Southern Illinois Healthcare

Southern Illinois Healthcare Employer Reviews

Excellent hospital
Skilled Nurse (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: provide excellent healthcare
Cons: no longer utilizes lpn
L&D, NNN, Postpartum then transferred to SDS and recovery room. Very much enjoyed Endoscopy
What I learned
Health Maintenance/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Herrin, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Patients are the top priority in healthcare.
We need to focus on the reason we have
a job in healthcare. Patient care is very
important to me. I'm all about taking care
of the patients needs.
Excellent team and patient centered healthcare system
Stroke Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Team members with excellent clinical skills. A great place to work.
A very busy place
Externship, Medical Billing and Coding Program (Former Employee), Belleville, ILMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at Southern was very fast paced. There was plenty to do. I worked in Medical Filing, front desk and coding. Everyone was very helpful while I finished my externship.
Great orginiazation
Patient Account Representative - Non-Government (Current Employee), Carbondale,ILDecember 24, 2013
On the cutting edge in healthcare! Definite leader in the business.
Great place to intern
Intern - Process Innovation (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Cons: un-pain internship
Great place to take part in a learning internship for completion of undergraduate degree. Every day was a learning experience.
It used to be a great company
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Herrin, ILApril 24, 2013
After several different CEO's SIH is a very different place to work than it was when I started. It is less about patient care than about management protecting themselves and making as much money as possible.
Best Job
medical assistant (Former Employee), Alton, ILJanuary 22, 2013
all medical assistant responsibilities. Referrals, precerts/prior auths. front office duties
Productive and family oriented placwork
Rehab Office Specialist (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJanuary 9, 2013
I enjoyed working here, just wish it would have been full time.Loved my co workers and really enjo working with womens health.
Productive Internship
Compliance Intern (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILOctober 15, 2012
Pros: good experience, and beneficial for the career field i would like to enter.
Cons: it was only for one semester and it didn't pay.
This internship was required for my graduation. A typical day would consist of me coming in at 8am and working along side of compliance officers until about 2pm. I would attend mandatory meetings that discussed the nature and status of the facility as well as being put in charge of creating different risk assessments survey's that dealt with compliance that would be sent to different departments to be completed.

My co-workers were mostly females, and management was through human resources as well as being assisted by the University.

The hardest part about this internship was dealing with mostly women all the time and me being the only male in that department of the office. The most enjoyable part of the internship was me learning so much about compliance and healthcare as well as tending mandatory meetings that were held in regards to important issues within the facility.
Good pay and benefits, Management is not ethical.
Benefits (Former Employee), CarbondaleAugust 8, 2012
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: management does not comply with their own mission and values
Typical work day was from 8:30 to 5. Good work hours. Clean office. Involved a fair amount of travel with wear and tear on my personal vehicle. Office work was not accommodating or flexible. Management made some attempts to make some minor compromises to office environment. For a Healthcare company that prides itself on their mission and values and their staff health and wellness programs, Management does not comply with their own standards. In fact, a valid, documented illness was viewed as a reason to terminate. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with different people. The hardest part of this job was trying to get Management to work with me to solve a problem. It was basically their way or the highway.
good place to work
Secretary (Former Employee), Golconda, ILMarch 26, 2012
Pros: close to home. great bunch of people to work with
Cons: not enough hours.
I worked at the Golconda office, which as closed several years back.
Very productive company to work for, friendly people and goal driven
Exercise Specialist ICU (Current Employee), Carbondale, IllinoisMarch 3, 2012
This company is based on patient satisfactory, our goal is to make every patient our number one concern and making sure everybody's needs are met
Pleasant Professional Nursing Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Centreville, ILJanuary 19, 2012
I sincerely enjoyed working for Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation.

About Southern Illinois Healthcare

Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH) is committed to providing quality health care and services in compliance with our mission and – Read more