Southern California Edison (SCE) Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work life balance
SCCM Analyst / Application Packager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Provided me a foundation to build my career in IT. Excellent management and perfect place to begin a career. Worked as part of the migration from Win XP to Win 7.
Great Benefits
Project Manager, Business Planning (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJanuary 18, 2016
SCE is an old school bureaucratic establishment that is trying to reinvent its values and culture from an hierarchical management style to a more progressive state. Overall this industry will continue to struggle with new technologies that disrupt their business model.
Cons
Not challenging
An excellent company that offered me many years of happiness
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 11, 2015
I started at this company in my early 20s and was given limitless opportunities to grow and learn. During my 16 years, there I had exposure to many support areas and job responsibilities.

I loved the leadership and opportunities I was given - it made me an engaged employee.
Great place if you have a good manager
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 6, 2015
Have been lucky enough to have great management around me that has given me many great learning opportunities and allowed me to thrive, but I have seen many in other groups where management is ineffective and sometimes childish.

Salary and benefits are pretty good, but no reward for going above an beyond. They have a promotion schedule that they do not like to advance you through before their arbitrary timeline says you can go through. Although I have found that sometimes you can get through a year or so early.
A great place to work
Program/Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 14, 2015
I learned a great deal, employee's were well trained in their positions. Developed lifelong friendships. Steady work pace, employee's are friendly and helpful.
Pros
GREAT PEOPLE, GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
LAY OFFS
A fun and satisfying place to work
Information Technology Specialist/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAAugust 20, 2015
Nice place to work with decent benefits, including training reimbursement. A unique opportunity to learn about California utility.
Pros
Multiple opportunities within company
Cons
Upper management is a bit in chaos
One of the biggest utility companies in US.
PRINCIPAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 15, 2015
The company is transforming from a "Power generation" utility company business model to a "Transmission and Distribution" only model, while purchasing the power from independent suppliers.
Productive workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAMarch 4, 2015
A typical work day involved status meetings to set the stage for expected progress.
Vendor status checks, review of risks and issues
PMO reporting
Assessment of the progress actually made with a review of any project risks and issues
Report out
Pros
good synergy between project teams sharing vendor and other experiences
Cons
long commute
Very productive experience and a lot of fun.
Business Objects Developer (Former Employee) –  Edison, CANovember 8, 2014
This company is awesome. Its very enjoyable working for them
Great company to work for
Portfolio/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAOctober 21, 2014
Company is great for empowering employees, promoting safety as part of the work culture. Good management that encourages innovative thinking and change.
IOU Environment
Program / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 10, 2014
Used to be a job secured environment
Good benefits
Less promotion opportunity
Pros
still stable environment
Cons
getting unstable in job environment
Same Place, Same Thing
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAFebruary 4, 2014
This company still runs like the good old boy days. Conservative at heart, and very authoritarian ruling. They love "Yes" people who don't challenge their leaders, and do as they've been told. The employees are generally pleasant to be around and loyalty has a history of being rewarded. Lots of money to spend on non-essentials as they are a monopoly but they've cracked down in the last year due to CPUC pushback. Opportunities to grow if you can learn to play the game before it plays you.
Cons
old school traditional culture and leadership. command and control.
Good company to work for
Field Engineer-RF Consultant-Subcontractor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Day work-Field contract work
Enjoy working in the field
good management
good team work
On road all the time
lots of challenges
Pros
providing auto and good compensation
Cons
contract work
Southern California Edison Review
Professional Trainee 4 (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 26, 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at Edison. Was able to learn from and work with great people.
Big company with a strong team/family environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 19, 2013
I worked as a customer service rep for the meter reading department here. Over my 6 year tenure with the company, I was provided the opportunity to do several jobs from field services to purchasing and scheduling. My co-workers were awesome people, and we had fun doing our jobs. The support network within the department was key to our overall success. Supervision encouraged safe and effective workload management, and our team was rewarded for our efforts when we were successful. It was the added little perks- a pizza party here and there to celebrate a month without an OSHA recordable field safety violation, etc.- that really made this position feel more like an exciting challenge than a "job".
Pros
environment and support network
Cons
corporate downsizing and the change in corporate culture
Revenue Protection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAAugust 3, 2013
Supervised field investigators. Worked closely with law enforcement and inside departments.
Pros
excellent benefits
Nuclear Auditor/Technical Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJuly 30, 2013
Professional atmosphere. Gained plant experience. Good people to work with. My job experience is broad and made my job very easy. No issues were difficult to handle.
Good pay and benefits
Manager of Facilities and Environmental Protection (Former Employee) –  San Onofre Nuclear Generating StationJanuary 20, 2013
Highly qualified personnel. Strong work ethics. Strong support.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
large company
I have learnt a lot when working at this client
SAP Business Object Developer (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAMay 2, 2012
Created cascading List of Values and defined custom hierarchies in Universe Designer.
Created Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases for resolving Loops and checked the Integrity of the Universes.
Pros
free lunches etc.
Cons
short breaks and health care

4.5