Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILMay 11, 2015
I love working for SIUe its a great environment, plenty of room for growth, learning and experience. The people are great and its a great place to be apart of.
Patty's Everyday Tasks
Secretary IV (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 9, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
My daily tasks included typing and reviewing grant documents.
• Preparing vacation and sick leave reports.
• Maintaining monthly calendar for directors and supporting staff.
• Completing daily and monthly food reports.

It was my job to proudly represent the department, as we would communicate with the public, staff and students each and every day. I worked with a wonderful staff of 4 directors and 3 assistant directors, who would come to me often when they needed special projects done and they knew I would complete them to their satisfaction.

My most enjoyable job was doing desk-top publishing making brochures, banners, booklets, etc. However, it was sometimes a little stressful because there were deadlines and I had to be sure the designs, format, and information were accurate and completed by the due date.
Nice and active work place with a great boss
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Science west building, SIUEApril 29, 2015
working here gives me energy of life, nice and friendly co-workers, very kind and helpful adviser and pretty well managed schedule, these are what I like about this place. Best and maybe the hardest part of job is teaching children, I teach them laboratory skills and how to work in the biology lab and at the same time I learn a lot about how to manage them, how to have them to do something without making them unsatisfied, I love working with students. I have learnt a lot since first day, I enjoy my job a lot, my students energy make me feel fresh and energetic everyday.
Good research school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 3, 2015
Excellent experience in order to enhance research ability. SIUE provides supporter environment for students. I had the best time of my life at SIUE. My major is industrial engineering and my research is about supply chain.
semester long
Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee), SIUEFebruary 21, 2015
A great experience to the inside world of being a teacher and research assistant, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I learned so much during those times.
A perfect school to study and work with.
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 3, 2015
SIUE is one of the best schools for students who wants to learn subject in depth and to improve their subject knowledge. It provides good research opportunities for passionate and hard working students.
Very fun
TA, researcher (Former Employee), SIUEOctober 8, 2014
Good student job allows one to begin research opportunities atan early stage in their academic endeavors.
Short term internship
Career Development Center Intern (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 2, 2014
I only worked in the Career Development Center for about a month for an internship. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Services offered were beneficial to students.
lifeguard at college pool
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: co- workers
keep pool area clean, work in helping patrons, maintain their safety and help teach aquatic lessons.
Challenging Academic Setting
Undergraduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Gaining knowledge of the techniques utilized by molecular biologists in the academic setting was the overall goal of the experience. A typical day consists of performing tedious experiments in the laboratory, while keeping daily recordings of the procedures used. Results and conclusions were later drawn from the data collected and presented on a poster. Learning how to present scientific data in front of an audience was a great way for me to improve my public speaking skills. Writing a grant proposal to receive sponsorship for the project strengthened my writing and persuasive skills. Supervision for the project was scarce, leaving me to make independent decisions regarding the project. The hardest part of the job was working for the most part alone without much human interaction.The most enjoyable part was presenting my data at a conference and improving my professional public speaking.
Good job for student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: tuition waived
Work 10 hours of week.
Wrote SAS code.
Create and grade questions relate to Finance Mathematics.
Great Experience
Board of Trustees Member (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILMay 12, 2014
Great people and a great learning opportunity. Learned how to work as apart of a team.
Great facility to workout and feel more a part of the university
Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 30, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and a great place to meet new people. Management is very understanding and know that school comes first. The schedules are flexible and work around the school schedule.
School program - worked 3 months
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 21, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Learned to use a grill to make breakfast for students and faculty.
Typical work day
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Would start off by opening the office in the morning. Checking the mail and taking the mail to specified places. Unlocking cabinets that include material only deans are allowed to see. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls.
Excellent Higher Education Institution
POLICE SERGEANT (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILNovember 2, 2013
Exceptional campus community/work environment; staff/faculty on campus work together to make this campus a safe, friendly institution.
Things I learnt
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 15, 2013
I work Under a Professor who is mutli talented teaches technical courses has sound knowledge about Jazz music and even teaches music. I got to learn many things. He thought me the correct pronunciation in American accent. He built my confidence levels such that I gave a vote of thanks at SIUE for Indian Night-2013 and performed on stage also. I got to know why a person should know so many things. Its important to stand out from others so I learnt ORACLE 10g and CCNA because I wanted to be different from the normal Electrical Engineering student.
Great work environment for a graduate student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 11, 2013
I worked for multiple departments at SIUE as a graduate assistant. I enjoyed all of the positions which I filled. I frequently interacted with professors and staff members who worked hard and who treated me well. If you attend SIUE as a graduate student, I recommend working in at least one graduate assistant position.
Great job on campus
HISTORY DEPARTMENT STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILAugust 23, 2013
The best part about being a student worker on my college campus, was that they were always willing to work around my schedule, and it was usually hard to be late for work. I spent a lot of time entering data into a new and updated system and engaging with staff and students alike as questions came up. The worst part about this position was that I was the only student working in my department, and often spent time alone in a large room sifting through files. It was hard work, but I often got small raises and the staff took care of me.
A stellar university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJune 3, 2013
A great university where people of diverse backgrounds work to provide a great education to students. A typical day at work includes responding to students concerns and troubleshooting computer related issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships built with people from all over the world.

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Salaries