Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Employer Reviews

Good company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits/compensation, employers provide free lunches, education and training
Cons: cultural ways need improvement
The company is great. I enjoyed working for this company for several years as it gives you an opportunity to advance. They provide great benefits to their employees. I enjoyed working for the company as it gave me the chance to work with different departments and people.
great company to work for
Journeyman/Lineman (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Has treated me right since 2003, would suggest it to anyone. The workforce is safe and dedicated to sending everyone home everynight.
Good company, but slow to change
Program Manager (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, limited competition
Cons: command/control, top down, limited competition
In my time at this company, I've come to find there are great aspects and opportunity areas. The compensation and benefits are excellent! Most companies don't have or do what SCE does when it comes to pay and benefits. The perks are a definite plus. On the other hand, it is a 125+ year old regulated utility that seems ill prepared for the rapid changed coming to the utility industry at large. While I'm confident they will find a way to survive what's coming, I have a feeling they will become a very different company because of it. My hope is that different will mean becoming a more proactive, agile organization that better balances leaders with technical competence and leaders with good people skills.
I enjoyed working for Southern California Edison.
Mail Courier / Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great company to work for and had great parties.
Cons: i hated when my job end there.
I was a mail courier there. I was delivering the mail and printouts to the different departments there. I train several new mail couriers while i work there. I also was a shuttle driver taking the workers to there different buildings they need to go to.
Wonderful Company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits, ethics, safety
Miss working for Southern California Edison. I learned so many things within TDBU. Provided courses to enhance my skills and knowledge in numerous areas of the company. My co-workers were great and built such a close friendship with all of them.
Nice place to work...
Project Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Great experience. Busy, fast paced environment. I learned a lot about time management and multitasking. The hardest part of the job was managing multiple projects at one time. The most enjoyable part were the office functions that were organized almost monthly.
One of the Nation's Largest and Best Utilities but Undergoing Dramatic Change
Senior Project Manager, Corporate Communications (Current Employee), Rosemead, CADecember 26, 2014
One of the largest electric utilities in the United States, with an industry-wide reputation for technological innovation and environmental leadership. The Corporate Communications organization, where I've worked for most of my tenure, is the largest and best resourced communications department I've ever worked for. The electric utility business is very complex and unlike any conventional business model, it takes quite a while to get accustomed to working in this environment. SCE is extremely bureaucratic, however, I have found that if you are willing to take ownership of your area of responsibility, you can be granted a lot of autonomy. The electric utility business is undergoing a lot of change and can be an exciting place to be, but if you are seeking job security, this may not be the best time to enter this industry because it is evolving so quickly - don't be surprised if some of the biggest utilities go the way of Blockbuster or other one-time industry leaders that no longer exist.
Company has been around over 125 years. Variety of positions, and opportunities. Good pay and benefits.
Project/Program Analyst 3 (Former Employee), Rosemead, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay, training ability, and good benefits.
Cons: atomsphere changing. limited room for advancement depending on field.
My typical day included interacting with employees, supervisors, and managers regarding employee related events and activities. Scheduled training for employees including compliance training. Tracked disability management absenteeism as well as other personal absentee codes. Created and ran various reports for management.
Productive and centrally located
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Edison, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: nice station park and safety lunches
Cons: pertty windy at times and cause damage
As a Plant Engineer involved with contractors & co-workers involving betterment projects/ condition based maintenance regarding reliability of the units. Working around other co-worker schedules was a challenge. I enjoyed working as a team member on projects and learning/ sharing with others.
Great benefits
Customer Solutions Representative II (CSR2) (Former Employee), Edison, CADecember 16, 2014
Great benefits with a very professional environment. Much room for advancement and many opportunities for in-house training if time permits.
SCE is an ever changing dyanamic company
Senior Project Analyst (Current Employee), Rosemead, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great team of professionals
Cons: in line promotions are not typically allowed.
The work is very interesting and challenging. My job takes me to all levels of management and out into the field.
Field work-Challenging work with fun
Field Engineer-RF Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 27, 2014
Field work- RF mitigation on smart meters. Visit new places everyday. Good management and co-workers. Enjoy nature while working.
A large company with many technology career opportunities
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee), Rosemead, CANovember 10, 2014
SCE is a large regulated electric utility with many career opportunities in the technology sector
Great Company to work for!!! Cant say enough!!!
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Edison, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: competiteve pay
Cons: none.
I love Edison because it is a family. They train you in all the fields of knowledge they need from you, and really invest in their employees.
Must have political skills
Project Manager (Former Employee), Souther CaliforniaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: political environment
If you are not a good political player, you should not look for advancement
productive and fun
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Edison, CAOctober 22, 2014
Great company to work for, great benefits, management is great, I really enjoyed working for this company.
Interactive and Balanced Experiences
Student Internship (Former Employee), Edison, CAOctober 22, 2014
Worked here with other students. Job ranged from data entry, filing, copying, warehouse management, and fabrication.
Contractor for Fitness center
Health Fitness Specialist (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAOctober 14, 2014
non-diverse work environment, outdated fitness center, size did not fit company culture
Great benefits!
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAOctober 13, 2014
A very demanding and busy job with great people and excellent benefits!
Great pay but extreme nepotism
Business Readiness, Project Manager I (Former Employee), Edison, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: segmented work environment
Overall poor management, lack of accountability, HR and Law department are two areas that violate laws, rules, and policies

1 2 3 4 5

About Southern California Edison

An Edison International company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, serving more than – Read more

Southern California Edison Photos