Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits

Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for!
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Great company to work for, I just got stuck with a high theft route with little ability to make any extra money on incentives! This position is a good stepping stone for advancement, but it will take a LONG TIME for an advancment. If you're willing to stay at a Sales Merchandiser's salary for a while, then I would say this company is a great place to be!

Management and suppliers are there to help you succeed!
Pros
Free booze, great work/life balance, fun job to go to
Cons
pay and incentives aren't the greatest, takes a long time for advancement/promotions
Company out for itself
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2016
I enjoy what I do. I don't enjoy the company I do it for. Very physical job. Can not rely on salesmen or management. Been unhappy for years. Advancement, for lower level employees is sparse. I think they always bring in "new people" for higher profile jobs and territories. Many small suppliers get ignored because the company cares only about the larger entities. So many employees unhappy but they do nothing about it.
Pros
Great healthcare and decent 401K
Cons
No support for lower leve employees
Good company very bad management!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 1, 2016
I worked for this company in Lakeland Fl, I think the training was the best part, but After that, I struggled for them to give me a route. I also had many ups and downs with management due to them not listening to my feedback regarding the need for help and the disrespect there is with the diapatch team I worked with. They also found out I supported the union and they did everything in their power to get rid of anyone who did. After a few months, they made up a few things against me and let me go. There's a lot of favoritism and it was even worse when they realized I was supporting the Union and that was the bulk of why they were against me staying. The driving position sounds luxurious when you first start, bur beware, the lack of good management is their weakest link.
Benefits
Cons
Weak management
Unhappy
New Applicant (Former Employee) –  All U.S.December 20, 2016
Talked to some employees and they weren't happy with the Company. Withdrew my application. Heard Too many bad things about this company. Management don't care and only hire friends and relatives. The top management should fired if this company is going to get better. And I mean the managers bosses. And this is the company management all over the U. S.
Pros
Good benefits if you are not fired
Cons
Bad bad top management. Starting from the CEO.
Fun and rewarding job with daily travel
On-Premise Sales (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 30, 2016
Typical work day involves setting appointments with assigned account and meeting daily, weekly and quarterly sales goals. Goals are straight forward, sometimes it is necessary to negotiate deals with accounts to succeed in matching company goals, but more often than not the job is quite straight forward. Company offers many benefits along with compensation.
Pros
Gas paid, company issued phone and data plan, travel and hotel accommodations paid for, manage your own account list (minimal cold calling)
Cons
Lots of time on the road, varying hours dependent upon account needs
Challenging but not rewarding
Outside Sales & Account Management (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed the job overall being able to interact with different buyers, but the hardest part was the financial situation. Compensation isn't attractive to the bank account.

I feel that I learned a lot of key things about career goals and such, but I wish that was enough to want to stick with a company.
Pros
flexible schedule, staff
Cons
Salary, Benefits, management
Fired Without Cause
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 26, 2016
I was fired with no cause. It was my annual review and time for more benefits and a raise. They hired 2 temps n place of a few employees at that time. Also, their annual review and raise evaluation as well.
Pros
comfortable work environment with exception to the hostile jasmyn!
Cons
out of service elevtor, you do much more work than they compensate with pay for!
great company bad teams
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Great company with some very bad managers (when I was there). They pay workers well because it is very, very hard and demanding work. They are still holding on to people in leadership positions that should not be leading anyone as they set horrible examples and lack the skills and abilities to lead.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, growing company
Cons
no plans to manage hours worked and how it impacts performance and health
Sales rep, Seattle
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2016
SWS is a terrible place to work. Management is filled with idiots who do not know what they are doing and the rules change on a daily basis. They mess with your salary and bonus and you have to fight for every penny you earn.. There are too many great employers in Seattle and I would not my worse enemy to work there. If you want to get up with a pit in your stomach every morning because you did not make your quota or goals then work there! If you want to achieve a happy work place go some place else! This is the worse place one could ever work!! Don't go there!! You will be so depressed and unhappy!
Pros
Cons
Terrible work atmosphere-lousy management-terrible goal structure
Southern Wine & Spirits
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 31, 2016
Great company to begin with at store level. This experience will be necessary for advancement. Chains division experience at least 2 years. Great company, monthly incentives, strong upper management. When you make move from Chains to Broad Market, that's when it gets competitive. Stay focused and acheive your quotas!
Pros
outstanding medical benefits, great salary
Cons
politics
Largest Wine & Spirit Distibutor in the US
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 12, 2016
Was good company to work for with excellent health benefits. Merged with another company and then downsized. Work days were very busy and ran long when dealing with monthly deadlines.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Long hours constantly meeting changing deadlines
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Excellent company to work for great opportunities for promotions within the company. Great benefits and 401k plan with profit sharing.
Good/friendly Workers
Night Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 21, 2016
After working here for a year i loved it. So i decided to work for another year. It was a honor to work for such of a big company. they care of the employees such as, free lunch, good advice
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No set time to get off
excellent company
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJuly 6, 2016
I left a company for a layoff due as my position was eliminated , because is for me i would be get it my retirement at this company
Pros
excellent benefits
Excellent place to work!
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 2, 2016
Great company with excellent benefits as well as wonderful advancement opportunities.
Zero work/life balance, required to be "on call" 24/7
Blah
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2016
If you like long hours and minimal pay, this is the place for you. Ridiculous sales goals, if you don't complete 100% you don't get paid. Example, sell in 10 cases to 20+ accounts for $300 a month. Almost all goals are as such.
Pros
Free booze
Cons
Low pay
Very good company with good benefits.
System Operator / Jr. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2016
Large company with lots of perks and benefits for employees. Has good standards and good management. Fast pace company which acquired many of its competitors and elevated its service in the process.
Pros
Good management and benefits
Cons
Work life balance not the best.
Contract
Human Resources Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Successful work experience within the Human Resources Division for the North Florida region.

Entailed providing a comprehensive administrative support to day-to-day operations of human resources ensuring the efficient delivery of salary payments, salary adjustments, recruitment processes, and the accuracy of employee data records. HR Assistant liaises closely with human resources department, finance and accounts department and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective HR support service to the organization to achieve the organization goals and objectives.
Disciplined and Organized
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
As a Human Resources coordinator, I had to multitask through actively participating in the recruiting process, analyzing employee turnover and retention, addressing employee matters and organizing work activities for a the company. Holding this position I was responsible for preparing and coordinating any functions pertaining to employment, compensation, labor negotiations and employee relations. As the Human Resources coordinator, I played an active role in formulating methods to improve employment policies, processes and practices as well as recommending changes to management. As well as conducted a substantial amount of research, analyzing and reporting in addition to all daily tasks.
Sales team pay structure changed at times without notice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2016
New pay structure (pay for performance) goals changed throughout the month without reason or explanation. Goals were impossible to achieve and didn't coincide with deal programs. Month end was spent in the office with management barking at the sales team to call anyone and every for business. Little follow through on incentives. Many salespeople left due to so many fire drills. It was very hard to balance personal life with working there.
Pros
Freedom to make own schedule
Cons
Hard to get Management to help with Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.

Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Reviews by Location