SoutheastHEALTH Employee Reviews

It was once an exellent place to be. Progessive and with vision.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 22, 2016
Changes in the health care field have made it difficult to excel in promoting ideas that espouse effectiveness and efficiency, eliminating waste and improving the processes for good healthcare. But it may be time for a change for the better.
Pros
Excellent nurses and patients to be with.
Cons
Time for a change!
Uncertain Future at Southeast Health
Perioperative Worker (Current Employee) –  Main Hospital - Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 31, 2016
What other reviewers say is true, the company has been through tumultuous upheaval in recent years. There's been massive turnover at the executive, managerial and every level. In truth, the hospital very nearly went under due to heinous past business decisions. We're now back on the upswing they say, but at the cost of slashed pay, eroding benefits, and basic job security for many. There is an atmosphere of uncertainty and tension all around, with even the loyal employees who haven't jumped ship calculating just how much longer we can afford to wait for things to improve before we have to seek out better opportunities for ourselves and our families elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits, if unstable; on-site cafeteria
Cons
Below average pay, job uncertainty
great co-workers
Phlebotomist/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 29, 2016
For working the overnight shift, it was fairly fast paced and kept me busy. I enjoyed the environment of the hospital at night, unfortunately, night shifts do not work well with my life outside of work.
Southeast He!! The difference IS how you're treated!
Healthcare professional (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau HospitalJuly 28, 2015
Very unsafe for patients due to inadequate staff. Inadequate staff due to budget cuts and people who continue to flee in mass numbers to get away from the stress. Management will not replace lost staff because hospital is still in big financial trouble. Employees are treated poorly. You are threatened with loss of job if you try to make suggestions for improvement. Low morale reigns supreme. Employees and patients are paying the price for years of poor management.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, poor management in my department, low job satisfaction, poor work-life balance.
SoutheastHEALTH is failing miserably
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 8, 2015
Everyday you are worried about losing your job because there is so much turnover. The hospital has made so many bad business decisions in the last 5 years, I don't see where they can make it up. It is a sinking ship.
Pros
The front line staff and nurse managers.
Cons
VP's and board are quickly sinking the ship.
Over worked for no pay
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape girardeauNovember 5, 2014
They should program robots to make them how they want because when your doing the orientation they make it seem like you can speak nor breathe! I've been in medical field for quite sometime and big offices at that! Never did I feel like I had to watch or think about what I said until here even if modest it was wrong. Not to mention I worked 42.5 hours in one week. In a normal world that would mean 2.5 hours overtime. Will they consider 41.25 hours a normal workweek and then 1.25 hour overtime which was paid at Minimum WAGE! no lunch break at all. Your lucky to get 20 minutes if that! I wouldn't recommend working for them by any means. They make money you would think they would appreciate their employees a bit more.
Pros
Cons
A ton
Management Top Heavy - Workers Stressed to Max
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Rather not sayAugust 16, 2014
The benefits there are decent, but you never know from day to day when your number will come up and you will be let go. Management doesn't have a clue about their employees because too are overworked. Administration leans of management to cut costs and management pushes employees to the point they are about to explode. I personally witnessed at least two people succumb to nervous breakdowns while I was working there.

There are far too many bosses. This is because they are all related in some way.

The hospital has become this way over the last two years. I was employed there for over 20 years and saw this place go from a caring family hospital to a place where everyone is stressed and fearing for their job at all times. If you simply want a job, I suppose this would suffice only because of the benefits. Don't think of it as a place for a career though. Enter at your own risk as a employee.

In closing.....at Southeast, the difference is the way your DELETED.
Pros
Good Benefits....until your fired.
Cons
Management, Stress, Overwork, Too many Bosses
Poor management, unstable upper management, too many chiefs
RN (Former Employee) –  Cancer CenterFebruary 4, 2014
Hardest part of job...learning how to pacify management. Typical day at work involves staying on phone for hours returning pt calls, verifying insurance, while trying to find time to call in scripts, review charts, and attend needless mandatory meetings. Co-workers afraid to speak up from fear of losing job. Very unstable atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of job: patients.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Horrible pay, no breaks, after-hour expectations with no pay, terrible management
Great coworkers and enjoyable management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 13, 2013
A typical day at work consists of time management, patient care, and prioritizing. Management is improving on a daily basis. SoutheastHEALTH is a great place to work for.
Pros
Discounts at the cafeteria and gift shop.
Cons
Short to no breaks
Great company with an excellent culture of care and compassion.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 22, 2013
Great company with an excellent culture of care and compassion. Southeast believes in its mission, vision and values.