Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews

Wine and Spirits Sales
Chain Territory Merchandiser/Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 16, 2017
SWS was an exciting place to work at.
I was able to take classes in wine and spirit backgrounds.
Fast passed and cut throat.

5 different portfolios with visits to local wineries as rewards or team meeting.
Pros
Cons
Advancement
Fast paced work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 16, 2017
Fast paced, very detail oriented, ability to lift 70+lbs, willing to get dirty, lots of walking and pushing of liqour carts, organizatinal skills and condensing skills a must; forklift, handtruck, and/or pallet jack experience a plus.
Face paced work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 14, 2017
World wide leader in alcohol industry
Very demanding and faced pace
Room for advancement
Friendly and helpful fellow employees
Benefits are outstanding
Long work hours during peak season
Good Stepping Stone
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 11, 2017
Fast paced environment, excellence place to work and gain experience. It's not a great place to work for, but it isn't terrible either. Benefits are OK, but insurance premiums rise every year.

The company is going though some major changes after the acquisition of Glazer's. It will be some time before things become "normal".
Pros
Great industry, great people to work with
Cons
Red tape, major staffing cuts, critically understaffed in some departments, lack of clear communication, no training materials, lack of reference material, belt system breaks constantly, no morale
fun work place
Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2017
THe most relaxed atmosphere, management was so great, I wish I didn't have to leave, but the department is down sizing.
Great place to start a career, benefits were just awesome
Pros
Fun, Games, just to let your hair lose away from your desk
Cons
Laid off
Great part time 10 or less/week job
Consumer Educator (Sales) (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 8, 2017
Great part time 10 or less/week job, but no benefits in my current position. No chance of advancement in my current position. My current supervisor is the greatest! I can't recall having a more understanding supervisor in my 40+ years of employment..
Great Place to Work
INSIDE SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
Inside sales was a great job but they relocated to another state. I would recommend this career to anyone with a passion for sales. Great work environment, great benefits and competitive pay.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Relocated and department was laid off
great place to work.
ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2017
it was a wonderful and productive and fun place to work,i really enjoy meeting new people customers on my daily route, and I had some great friends at southern Glazer's.
Great place to work.
Logistics Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2017
My job will transition November 15, to a 3rd party company. Looking for a new career after 14 years of service. My job is to track and trace domestic and direct import orders looking for product. I make sure product is to the plants from vendors.
Pros
Lunch with Freight companys
Cons
No cons
Family oriented
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 2, 2017
Many long-time partners and employees within the Hawaii branch. A great group of people to be around.
Southern has a great presence within the beverage market. Southern consistently expands the market offering their employees to grow in volume as well as product availability.
Pros
Great Family Atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 24, 2017
Great leadership that is will to accept change to better the organization as a whole. Lots of opportunities to learn from leaders with a lot of experience.
Pros
Open to change
Cons
Limited opportunities for growth
Warehouse atmosphere
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSOctober 24, 2017
Worked hard lots of hours. Good attendance 100% effort was not appreciated. They have a high turn over in personnel. I was able to keep my employees in transportation. Striving always to do my best.
Glazers management does not communicate with middle management to see how things are going. In other words, not an open door policy, If you talk to Regional Management then your Operations Mange feels threaten and it is implied that you must never go over his head,
Great place to work at
Chain Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAOctober 23, 2017
Many good hard working people who like to have fun together. It's a very competitive enviroment but you can work together as a team as well. The company treats you great and cares about you as a person.
Good Place to Work
Recieving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2017
Excellence place to work and gain experience. My time working there I was a recieving clerk. Then, later became a recieving clerk lead. I had great team member that help me exceed in my job responsibilities.
fast paced
Accounting Inventory Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 22, 2017
good hands on training
really slow at getting work stations set up too much red tape with corporate office to get this going
great accounting team, willing to teach and train temps.
Pros
great lunches
Cons
stressful, quick problem solving skills, took forever to get my own computer work stations set up
Productive and fun
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work for, and rewarding.fun to get out and meet new people daily and interact with all types of management. They work around your schedule if u need to take off a little early for family or for doctors appointment for wxample
Strong Company with top product lines
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID - Oregon, Utah, Wyoming and MontanaOctober 12, 2017
Southern is a strong company with many positive attributes. There is a good atmosphere of team work and since of ownership in doing your job well.. I was let go in Nov. 2016 due to reorganization of management, Southern was very fair in the severance package I received. I would recommend to anyone pursuing a career in the beverage distribution business to consider Southern as a top choice.
Pros
Time ownership, pay on performance, fast paced never slow.or boring.
Cons
One of the best educations of selling on the planet..
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  AZOctober 10, 2017
I love working for SGWS.. i just was homesick and wanted to be back in Chicago. I received one of the best training courses in sales and can be used in any setting.. I am so thankful to have been chosen for this position with the sea of applicants and I am especially lucky to have had the DM ,DOS, and Amazing team to have worked with.
Pros
Medical benifits far surpass any company..
Cons
Base pay and Incentives could be higher..
Nice work place good inviorment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 6, 2017
A typical good day at work is always on a Monday when it’s laid back in chilled the reason is because nothing really comes out and your home earlier then normally.
Southern has tought me a few things such as for on you will always have someone sell you a dream and how to deal with ungrateful customer and how to Handle the situation.
Pros
Break when ever you get ready want
Cons
Some times when you get done to go home they have other things plannend
productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
Enjoyed my job here, while I had it. I didn't take full advantage of my opportunity here, was young and didn't take my job seriously. Well ran company.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.