Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Employer Reviews

Excellent benefits the minute you are hired
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: management above immediate supervisor doesn't listen to the employees
The best thing about working here is definitely the benefits. The worst part of the job is terrible scrutinization. management is fine as long as you keep to your immediate supervision level. A typical is to answer as many calls as possible. Training lasts 6 months.
Great company bacground
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Answering phone calls and placing service orders. The work was tedious and stressful at times which made work life less enjoyable.
Challenging place to work
Planning Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulare, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: stable employer
Cons: fast paced, impersonal
SCE is always changing to stay ahead of the ever changing market and therefore a challenging place to work. SCE is has been in the electrical industry for over 125 years. As the industry is changing SCE is adapting to stay relevent in the industry.
Nice workplcae
Java Developer/Data Analyst (Current Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 13, 2015
It's a fun place to work , great work culture and no stress at work but, there is no job security for IT people. I'm currently working as a contractor.
Exciting and very professional workplace
JSP Connected Intern (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great workplace with excellent staff and ocean views
Cons: cubicle work more often than anything else
This company was a major stepping stone for many people on track for engineering and science careers. I interned as an incorporations officer and was always excited to go to work. The company provided excellent benefits and paid the interns very well. I was unfortunately one of the last ones who worked for them, as a few years after they laid me off from the internship and the plant was slowly shut down.
Human Resources is a joke
Analyst (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: management, senior leaders, prefer yes people
SCE used to be a great company to work for but times are changing. I have worked in 5 different areas and enjoyed each one, but the last. HR LL& OD is the product of horrible senior leaders that push training to the company but do not lead by example. If you apply try anywhere but here. I was placed here after a re-org not by choice. This dept loves YES people. If you have a brain and an opinion you will not be liked.
A solid place to work, but the culture is changing for the worse
Financial Analyst III / Business Analyst III (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAJanuary 29, 2015
I used to love this company when I got hired and was very proud to be an employee. Times have changed, and after thousands of lay-offs and a new "Op X" directive aimed at cutting costs (resources) and maximizing efficiency, the culture has gotten worse. Too much is expected from the majority of employees and the reward for taking on extra work isn't worth it.
Great compensation and benefits
Nuclear Supervisor (Current Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: shift work
Planning and coordinating work activities. Assigning employees to work, motivating employees to perform at their peak, train and develop staff, resolve conflicts between work groups. The best part of the job was working with coworkers. The hardest part of the job was working grave shift.
Good company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits/compensation, employers provide free lunches, education and training
Cons: cultural ways need improvement
The company is great. I enjoyed working for this company for several years as it gives you an opportunity to advance. They provide great benefits to their employees. I enjoyed working for the company as it gave me the chance to work with different departments and people.
great company to work for
Journeyman/Lineman (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Has treated me right since 2003, would suggest it to anyone. The workforce is safe and dedicated to sending everyone home everynight.
Good company, but slow to change
Program Manager (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, limited competition
Cons: command/control, top down, limited competition
In my time at this company, I've come to find there are great aspects and opportunity areas. The compensation and benefits are excellent! Most companies don't have or do what SCE does when it comes to pay and benefits. The perks are a definite plus. On the other hand, it is a 125+ year old regulated utility that seems ill prepared for the rapid changed coming to the utility industry at large. While I'm confident they will find a way to survive what's coming, I have a feeling they will become a very different company because of it. My hope is that different will mean becoming a more proactive, agile organization that better balances leaders with technical competence and leaders with good people skills.
I enjoyed working for Southern California Edison.
Mail Courier / Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great company to work for and had great parties.
Cons: i hated when my job end there.
I was a mail courier there. I was delivering the mail and printouts to the different departments there. I train several new mail couriers while i work there. I also was a shuttle driver taking the workers to there different buildings they need to go to.
Wonderful Company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits, ethics, safety
Miss working for Southern California Edison. I learned so many things within TDBU. Provided courses to enhance my skills and knowledge in numerous areas of the company. My co-workers were great and built such a close friendship with all of them.
Nice place to work...
Project Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Great experience. Busy, fast paced environment. I learned a lot about time management and multitasking. The hardest part of the job was managing multiple projects at one time. The most enjoyable part were the office functions that were organized almost monthly.
One of the Nation's Largest and Best Utilities but Undergoing Dramatic Change
Senior Project Manager, Corporate Communications (Current Employee), Rosemead, CADecember 26, 2014
One of the largest electric utilities in the United States, with an industry-wide reputation for technological innovation and environmental leadership. The Corporate Communications organization, where I've worked for most of my tenure, is the largest and best resourced communications department I've ever worked for. The electric utility business is very complex and unlike any conventional business model, it takes quite a while to get accustomed to working in this environment. SCE is extremely bureaucratic, however, I have found that if you are willing to take ownership of your area of responsibility, you can be granted a lot of autonomy. The electric utility business is undergoing a lot of change and can be an exciting place to be, but if you are seeking job security, this may not be the best time to enter this industry because it is evolving so quickly - don't be surprised if some of the biggest utilities go the way of Blockbuster or other one-time industry leaders that no longer exist.
Company has been around over 125 years. Variety of positions, and opportunities. Good pay and benefits.
Project/Program Analyst 3 (Former Employee), Rosemead, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay, training ability, and good benefits.
Cons: atomsphere changing. limited room for advancement depending on field.
My typical day included interacting with employees, supervisors, and managers regarding employee related events and activities. Scheduled training for employees including compliance training. Tracked disability management absenteeism as well as other personal absentee codes. Created and ran various reports for management.
Productive and centrally located
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Edison, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: nice station park and safety lunches
Cons: pertty windy at times and cause damage
As a Plant Engineer involved with contractors & co-workers involving betterment projects/ condition based maintenance regarding reliability of the units. Working around other co-worker schedules was a challenge. I enjoyed working as a team member on projects and learning/ sharing with others.
Great benefits
Customer Solutions Representative II (CSR2) (Former Employee), Edison, CADecember 16, 2014
Great benefits with a very professional environment. Much room for advancement and many opportunities for in-house training if time permits.
SCE is an ever changing dyanamic company
Senior Project Analyst (Current Employee), Rosemead, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great team of professionals
Cons: in line promotions are not typically allowed.
The work is very interesting and challenging. My job takes me to all levels of management and out into the field.
Field work-Challenging work with fun
Field Engineer-RF Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 27, 2014
Field work- RF mitigation on smart meters. Visit new places everyday. Good management and co-workers. Enjoy nature while working.

1 2 3 4 5

About Southern California Edison

An Edison International company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, serving more than – Read more

Southern California Edison Photos