Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Employee Reviews

productive and fun enviroment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILJuly 24, 2015
I think it was an exciting and rewarding work atmosphere. The campus is beautiful and I am sad to be leaving shortly. It is a small campus growing at a steady rate. It will be a large university one day and I wish it the best !
Highland Supply
Image Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Highland Supply was a business that we dealt with customers all over the United States.
My job was to post payments to the customers accounts and to make collection calls to the non paying customers.
Job is depended upon renewal of contract each term.
Faculty Carbondale Regional BSN Nursing Program (Former Employee), SIUC Carbondale, IllinoisJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Teaching and guiding the students
Cons: Job depended upon renewal of contract each term, having classes and clinical assignments available to teach
Provided great job/work balance. Enjoyed working with the nursing students teaching and guiding them through the education and training to become a registered nurse.
This job has been personally the most rewarding. I felt like I was making a positive influence and guidance to the students.
Good office for Research andTeaching Assistants
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILJune 12, 2015
The advisor is very understanding to special cases.
He is also very helpful, he will at least try to help in anything even if he has no experience with the situation.
One week is given to complete all tasks.
Co-workers are very respectful and helpful as well.
Great Learning atmosphere
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJune 1, 2015
SIUE is an excellent school environment where many people of different backgrounds can come together and work harmoniously in a safe environment. The overall community was strong and interconnected, with many people coming together to work as one.
Great place to start your career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILMay 11, 2015
I love working for SIUe its a great environment, plenty of room for growth, learning and experience. The people are great and its a great place to be apart of.
Patty's Everyday Tasks
Secretary IV (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 9, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
My daily tasks included typing and reviewing grant documents.
• Preparing vacation and sick leave reports.
• Maintaining monthly calendar for directors and supporting staff.
• Completing daily and monthly food reports.

It was my job to proudly represent the department, as we would communicate with the public, staff and students each and every day. I worked with a wonderful staff of 4 directors – more... and 3 assistant directors, who would come to me often when they needed special projects done and they knew I would complete them to their satisfaction.

My most enjoyable job was doing desk-top publishing making brochures, banners, booklets, etc. However, it was sometimes a little stressful because there were deadlines and I had to be sure the designs, format, and information were accurate and completed by the due date. – less
Nice and active work place with a great boss
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Science west building, SIUEApril 29, 2015
working here gives me energy of life, nice and friendly co-workers, very kind and helpful adviser and pretty well managed schedule, these are what I like about this place. Best and maybe the hardest part of job is teaching children, I teach them laboratory skills and how to work in the biology lab and at the same time I learn a lot about how to manage them, how to have them to do something without making them unsatisfied, I love working with students. I have learnt a lot since first day, I enjoy my job a lot, my students energy make me feel fresh and energetic everyday.
Good research school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 3, 2015
Excellent experience in order to enhance research ability. SIUE provides supporter environment for students. I had the best time of my life at SIUE. My major is industrial engineering and my research is about supply chain.
semester long
Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee), SIUEFebruary 21, 2015
A great experience to the inside world of being a teacher and research assistant, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I learned so much during those times.
A perfect school to study and work with.
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 3, 2015
SIUE is one of the best schools for students who wants to learn subject in depth and to improve their subject knowledge. It provides good research opportunities for passionate and hard working students.
Very fun
TA, researcher (Former Employee), SIUEOctober 8, 2014
Good student job allows one to begin research opportunities atan early stage in their academic endeavors.
Short term internship
Career Development Center Intern (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 2, 2014
I only worked in the Career Development Center for about a month for an internship. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Services offered were beneficial to students.
lifeguard at college pool
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: co- workers
keep pool area clean, work in helping patrons, maintain their safety and help teach aquatic lessons.
Challenging Academic Setting
Undergraduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Gaining knowledge of the techniques utilized by molecular biologists in the academic setting was the overall goal of the experience. A typical day consists of performing tedious experiments in the laboratory, while keeping daily recordings of the procedures used. Results and conclusions were later drawn from the data collected and presented on a poster. Learning how to present scientific data in front – more... of an audience was a great way for me to improve my public speaking skills. Writing a grant proposal to receive sponsorship for the project strengthened my writing and persuasive skills. Supervision for the project was scarce, leaving me to make independent decisions regarding the project. The hardest part of the job was working for the most part alone without much human interaction.The most enjoyable part was presenting my data at a conference and improving my professional public speaking. – less
Good job for student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: tuition waived
Work 10 hours of week.
Wrote SAS code.
Create and grade questions relate to Finance Mathematics.
Great Experience
Board of Trustees Member (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILMay 12, 2014
Great people and a great learning opportunity. Learned how to work as apart of a team.
Great facility to workout and feel more a part of the university
Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 30, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and a great place to meet new people. Management is very understanding and know that school comes first. The schedules are flexible and work around the school schedule.
School program - worked 3 months
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 21, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Learned to use a grill to make breakfast for students and faculty.
Great Place with Great People
Telecounseling Coordinator (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILMarch 29, 2014
Pros: environment
SIUE is and will always be my home. There are so many great things about SIUE. It truly is the hidden diamond in the state of Illinois.

1 2 3