ground for management field. They have solid benefits and treat their people with respect. Work and personal life balance is very hard, but that is the nature of this business. The pay is very competitive and the culture is great.....but like anything else, it is what you make of it. Be a contributor and team player, working hard and giving your best, and you will be a great asset and have a long career there. I certainly value my time and the growth I attained here.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours, vacation time
Long hours, monotonous work day in and day out, decent benefits
Learned Teamwork and to adapt to overcome problems
Engineering department head (Former Employee), ingleside TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long deployments
Best experience in my proffesional life traveled the world while serving my country proudly