Southern California Edison (SCE) Employee Reviews

good
Technology Lead and Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2015
Southern California Edison (SCE) is a public utility company primarily engaged in the business of supplying electric energy to a 50,000-square-mile (180 cities) area of central, coastal and southern California.
One of the biggest utility companies in US.
PRINCIPAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Edison, CAJune 15, 2015
The company is transforming from a "Power generation" utility company business model to a "Transmission and Distribution" only model, while purchasing the power from independent suppliers.
Productive workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edison, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good synergy between project teams sharing vendor and other experiences
Cons: long commute
A typical work day involved status meetings to set the stage for expected progress.
Vendor status checks, review of risks and issues
PMO reporting
Assessment of the progress actually made with a review of any project risks and issues
Report out
Very productive experience and a lot of fun.
Business Objects Developer (Former Employee), Edison, CANovember 8, 2014
This company is awesome. Its very enjoyable working for them
Great company to work for
Portfolio/Project Manager (Current Employee), Edison, CAOctober 21, 2014
Company is great for empowering employees, promoting safety as part of the work culture. Good management that encourages innovative thinking and change.
IOU Environment
Program / Project Manager (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: still stable environment
Cons: getting unstable in job environment
Used to be a job secured environment
Good benefits
Less promotion opportunity
Same Place, Same Thing
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edison, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: old school traditional culture and leadership. command and control.
This company still runs like the good old boy days. Conservative at heart, and very authoritarian ruling. They love "Yes" people who don't challenge their leaders, and do as they've been told. The employees – more... are generally pleasant to be around and loyalty has a history of being rewarded. Lots of money to spend on non-essentials as they are a monopoly but they've cracked down in the last year due to CPUC pushback. Opportunities to grow if you can learn to play the game before it plays you. – less
Good company to work for
Field Engineer-RF Consultant-Subcontractor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: providing auto and good compensation
Cons: contract work
Day work-Field contract work
Enjoy working in the field
good management
good team work
On road all the time
lots of challenges
Southern California Edison Review
Professional Trainee 4 (Former Employee), Pomona, CAAugust 26, 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at Edison. Was able to learn from and work with great people.
Big company with a strong team/family environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Compton, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: environment and support network
Cons: corporate downsizing and the change in corporate culture
I worked as a customer service rep for the meter reading department here. Over my 6 year tenure with the company, I was provided the opportunity to do several jobs from field services to purchasing and – more... scheduling. My co-workers were awesome people, and we had fun doing our jobs. The support network within the department was key to our overall success. Supervision encouraged safe and effective workload management, and our team was rewarded for our efforts when we were successful. It was the added little perks- a pizza party here and there to celebrate a month without an OSHA recordable field safety violation, etc.- that really made this position feel more like an exciting challenge than a "job". – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Revenue Protection Supervisor (Former Employee), Edison, CAAugust 3, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
SUPERVISED FIELD INVESTIGATORS. WORKED CLOSELY WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AND INSIDE DEPARTMENTS.
Nuclear Auditor/Technical Specialist III (Current Employee), Edison, CAJuly 30, 2013
Professional atmosphere. Gained plant experience. Good people to work with. My job experience is broad and made my job very easy. No issues were difficult to handle.
Good pay and benefits
Manager of Facilities and Environmental Protection (Former Employee), San Onofre Nuclear Generating StationJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: large company
Highly qualified personnel. Strong work ethics. Strong support.
I have learnt a lot when working at this client
SAP Business Object Developer (Former Employee), Edison, CAMay 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches etc.
Cons: short breaks and health care
Created cascading List of Values and defined custom hierarchies in Universe Designer.
Created Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases for resolving Loops and checked the Integrity of the Universes.