Southeastern Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 9, 2017
Very fast paced, always something new and exciting to learn. The professional peers were always ready to teach new people new processes and ways of being more effective and safe on our job.
Na
Nurisng 1 (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 1, 2017
great leader ship good co workers very clean hospital pt care very good. clean work area company goals on pt care wait time in the emergancy department
Patient Accounts Collector/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 27, 2017
This job offered great benefits, pay and hours. It was a great place to work. I worked with fantastic people and each day was a different challenge, which I enjoyed. I enjoyed working in a hospital setting.
Great employees
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 16, 2017
Call is too much. They really need to be 24.7 or at least add a 2nd shift. They claim the volume isn't there but i worked all night on call before, often. Then have to return for 8am shift in the morning.
Pros
great employees
Cons
Call
Productive job
Retired (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 15, 2017
I learned that it is important to know how to prioritize my work for the day. It will help make your day run smooth. Always meet deadlines on time.
I had no problem with management.
The hardest part of the job was having to tell management an applicant didn't meet requirements in training. When training someone you do all you can to help them learn the system. There was allotted time for training and the applicant had to show some improvement within that time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure co-workers had what they needed to get the job done each day and getting my work done at the same time. Multitasking was enjoyable for me.
Pros
Knowing my job was still available.
Cons
Feared someone telling me I no longer had a job.
Hard work
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 5, 2017
I would not advise anyone to work here a lot of lazy people don't pull their load . Management don't listen to you they have their picks and the picks pretty much runs the show .
Pros
Cons
Short breaks under paid
Good place to work with great benefits.
Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 9, 2017
Good benefits with coworkers working together to achieve their main goals. Good benefits at a comparative price. Pay does not compensate work required,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay not so great
Unappreciative and immature
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 26, 2017
The Laboratory as SERMC has a horrific turn over the in house lab manager is very unprofessional and engages in favoritism and gossip. The staff while sometimes friendly can also be hard to work with during my brief time there we experienced high volumes and low morale. Other departments can visibly see the discord with the lab staff which makes for an unprofessional and stressful environment.
Pros
networking with other departments, high level of patient interaction
Cons
micromanagement, favoritism, low morale, frequent turn over, high volume expectancy
Mostly enjoyable workplace, with a few good people
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 14, 2017
SRMC as a whole was a decent place of employment, most of the people were nice, but the best part was the patient interactions. Management was okay too.
Pros
Fun coworkers, and patients.
Cons
Management was a little poor.
excellent experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 12, 2017
Plenty of room to learn and grown. I worked in the ER that can become very stressful and demanding. Never a dull moment. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff
Pros
busy
Environment
Utilization Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 20, 2017
Enjoyed working for 20+ years. Good people and friends work together to help whenever possible. We have each other's back. A happy and friendly place to work with a great atmosphere. A team of experts that love helping others. A compassionate and caring place to work.
Seemed good in the beginning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 16, 2017
Started out good or so I thought. Gossipy co-workers. Management was very deceptive. Letting loyal workers go without notice. Keeping unqualified workers instead. Will never work here again!
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing managers. Very deceptive and dishonest
Temporary work
nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 12, 2017
i started here in may of 2016, and the way my collegues treat the patients was not up to the standard that that i was use to. I ended up quoting 3 month after starting
An average place to work
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  NCMay 18, 2017
An average place to work. Not a happy work environment because of bad management. The pay is poor and sometimes the workload can be outrageous. Also too many double standard.
Very Nice place to work
Fitness Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Springs, NCApril 18, 2017
Small place so it is very is to get to know everyone. Very welcoming group in staff and customers. Very easy work days. The company teaches you all the things that you will need to know. Managers very fun and playful. She would rather work with you then to tell you what to do.
My job was very satisfing loved my coworkers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 4, 2017
Working at an inpatient pharmacy was a great experience. Although I did not get to meet the patients I made or sent meds for, I was happy knowing I had a part in helping. Was able to see many things that you do not see on a daily basis!!
Pros
Pay, Job, Co Workers
An ok place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 20, 2017
SRMC has a high turnover rate. Management can be a bit dysfunctional and things get heard through the grapevine before they are announced. Office can be a bit unorganized.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
A wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Provide optimal level of care to clients/ Assist with family needs/ Assist MD as needed. Provided instructional group as needed. Typical day would be attending to 13 patients, administering medication as order, active listening to the patients. Charting every hours and as needed. Enjoyable environment.
Pros
wonderful staff to work with
Cons
Fully staff now and limited hours to work are available.
ok workplace.and good people
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lumberton ncFebruary 8, 2017
I worked 5am till 230 pm on time every day performed by best every time
The job was simple and steady but didn't have a lot to do but still averaged 40 hours
over worked under paid employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Over worked under paid for most employees, management showed favoritism to housekeeping supervisors on 2nd shift housekeeping supervisor showed to much favoritism to certain employees while others had to bust their butts, 2nd shift housekeeper lead hardly worked an was getting paid to be in transport flirting, reported to housekeeping management but did no good. So I an other housekeepers quit,not enough pay for $7.75 . My advice go elsewhere or stay unemployed
Pros
none at all
Cons
short breaks, under paid, to much favoritism, supervisor an housekeeper lead on 2nd are no good unless you a favorite or family, get wrote up if just a minute late, management no help, just a bad place if you in housekeeping