Southeastern Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful, family like atmosphere
Vice President of Post Acute Service (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 8, 2017
A progressive, high quality organization. Family oriented high demand rural organization. Southeastern continues to find ways of providing advance healthcare in a rural, economically depressed area. We serve a high Medicare population with a low literacy rate and high poverty.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
Resources are limited
I enjoyed the many people I got to meet and
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 5, 2017
The pay should be better and some of the staff need attitudes adjusted. I miss the job and knowing I made someone smile or feel just a little better. Favoritism is a real problem as well.
Pros
Met some nice people and became like family.
Cons
Pay wasn't enough for all job duties being added to our job.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 27, 2016
This has been the highlight of my career, the opportunity of experiences was endless. I was able to witness CNA's up to Dr's work in this environment.
Not what it used to be.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2016
Too many good staff leaving on their own or have had their jobs eliminated. Financial cutbacks are so obvious patients can tell the difference. Thought I would retire from here, now the sense of job insecurity is too real.
Poorly Functioning Facility.
Nursing Assistant, Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 29, 2016
Limited lunch breaks. Patient to provider and nurse ratio is unsafe. There are very limited resources available, especially during critical moments. Management changes protocols regularly.
Productive work enviornment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cardio PulmonaryNovember 7, 2016
This facility is real busy. A typical shift consists of various treatments, etc that is in a Respiratory Therapist's job description. Since the facility is so big and busy, there are many Respiratory Therapists employed. This can be a plus or minus during a shift.
Pros
Busy work environment. Learning Opportunity.
Cons
Short Breaks
Why allow a temp.agency staff workers?
Never could get others hired there. (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 14, 2016
A hospital should not allow a temp. Agency to staff their institution. It reduces the deserved pay rate of the employee and then the concept is others believe the hospital does not pay well. Integrity first. People will have better morale and treat the patients and families better if they were getting paid what they were worth. The staffing agency is also clearly hiring on a cronyism.
Decent place to work, if you have tough skin..
Phlebotomist Technician(former employee) (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 11, 2016
Was a decent place of employment. The hospital is as a whole was beautiful, but some of the departments,really needed a attitude adjustment. Especially the ER department. When it was your turn to cover the ER, you better had brought your A game that day or else you were out of luck..And don't you dare have a "bad stick" and need help,because you didn't get it. All you would get was grief from the ER physician wanting to know Why??
Pros
Staff lunches, team work from some of your co workers
Cons
Attitude from the Upper staff, and ER Dr's
productive place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 15, 2016
Would be a great place to work if there was adequate staffing and better management. Nice environment and good co-workers.
Growing Hospital
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 18, 2016
Responsibilities included preparing monthly financial statements and statistical data. Maintained Fixed Asset System and assisted in preparing annual budget. Performed accounts payable and payroll functions by coding invoices, entering payroll data for biweekly payroll, and prepared quarterly payroll tax reports.
Great workplace enviroment
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 29, 2016
I started my career at SRMC. It was the best experience I could have asked for! While there I worked in many positions and enjoyed the day to day routine. I developed a lot of close relationships with my coworkers while there. I could not have asked for a better job.
Productive and a great place to work
Human Resource Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Southeastern Regional is one of the best places to work because the employees are friendly and a team player. The salary was great and the hours are wonderful
Pros
New work experiences
Cons
Temporary assignment
ok place to work
Emergency Room Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 23, 2015
short staffed and management does not value their workers, trying to go to school to better yourself they will not readjust your schedule not unless you are not a nurse. I had to struggle to get my degree.
Pros
no pros
Cons
underpaid
Responsibility
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 26, 2015
In the many years as a Nurse assistant I enjoyed caring for patients and giving respite care as well as to provide the necessary care that was needed. Quality assurance was the purpose to helping the patients in quality care and to be able to provide privacy and to guard the patient personal information as well as implement dignity and care.
Pros
difference in pay of shift difference and on the weekend
Cons
Having to work on holiday
Typical office work; a lot of opportunity for professional growth
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 13, 2015
Hours from 8-5 with a hour lunch, additional multiple tasks assigned daily and were expected to be completed at the end of the work day, along with regular work. Management and co-workers are encouraging.
Its not the best place to work any more
CNA (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 9, 2015
I have learned not what to do. The job has inexperienced people working the office in small departments and they cant seem to get it together.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Radiological, CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lumberton NCJune 10, 2015
I have a desire to use my education to lead as Director or Executive.
I come in and check all supplies and work area to ensure safe conditions and neatness.
Family environment depending on unit
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  lumberton, ncJune 3, 2015
I've worked here on different units, most of which had a family atmosphere. Advancement here depends on who you know, not what experience you have unfortunately.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Patient population is noncompliant on medical treatment. More expected from staff than possible.
great place to experience health care.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 1, 2015
People I work with were helpful. Teamwork is ok. You get to meet new people everyday. Flexible, you can choose your schedule.
Pros
Great Experience.
Cons
short breaks. sometimes you don't get one.
Pretty good place to work for.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 26, 2015
Come in and most people would do the job they were assigned and got along. Worked together to get the job done. You would do anything from typing to exchanging med carts
Pros
Health benefits, good people
Cons
rotating shifts, working every other weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southeastern Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location