Southern Company

Southern Company Employer Reviews

Very educational and intresting job
Lead Safety Nurse (Current Employee), Juliette GeorgiaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: educational
Cons: work runs out, have to relocate randomly
During my 7 years with Southern Comapny , i have began classes in Occupational Safety and Health Management. the Culture at this job is unique, diverse and has been an excellent opportunity for my career.
Good place to work, sorry I got laid off in a workforce reduction.
Senior Computer Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2014
This job was very demanding as we supported the IT Platform that the Fleet Marketing and Trading actually bought and sold their energy on.
Corporate job is pretty easy going.
System Engineer (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAJuly 14, 2014
You won't be bothered in the middle of the night at corporate very often compared the plant.
I enjoyed my job.
IT Field Operation Tech (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed my job, the people were great an i always had challenges.
Very nice and quiet place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 18, 2014
Pros: good coffee, we have our own breakroom.
Cons: sometimes it is too quiet.
I've learned so much about processing expense statements, timekeeping and processing timecards. My co-workers are great. My supervisor is very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers on a project and everybody getting along.
Bad management when I worked for SCS, Inc.
Computer operator (Former Employee), Atlanta,gaJune 16, 2014
Immediate supervision was not experienced in our day to day operations and needed to be trained daily.
Great company to work for
DCS commissioning Coordinator (Current Employee), MississippiJune 11, 2014
Good company with great management and technical resources.
Great Company
Nuclear Security Officer I (Current Employee), GeorgiaMay 16, 2014
Great Company,Great Benefits,Awesome Work!!! Typical day is helping personnel complete their daily activities and keep them safe while produced a quality product.
Very Racist company!!!!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!!
Tech Support (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 1, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: bass ackards business all together......
This company was a horrible place to work for me because they hired in other contractors with much less experience and made them permanent before the people who had been there busting their butts.
great job
Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAMarch 20, 2014
Very secure place to work. Stable company. I would enjoy going back there.
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 16, 2014
Go in and clean the bathrooms first thing.Then dust mop the hallways.After that break.Come back clean the 5 of the business offices.Then get supply's off the truck take first floor there stuff then get my floor are stuff.Then its usually lunch time.Come back from lunch wipe off the tables in the lunch room dust mop the floor then mop the floor.After – more... that dust the hallways and the business offices which there is about 20 to 25 then dust mop the floor again and mop it. then vacuum the offices. Clean the glass windows if needed.And if the supervisor needs me to go to another building or do the truck route which is when somebody go"s to 8 or 9 different buildings and clean them head to toe. After all that we"ll take all the trash out through out all the buildings.. – less
Great place to contract through
Maximo Customization Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 25, 2014
The hiring process went smoothly, the HR and payroll people were responsive to any issues, and the benefits are good enough where I still use them on Cobra rather than what is offered through my current agency.
Productive, fun-filled, hospice workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), DeKalb, MSFebruary 5, 2014
This job was very enjoyable. Very hospice workplace. Performed clerical duties (greeting, phone calls, payroll, etc.)
Great Employee Company
Customer Service/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Great company. Great Pay Great benefits! Very customer and employee oriented.
Laid back atmosphere as long as you get your work done.
Designer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: has a cafeteria
Cons: lack of direction sometimes.
It's a very friendly place to work. Great people that are willing to help if you need it. Sometimes there is very little direction as far as work. The hardest part sometimes is finding information.
Good benefits
Senior Cost Estimator-Database Admin (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay
If you don't have a engineering degree from Georgia Tech forget about any job movement .

Management is lacking due to the fact risk tasking isn't look well upon.

Benefits are average .

Pay is below average . New employee retention is low also.

If you haven't been there 10 years you are looked down upon.
Loved it here
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 28, 2013
I worked here for over 8 years and was even able to work at home 95% of the time. Great Southern Style morales and great coworkers to work with.
Great company to work for on a day in and day out basis
Business Development and Contract Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: limited opportunity for advancement
Southern Company provided great opportunities for advancement. The toughest part of the job were finding innovative ways to consistently meet regulations from a local, state, and federal perspective. Co-workers and management worked hard to find ways to make work enjoyable and listened to ideas from employees.

I learned everything from Business Development, – more... Compliance, Risk Control, Financial Analysis, and Billing activities. – less
Great Location
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), McDonough, GAOctober 2, 2013
I am less than 15 minutes away from my home. Great co-workers, management very knowledgeable of job duty. Enjoy being so close to home. Hardest part of job taking over 100 calls per day.
Southern company is a good place for young graduate wet.I would not recommended it though to experienced engineer
System Engineer (Current Employee), Baxley, GASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: there is job security
Cons: their pay is low compare to other utilities. also, system engineer work more hours and on weekend with out pay.
A southern company is a good place to work at specially if you are just getting out of college. There is however more work specially with the Systems Engineer. The worked long hours and even on weekends with out pay.