Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Board of Trustees Member (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILMay 12, 2014
Great people and a great learning opportunity. Learned how to work as apart of a team.
Great facility to workout and feel more a part of the university
Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 30, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and a great place to meet new people. Management is very understanding and know that school comes first. The schedules are flexible and work around the school schedule.
School program - worked 3 months
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 21, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Learned to use a grill to make breakfast for students and faculty.
Great Place with Great People
Telecounseling Coordinator (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILMarch 29, 2014
Pros: environment
SIUE is and will always be my home. There are so many great things about SIUE. It truly is the hidden diamond in the state of Illinois.
Typical work day
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Would start off by opening the office in the morning. Checking the mail and taking the mail to specified places. Unlocking cabinets that include material only deans are allowed to see. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls.
Excellent Higher Education Institution
POLICE SERGEANT (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILNovember 2, 2013
Exceptional campus community/work environment; staff/faculty on campus work together to make this campus a safe, friendly institution.
Things I learnt
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 15, 2013
I work Under a Professor who is mutli talented teaches technical courses has sound knowledge about Jazz music and even teaches music. I got to learn many things. He thought me the correct pronunciation in American accent. He built my confidence levels such that I gave a vote of thanks at SIUE for Indian Night-2013 and performed on stage also. I got – more... to know why a person should know so many things. Its important to stand out from others so I learnt ORACLE 10g and CCNA because I wanted to be different from the normal Electrical Engineering student. – less
Great work environment for a graduate student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 11, 2013
I worked for multiple departments at SIUE as a graduate assistant. I enjoyed all of the positions which I filled. I frequently interacted with professors and staff members who worked hard and who treated me well. If you attend SIUE as a graduate student, I recommend working in at least one graduate assistant position.
A stellar university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJune 3, 2013
A great university where people of diverse backgrounds work to provide a great education to students. A typical day at work includes responding to students concerns and troubleshooting computer related issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships built with people from all over the world.
Creative leadership position
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILMay 19, 2013
Pros: free housing, flexible work environment
Cons: minimum wage
Go to staff meetings and find out more about policies on campus. Supervisor is almost always available and is a member of the greater team. The hardest part of the job is managing my time while going to school. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know new people and enrich relationships with acquaintances along with planning events and keeping – more... campus safe. – less
Good
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee), NCERC, 400 University Park DriveMarch 20, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: no advancement
The environment depends on which office/department is involved. The general employee/faculty relationships are carried out well!
Great place to work as a Student
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILFebruary 28, 2013
If you are a student this would be an optimal position. Many different jobs available.
good steady student work
IT Student Worker (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: lots of time to work on homework
Cons: when it gets busy it is rough.
I worked at SIUE as a student worker for four years and enjoyed the relaxing work environment. In charge of over 100 computers, the job of an ITS student worker was at times fast pace but if you have a good grasp of the intricacies of Hardware and Software components the job is easily manageable.
Excellent environment for knowledge workers
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 19, 2013
Great work environment. Supportive of personal values. Great staff and benefits.
Excellent Institution and Great Co-workers!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 17, 2013
I worked as a Graduate Assistant and absolutely loved it! I thoroughly enjoyed teaching, helping others, and working with some of the best minds in the field.
Best place to work at!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Math DepartmentJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: presents the opportunity to learn and cover different course materials
SIUE provides a friendly atmosphere for all employees including Teaching Assistants like myself. There are available resources to help prepare for classes. Professors and departmental staffs also assist you in times of challenges. I learnt and adopted the skills to use different statistical applications and also improved my presentation skills. My co- – more... Teaching Assistants were friendly and always willing to share ideas. The hardest part of the job is the ability to learn and teach new things, as we were assigned to different courses each semester. But, I always enjoyed the departmental potlucks, which gave us the opportunity to relax and socialize. – less
good
Consultant (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILDecember 5, 2012
Good company. Great to work for. the People are great. Great work.
Great.
Cash Handler/Information Associate (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 28, 2012
Balancing and making daily bank as well as distributing them to various vendors.
Fun workplace
America Reads Tutor/Assistant (Former Employee), Christian Activity Center East St. LouisOctober 5, 2012
Pros: improving the knowledge of students
Cons: dealing with attitudes of children and sometimes parents
A typical work day consisted of assisting students grades k- 12th at the Christian Activity Center located in East St. Louis with homework when needed. After homework is complete assisted with serving lunch, activities in the gym, big room or computer lab, and serving dinner toward the end of the day. Work hours were between 3:00pm-8:00pm Monday through – more... Friday. – less
Overall positive, low drama environment
Community Director (Current Employee), University HousingSeptember 18, 2012
SIUE is a progressive University looking to expand, so if you're interested in getting some good experience with new areas of the university this could be a good place for you. Upper-level management is great, co-workers are intelligent overall, and the job allows for ample time-off and sick leave as necessary.