Southeastern Illinois College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJune 25, 2015
Southeastern Illinois College provides its students with an assortment of classes that prepares them for jobs after graduation. For being a small school, it does a very good job in preparing students in job skills after graduation
Pros
Fewer students in classes
Cons
Not teaching more than one class a semester
Enjoyable place to work
Full Time LRC Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILAugust 7, 2014
Working in the library assisting the students was a very fulfilling job for me. As a young girl I always thought I would be a teacher, I am sorry to say that never materialized but working in the library my dream job came true. I was helping students of all ages find materials they needed for research and some how to use the computer for the first time. It was very rewarding.

It was good to see my nursing students move on to work in the real world and when my daughter was expecting I had encountered a few of them and they were very glad to help me with checking in on my daughters’ progress. Helping others can come back around full circle in life.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
wages were stiffled.
Southeastern College
Office Assistant, Business Technology Program (Former Employee) –  Golconda, ILJune 19, 2014
A typical day at Southeastern College was great! I learned how to work in an office enviroment with duties like, filing and processing documents, how to use Microsoft programs, answer and transfer phone calls thru a switchboard operator system, as well as housekeeping and other office duties. My office managers were smart, fun, and generous people to be around. My co-workers were excellent and hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job was learning some of the Microsoft programs but after a while i got better at them. The most enjoyable part of my day was being in the office enviroment with such a flawless Office Manager.
Pros
leaned great tools and trades of life
Cons
n/a
Fun, close-knit
Office Worker and Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILApril 9, 2014
Everyone is very friendly and eager to help you with anything. A typical day for me consists of filing papers and working students or helping organize events. My coworkers are very pleasant. There really isn't anything too hard or difficult about my job. When I get involved in something that is very occupying or field trips.
Pros
really nice supervisor's and flexible hours.
Cons
low pay and no benefits.
professional staff, good place to work
Job Preparedness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg ILJune 12, 2013
Enjoyed the chance to meet and work with professional staff.
Fun workplace & room to expand
Events Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILApril 2, 2013
My current job is a nice environment to work. The staff in friendly and there is room to expand.
• Follow instructions, policies, procedures, professional appearance, and friendly demeanor
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJune 15, 2012
• Answered main multi-line switchboard, greeted all clients and associates in a professional manner
• Managed all employees travel arrangements, ordered all new hire business cards and name plate
• Maintained vendors and office equipment supplies, large mass mailings in/out of states
• Received and sorted all in/outbound international shipping by weight, zones, and zip codes
• Scheduled conference rooms, ordered breakfasts and lunches for meetings
• Ability to deal with high volumes of public contact, passing out keycards of the office to employees

4.5