Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Employee Reviews in United States

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is a beautiful campus with excellent benefits. The faculty and staff are pleasant.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Some faculty and staff are challenging to work with
Great working atmosphere
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 16, 2016
I have learned to work with a diverse group of people. I believe customer service is key in promoting your business or brand, in this case, our school. As a manager, I consider myself as a stabilizer and analyzer. It is important to know your staff and make them feel that they have a vested interest. Employees who feel appreciated work harder and will give their best effort. I love the campus here at SIUE.
Pros
beautiful campus
A great place to
Departmental Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 14, 2016
I really enjoyed having the opportunity to be an instructor for the departmental tutoring division at SIUE. Having the chance to share my knowledge, inspire other students to succeed, and creating supplemental instruction were all fulfilling aspects. The schedule was very flexible, and the pay was decent for an hourly role.
Pros
Flexible hours, student culture, management
Active workplace with very nice people
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Starting a day with super nice people and working with them along a week was awesome in SIUE, I was a teaching assistant, so I was teaching in different lab. classes. During this time I have learned how to be patient and to keep myself motivated during a class, because in my classes I had different type of students, some of them were really interested to learn and some were not, so I had to help all of them to learn and to keep them interested in course staff, so I was trying different ways, to manage them to be more interested for learning. If I couldn`t find a way to do that, I would ask my co-workers who all were very helpful and open-minded people. Maybe the hardest part of my job was interacting with students that it was their first time being in the lab and it was a little strange for them to obey working in the lab rules, and it took time to teach them to just respect the rules because all these rules are for their safety and health. And again the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with different people everyday and not having a monotones life.
Loved working for my University
Model (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMarch 31, 2016
My job was very demanding physically as you might expect, but it was a very pleasing and respectful work environment. I loved working with the students to help them with their art, and I was able to take breaks whenever I needed.
Pros
Good pay, breaks as needed, respectful environment
Cons
Drafty rooms, cold cement floor
Excellent University
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an excellent university, has educated and keeps educating people for the true benefit of the world.
Pros
Peaceful Environment
Cons
Attached to state of Illinois
Student Job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMarch 12, 2016
Didn't pay great but had great people. Professors in the physics department are of the highest caliber. Would recommend.
Great University
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of CommunicationOctober 19, 2015
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is a great regional institution. From my experience there everyone is treated with tremendous respect. Moreover, the values and mission of higher education create a great environment to work in.
Small and nice school with good research opportunities
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 5, 2015
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) is small school with a great master's program in Civil Engineering. Graduate students get chance to perform diverse and cutting edge research work under supervision of the faculty. The faculty members are very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Lower Tuition, good research oppotunity
Cons
High mandatory fees
Great place to go to school/work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 10, 2015
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) is a great place to get an education and work. They provide you with many opportunities.
Career Development Center
Career Development Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville , IllinoisSeptember 22, 2015
A normal day consisted of assisting students with pre-employment goals to attain employment. I assisted students with resume enhancement, interview skills, and other areas in relation to attaining employment.
Job is depended upon renewal of contract each term.
Faculty Carbondale Regional BSN Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  SIUC Carbondale, IllinoisJuly 1, 2015
Provided great job/work balance. Enjoyed working with the nursing students teaching and guiding them through the education and training to become a registered nurse.
This job has been personally the most rewarding. I felt like I was making a positive influence and guidance to the students.
Pros
Teaching and guiding the students
Cons
Job depended upon renewal of contract each term, having classes and clinical assignments available to teach
Patty's Everyday Tasks
Secretary IV (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILMay 9, 2015
My daily tasks included typing and reviewing grant documents.
• Preparing vacation and sick leave reports.
• Maintaining monthly calendar for directors and supporting staff.
• Completing daily and monthly food reports.

It was my job to proudly represent the department, as we would communicate with the public, staff and students each and every day. I worked with a wonderful staff of 4 directors and 3 assistant directors, who would come to me often when they needed special projects done and they knew I would complete them to their satisfaction.

My most enjoyable job was doing desk-top publishing making brochures, banners, booklets, etc. However, it was sometimes a little stressful because there were deadlines and I had to be sure the designs, format, and information were accurate and completed by the due date.
Pros
Positive work environment
Very enjoyable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 6, 2012
The atmosphere in our department, and on campus is very enjoyable. Everyone in the Accounting Department is hard working and diligent in their responsibilities.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
low wages compared to industry standards
Nice and active work place with a great boss
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Science west building, SIUEApril 29, 2015
working here gives me energy of life, nice and friendly co-workers, very kind and helpful adviser and pretty well managed schedule, these are what I like about this place. Best and maybe the hardest part of job is teaching children, I teach them laboratory skills and how to work in the biology lab and at the same time I learn a lot about how to manage them, how to have them to do something without making them unsatisfied, I love working with students. I have learnt a lot since first day, I enjoy my job a lot, my students energy make me feel fresh and energetic everyday.
Excellent environment for knowledge workers
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 19, 2013
Great work environment. Supportive of personal values. Great staff and benefits.
productive and fun enviroment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 24, 2015
I think it was an exciting and rewarding work atmosphere. The campus is beautiful and I am sad to be leaving shortly. It is a small campus growing at a steady rate. It will be a large university one day and I wish it the best !
Highland Supply
Image Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Highland Supply was a business that we dealt with customers all over the United States.
My job was to post payments to the customers accounts and to make collection calls to the non paying customers.
Good office for Research andTeaching Assistants
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 12, 2015
The advisor is very understanding to special cases.
He is also very helpful, he will at least try to help in anything even if he has no experience with the situation.
One week is given to complete all tasks.
Co-workers are very respectful and helpful as well.
Great Learning atmosphere
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 1, 2015
SIUE is an excellent school environment where many people of different backgrounds can come together and work harmoniously in a safe environment. The overall community was strong and interconnected, with many people coming together to work as one.

4.7