Southern Champion Tray Employee Reviews

Sad management
Trays (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 1, 2016
Its pretty much who you know.Dont fall for the christian B.S. they try to feed you.They are out for profit and thats it.They dont care how supervisor treats you.They stick together like a church family but make no mistake your not part of it.
Pros
A job
Cons
Great company with great supervisors
cutter helper (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 14, 2016
great place to work, management is good, loved my job, had awful time adjusting to 3rd shift is the reason for leaving, i would recommend this company to everyone
Neither the worst, nor the best place to work
Shipping Support (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2016
A decent paying job and work enviornment...but it can be tough working through 4 and half hours before your only break.

Co-workers are probably the best part of the job as they are generally good people overall

Management/supervision make the job harder than it has to be at times

I wouldnt recommend it for everyone but the job is perfect for the right person
Pros
They have a health and fitness area on site
Cons
Only one break 30 minutes for lunch
A lazy, finger pointing, no order, old school way of hiring the one you like instead of the one for the job.
Express Employment Professionals Temp. worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 8, 2015
To many Chiefs, not enough Indians type of work environment. who you know prevails over hard work and dedication in my experience.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no order of operation, everyone is a boss.
Excellent Company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 27, 2015
SCT is a family owned business which really cares about their employees, customers and business partners. They made a tremendous effort to assist their employees and/or various local businesses in the area succeed in any way possible.
great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  chattanooga tnJuly 1, 2014
wonderful company great values they are very knowledged in what they do sale and make. great company to work for!!!
Family friendly
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 21, 2014
SCT has been the best company I have ever worked for. The benefits are remarkable compared to what others offer. They offer counseling and invest in family. The management/supervisors were always professional and well trained
benefits
Cons
never experienced a con
Depressing
full time employee (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 14, 2013
They expect perfection they don't care what the circumstances are or what it takes to get there just the end result. Management is terrible they never complement your work always try and find the negatives. The job itself is a miserable mindless job and is a complete waste of your time. Not what i expected when i was hired. Your not going to learn anything of significance. The roads around this area are horrific had to buy tires twice. They have a rule for everything. Majority of the time you are rushed to get the work done its very stressful. The pay is decent but not for what you have to put up with. Don't waste your time and effort and look for something else.
Pros
3 month bonuses
Cons
short breaks
This is where I learned everything about the folding carton business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 13, 2013
I loved this job, my co-workers became my second family. I was extremely good at this job. However, I was topped out at the salary cap and there was really no room for advancement or growth. So, I choose to change jobs.
Box Cutter Helper (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 24, 2013
this was a good job. i worked 40 hours a week got paid good. i worked third shift so i didn't have much of a life outside of work but i think it was worth it for the short amount of time i was able to work there
Pros
good wages
Cons
difficult work

Want to know more about Southern Champion Tray?

Ask a question
ok work place not long term place
Feeder Packer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 23, 2013
it helped me get away from swing shift and get on a steady sleep habbit.
Pros
lunch paid for
Cons
short break to high benifits
Most positive work experience I've ever had.
Graphics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 8, 2012
Very employee supportive, provide on-site continuining education in Microsoft programs also English as second language. They promote from within. Provide on-site company paid health care and a counsellor. Family owned and operated. Focus of the company is customer service. On-site workout area.
Pros
family friendly, never had a lay-off, stable company established 1926.
Cons
none that i can think of.
Good place to start work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2012
It was a go summer job was long hours but the pay was good. We were paid weekly so that was big plus
Pros
pay is good
Cons
work environment was crowded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Champion Tray. Our community is ready to answer.

Southern Champion Tray Reviews by Location