Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

Very depressing to work at this company
Sr Business integration Manager (Former Employee) –  RosemeasJuly 20, 2017
Company HR policies are very distructive to company and employees. They are cutting costs at every possible way. Outsourced IT to low quality India based company. They are thinking of getting cheap and skilled labor to run the business. You will be tired wagging your tail to Sr Managers but you will not be considered for new job positions or promotions. There is no way you would servive at this company. Please don't waste your time.
Worked as Intern.
Professional Trainee-Engineering (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJuly 10, 2017
Worked in the Engineering Department. I had to go to laboratories and have parts tested. Was able to meet good people, that had a lot of knowledge about the energy field.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Was only a Internship.
The best workplace
Technical Specialist/Scientist (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 30, 2017
the most enjoyable job, very nice people, we all feel very motivated do our job the best way we can have a vey good trining program. sociable colleages to work with.
Pros
breaks
Company's vision and values are promising
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJune 21, 2017
Due to YEARS of incompetent management, the culture and morale SUCKS! Between the favoritism, nepotism, and cronie-ism, it's impossible to feel like a valued employee if you don't "fit in".
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Archaic
Transformation Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 20, 2017
Nepotism is a watch word here. The rate of change and innovation moves at a glacial pace. Managers were promoted beyond their capacity and capability.

The company was sued over how they treated full-time contractors and lost. This is just a proxy for the culture.
Good
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 16, 2017
Pros
1. Great work atmosphere
2. Flexible work hours
3. 360 degree reviews
4. Willingness to try new technologies
5. Very supportive when you want to invest time learning new skills
Cons
1. Salary not negotiable.
2. Sometimes slow management decisions.
Share via Email
Copy LinkFlag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
overall
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 16, 2017
Good workplace, process of letting people go is not very fair. Not to fair in training employees. Employees are expected to do a lot and do not have a chance to fix their mistakes if any are made, they are just fired.
Very Professional
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJune 15, 2017
Having EAS's from the good ole USMC in 2005, I was referred to this job by a Master Guns. It was an amazing experience to work at a Nuclear Power Plant and with a group of security guys that were all prior military. We trained weekly doing drills for every scenario fathomable. The pay was incredible also, I started at $19 and in less than a year was at $25 an hour.
Pros
Hours, Management, training, pay, benefits
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2017
Typical day was very slow. I would have preferred more of a challenge. The people were very nice and gave me a good recommendation. I just wish they had hired me permanently.
Pros
Free Snacks
Productive work environmen
CUS2 (Former Employee) –  Kernville, CAJune 8, 2017
productive work environment but keeping the employees in the loop isn't that great. Very family oriented and I like that about the company. Most of the managers are very understanding of any situation. In the rural areas anyway
My favorite job
Meter reader (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 6, 2017
• Read electric, gas, water, or steam consumption meters and enter data in route books or hand-held computers. Enter information into databases or software programs.
• Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in residential areas, restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Great place to work and I had a great group of people to interact with on a daily basis
Financial Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 5, 2017
I came from a natural gas working background and knew nothing about the power business. After a couple of years settling their natural gas purchases, they thought so well of me that they gave me the promotion and taught me how to settle tolling and renewable contracts. Had a great supervisor whom I got along well. She taught me a lot about how to do my job and the company's culture. Also had a wonderful group of coworkers which I could ask for help at any time.
Pros
Great group of people to work with ad a fair manager.
Cons
Our group had a lot of work to do. We never increased the staff when I was working there, but the workload increases dramatically.
Fast paced and highly interesting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 2, 2017
The Southern California Edison Project for GC services was a wonderful place to work at. I spoke with many different people on a daily basis and learned a new thing everyday. Deeply enjoyed the workplace. Management was rather amazing and super friendly.
ok place to work
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 31, 2017
so many changes, which I normally wouldn't mind, but it seems to be more toward making money rather than taking care of the employees. the morale was going down and was not the same to work for
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unsure future
Productive and potential for growth
Network and Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 27, 2017
Productive and potential for growth. Opportunity to work in multiple different domains. The management is very supportive and takes care of the employees.
Productive environment
Program/Project Analyst 1 (Process & Compliance) (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work keeps you going the entire day with plenty of work, in a fun-filled atmosphere with moderate to no supervision depending on your level of employment.
Pros
Fun atmoshpere
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent company!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 18, 2017
Amazing company to work for. You'll have the opportunity to move between areas of the company throughout career. This will help you develop your skills, keeps to motivated, and growth.
Pros
Growth, benefits
Cons
Big company politics
Great opportunities
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 12, 2017
Working as a contractor for Southern California Edison is a wonderful experience. The people are great and helpful. The staff are dedicated and have a tremendous focus on safety. They care about the customers and their jobs.
Productive and professional
Corrective Action Program (CAP) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAMay 12, 2017
Friendly co-workers. Positive atmosphere. Professional behaviors. Additional training if requested. Flexible work hours. Minimal weekend hours. Great manager.
Productve and Fun
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 10, 2017
SCE is a utility culture with a customer first focus.
Great company to work and has provided great opportunity.
Nice work life balance and training.